Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Also I believe Arcane Shot can get a higher focus cost without a 50% damage compensation. Why is heroic strike worthless while Arcane shot is strong? It's supposed to be a focus dump meaning low priority.
    Arcane shot is not a focus dump, i mean at this rate with its retarded "durp" dmg and the ability to spam it, i can consider it part of the rotation. There is nothing blizzard can do to adjust hunters w/o hurting them in pve, so lets just leave BMs alone and let them enjoy an entire expansion all to themselves.

I am also glad you are looking at warrior abilities as well because for sure they need to be buffed, the ability needs to be renamed "strike" instead of "heroic strike" (although there is already an ability called strike), but i am sure we had this problem as well during wotlk.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-31 at 05:03 PM.

I think hunters from the launch of WoW have gone from having probably the highest skill cap to definitely one of the lowest in Mists of Pandaria. The difference between a good hunter and a bad one has never been smaller. It's pretty foolproof...
    This is what bugs me the most about BM and MoP hunters in general. I played MM back in cata, that shit was the most difficult pvp experience I have had on any toon on any comp. Kiting had to be 100% on point since we had a deadzone, cc had to be on point, no dot-removing glyph on cc so that had to be factored in, snake trap root caused dots so you had to plan that out while kiting and damaging at keeping your positioning correct. Your pet was on passive because it did pretty much 0 damage and its cc was more important, so if you weren't doing your shit right you did 0 damage. Plus MM was more focused on pooling -> bursting and a hell of a lot more complicated than BMs "rotation". Good hunters were straight up respected back then; Hunters with a title were the ones you went "Shit hes fucking good" unlike the locks/rshams running around in cata.

The removal of the need for kiting cuts 80% of the thought process that hunters needed to go through up till MoP. I just love playing disc/ret/BM at 2k that the hunter sits there backpedaling and still wins because of stupidity of BM/ret.

I think hunters from the launch of WoW have gone from having probably the highest skill cap to definitely one of the lowest in Mists of Pandaria. The difference between a good hunter and a bad one has never been smaller. It's pretty foolproof...

Also I believe Arcane Shot can get a higher focus cost without a 50% damage compensation. Why is heroic strike worthless while Arcane shot is strong? It's supposed to be a focus dump meaning low priority.
    Hunter damage buffs are required for PvE purposes. They removed Readiness, which requires compensation somewhere and hunters aren't exactly top of the notch DPS at the moment with Readiness. But personally I think buffing Arcane Shot is the shittiest thing they could have done. It's gonna be hitting hard, and with the right spec and talents (BM and Thrill of the Hunt) it's possible to just keep spamming them. That would be fine if it wasn't 40 yard range and instant. I'd rather they just buff Signature shots and/or add in some form of ramp-up damage buff (like Frostbolt behaves at the moment and Cata Lambs to the Slaughter).

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Hunter damage buffs are required for PvE purposes. They removed Readiness, which requires compensation somewhere and hunters aren't exactly top of the notch DPS at the moment with Readiness. But personally I think buffing Arcane Shot is the shittiest thing they could have done. It's gonna be hitting hard, and with the right spec and talents (BM and Thrill of the Hunt) it's possible to just keep spamming them. That would be fine if it wasn't 40 yard range and instant. I'd rather they just buff Signature shots and/or add in some form of ramp-up damage buff (like Frostbolt behaves at the moment and Cata Lambs to the Slaughter).
    The secret to getting a damage increase for PvE purposes would be to make hunters more vulnerable to crowd control effects and damage ability interrupts. Double deterrence plus Bestial Wrath trinket plus damage through the pet despite LoS plus cast on the move plus uninterruptible plus blessing of freedom = a dps class that is nearly impossible to peel and if it does as much damage as a mage or warlock or rogue, it will flat out kill every other class in the game, which is almost where hunters are right now.

If you want PvE buffs, you are going to have to accept major nerfs to several abilities, including pet damage and damage on the move. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggety View Post
    If you want PvE buffs, you are going to have to accept major nerfs to several abilities, including pet damage and damage on the move. Simple as that.
    Or they can just separate abilities like they have for warriors and mages. "Hunter pets now do half damage to players". Too complex apparently.

I'm pretty confident that warlocks in next season will ruin hunters day and hunters will be the only thing carrying most melee classes to high raitings so doubt they really need nerfs at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp sucks I wish they'd just take it out of the game so my hunter can play properly without people crying about them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by El Plastico View Post
    Pvp sucks I wish they'd just take it out of the game so my hunter can play properly without people crying about them all the time.
    Then don't read pvp forums. Here - fixed it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    I'm pretty confident that warlocks in next season will ruin hunters day and hunters will be the only thing carrying most melee classes to high raitings so doubt they really need nerfs at this point.
    Not too sure, if you mean spellcleaves, affli is more viable sure, but not so much that the tables will turn on hunters, hunters hate being dotted and pressured and with dark soul charges on trinket procs there will be a hell of a lot more pressure. But hunters do so much dmg its stupid, like mages where back before the floating ice dicks. You do not have to worry about positioning just burst and spam instants. I would like to see some penalty to cast shots as a snare like kjc and just halve the dmg in pvp the pet does to bring it more in line with other pets in wow. See no. Pve effect, punishes shitty players and makes kiting harder.

Deleted
    Love when ppl whine about hunter pets doing to much damage. A lock using wild imps out damage a bm hunter pet by a fair margain. If your getting killed by a single pet, without the hunter beeing on your then you have some serious l2p issues.

This is actually EXACTLY what's already happening on live. The only things countering hunter brokeness is lock comps. And locks have of course gone under the radar this entire expansion while having 3 rank 1 viable specs all carrying teams for the most part between being able to outsurvive 3 dps and cc equivalent to hunters with the only drawback of having harder to setup burst.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Love when ppl whine about hunter pets doing to much damage. A lock using wild imps out damage a bm hunter pet by a fair margain. If your getting killed by a single pet, without the hunter beeing on your then you have some serious l2p issues.
    bullsh!t....

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This is actually EXACTLY what's already happening on live. The only things countering hunter brokeness is lock comps. And locks have of course gone under the radar this entire expansion while having 3 rank 1 viable specs all carrying teams for the most part between being able to outsurvive 3 dps and cc equivalent to hunters with the only drawback of having harder to setup burst.
    Well as i see it atm many things are broken: hunters, locks (demonic gateway - it's getting nerfed but affliction changes will easilly pull lock through), ferals (especially their symbiosis with priest), rets (rediculous support and burst), elemental instagibs, mage/sps in proper setups are no jokes either. Tbh overall there're lots of setups capable of taking R1 and most classes/specs have at least one. Only classes being left without a piece of cake atm are warriors and rogues - both getting some buffs and quality of live changes that'll significantly improve their power (tbh don't want to even think how retarded TSG will be with warrior charging in, DK aoe gripping ppls into 50% increased in dmg bladestorm and then doing the same shit only 1 min later). At this point there's so much broken in pvp that it's pretty close to balance, just need to break couple more classes/specs and we're good to go.

Also the reason i'm against further hunter nerfs is that most viable melee setups are based around them. Sure monks/rogues/ferals will be able to play in caster/melee/heal teams becouse of lockdowns this specs have, but wars/dks/rets/enchs are inferior in lockdown so they've to cleave their way through and hunter is the only class that can cleave hard and at the same time eliminate main cleave weaknesses - being easily kitable and lack of cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    bullsh!t....
    It's actually not. A BM pet by itself should not be able to kill anything 1v1. If you die to JUST a hunter pet you DO have l2play issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    This is what bugs me the most about BM and MoP hunters in general. I played MM back in cata, that shit was the most difficult pvp experience I have had on any toon on any comp. Kiting had to be 100% on point since we had a deadzone, cc had to be on point, no dot-removing glyph on cc so that had to be factored in, snake trap root caused dots so you had to plan that out while kiting and damaging at keeping your positioning correct. Your pet was on passive because it did pretty much 0 damage and its cc was more important, so if you weren't doing your shit right you did 0 damage. Plus MM was more focused on pooling -> bursting and a hell of a lot more complicated than BMs "rotation". Good hunters were straight up respected back then; Hunters with a title were the ones you went "Shit hes fucking good" unlike the locks/rshams running around in cata.

The removal of the need for kiting cuts 80% of the thought process that hunters needed to go through up till MoP. I just love playing disc/ret/BM at 2k that the hunter sits there backpedaling and still wins because of stupidity of BM/ret.
    You still need to kite, Hunters get obliterated if left in the open (i.e. not kiting properly). If we had deadzone back, then Hunters would be pretty much useless. The tools we have for kiting are nowhere near as effective since everyone has a thousand gap closers and slows. One could argue that deadzone was an instrument to defining the skill of a Hunter, but really, classes didn't have as many gap closers so it wasn't as hard as people think.

Not to mention laggy players would really mess you up since they would constantly be too close even though they weren't. Also, being pretty much screwed when you didn't have traps wasn't fun, similar to how Master's Call is now, in some situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should they be nerfed? Probably. Will they get nerfed? Probably not. Blizzard has no fucking idea how to balance Hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    Should they be nerfed? Probably. Will they get nerfed? Probably not. Blizzard has no fucking idea how to balance Hunters.
    They don't have an idea how to balance most things...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpewwindeeps View Post
    It's actually not. A BM pet by itself should not be able to kill anything 1v1. If you die to JUST a hunter pet you DO have l2play issues.
    I kinda hate how people compare a 2 min cooldown with limited dmg and no burst to a pet that is always there, if anything compare wlock pet dmg to hunters, rooooooofl that was hilarious lets do it again sometime. Hunter pets are too hard to kill and do too much dmg there is said it. You do not die to em but they sure help with free constant pressure. Also instant uninterruptable cc is kinda synergetic with the on demand burst. Hunters are strong because of the sum of their parts not any part in paticular. Tweaks in each area should bring them up. I would like to see hunter hunters be able to be blanket silenced apart from rogues and hunters every class that can blanket is a caster and susceptible to blankets themself. It would be nice to be able to silence a hunter burst, especially since hunters counter caster so hard. A killable pet and no more huntr dmg bufs should make em fine in pvp.

Concerning locks, they have been shit every time they werent broken last few seasons, aff has been wet noodlijg for all of mop, destro is a punching back spec getting a cb off is almost impossible unless you have mega dmg or someone peeling, also that cb hits for 60 k so gg. And demo is useless outside darksoul, and easily cced within dark soul. Wlock is currently only surviving because of the strong defensive cd's . Aff on ptr seems good and a top tier contentder now but lets see what will go live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then don't read pvp forums. Here - fixed it for you.
    I wish it would be enough. Unfortunately the float of PvP heroes have already started to affect Hunter discussion and some other places.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    You still need to kite, Hunters get obliterated if left in the open (i.e. not kiting properly). If we had deadzone back, then Hunters would be pretty much useless. The tools we have for kiting are nowhere near as effective since everyone has a thousand gap closers and slows. One could argue that deadzone was an instrument to defining the skill of a Hunter, but really, classes didn't have as many gap closers so it wasn't as hard as people think.

Not to mention laggy players would really mess you up since they would constantly be too close even though they weren't. Also, being pretty much screwed when you didn't have traps wasn't fun, similar to how Master's Call is now, in some situations.
    Everyone gets obliterated left in the open. On live hunters have mail armor and 15% passive DR with the talent that everyone takes, thats better or equal than all the other ranged and better than most melee who aren't in a defensive/blood/bear stance.

The deadzone was fine back then because hunters had alot more kiting tools back then (surv still has trap roots) and like you said, melee had less ways to catch up. Glyph choices weren't so good so 8 second masters call was easy to glyph for. Disengage had a lower cd, didn't root but you had traps for that. If they had a deadzone with their current tools it wouldn't work out so well I realize. If they went to a melee deadzone (smaller than the old one of what, 5 yrds?) then they could give them some of their old kiting tools back and maybe some more. I don't mind too much if hunters can kite well, but they should need to kite well. Against hunter/disc teams the hunters even at like 2k in 2s never have to kite unless their disc is being cc'd because a disc can heal through the damage while the hunter backpedals and destroys your face.

Imo, give them a downside for shooting someone in melee range, maybe not a deadzone, but maybe reduced damage? Give them a reason to kite besides lowering incoming damage. Other ranged kite to lower damage and so they can cast without being interrupted, but hunters can already do essentially 100% of their abilities on the move without being interrupted so they should be somewhat punished (besides lowering damage ofc) for not kiting like everyone else.