Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anyone else still think 2005 was like just a few years ago?

Still feels like 2005 was not long ago but it has been like 8 years! Time really does fly...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that happens when you spend the better part of 8 years playing the same MMO.
    Last edited by Stevegasm; 2013-07-29 at 11:47 PM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Heck, I have a hard time understanding how infants born in 2000 (which wasn't that long ago was it??) are already teenagers or soon to be. I feels old.

There are 19-year-olds who weren't even alive when Kurt Cobain died, that makes me feel old.

Also I checked out a few videos of the best Metallica gig ever (Download festival at Donnington where Lars was ill so Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo took over on drums) and was surprised/shocked horrified to discover it occurred 9 fricking years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    dunno about 2005, but i certainly remember the best new year of my life ( 2000 ) and those kids were born in this year are 13 years old now. i was 20 back then and i was thinking i was as mature as i could be. now i think i was a kid at that time. irony? time? god damn it i sweared that i would never marry, yet i have a daughter now and married for 4.5 years !

op, why did you do this to me? i was wrong, damn i was wrong in many ways !

10+ Year Old Account
    2005 was a great year.... given i was in grade 4! Had two teachers, both were great. Especially the one who teached on Thursdays and Fridays. In the mornings he would always share his army stories and they were awesome! And after lunch he would play his guitar and our whole class would sing Elvis Presley songs. Man, grade 4 was the shit. Now I am in grade 12 and sometimes left wondering... how the fuck did i get here so fast? Now this year, 2013 is progressivling very quickly. End of school here i come!

Most of my co-workers are teenagers. One is 16. He was about 3 years old when the September 11th attacks happened. I didnt bring it up but he probably doesnt even remember that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everytime someone says "10 years ago", I immidiately think of it as the 90's..
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
    Well, 8 years is kinda just a few years.
    I was thinking just this when I read the title...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damsbo View Post
    Same here. Also works with "20 years ago" being 80's. Why does time keep going on..? :|

I'm 40 years old. I remember the summer of 1983 like it was yesterday. Swimming at the public pool every day. Had a blast!

Now I'm old...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    I'm 40 years old. I remember the summer of 1983 like it was yesterday. Swimming at the public pool every day. Had a blast!

Now I'm old...
    No you're not!
    You are, however, in the group that soicety takes most serious. Spend your power well!
    Also you're probably very handsome, even in '83, wearing your speedos/whatever women wore. <3
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, in 2005 I was in my mid 20's in Iraq, wondering when I was gonna bite the big one. I hadn't even heard of WoW, or any MMORPG at that time. It seems like just a couple of years ago, but shit, that was nearly 10 years ago!

Yes, I do the same. Apparently it's part of getting old(er).

Yep. I think of any year that starts with a 2 as "just the other day".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me too.

Funny how time drags when you're young then flashes past once you're grown. Christmas always seemed to take two years to get here, now it feels more like three months.

Time does fly, and it will pick up even more as you grow older.

Also, 8 years may seem like a long period of time if you're really young (under 18). But for me (I'm 35), it's not really that much. Hell, many 20 year olds think 30 is dirt old. But I guess +10 years does seem a lot when it's half as long as you've been alive.

No you're not!
    You are, however, in the group that soicety takes most serious. Spend your power well!
    Also you're probably very handsome, even in '83, wearing your speedos/whatever women wore. <3
    The funny thing is, I look like I'm still 24. I'm in a really weird situation where women my age would look like they are rocking the cradle by dating me, and women in their 20s would get creeped out by dating someone my age, even if I look as young as they do.

People my age, even people a few years younger than me in their mid 30s, still talk down to me like I'm a kid. Kids treat me like a peer. Its funny and rather amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    46 here and yes time flies, I have 3 boys and the youngest turns 16 in a few weeks. Seems like yesterday I was putting diapers on him...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    The funny thing is, I look like I'm still 24. I'm in a really weird situation where women my age would look like they are rocking the cradle by dating me, and women in their 20s would get creeped out by dating someone my age, even if I look as young as they do.

People my age, even people a few years younger than me in their mid 30s, still talk down to me like I'm a kid. Kids treat me like a peer. Its funny and rather amazing.
    I'm quite sure the pople talking down to you are jalous. I know future me will be. I look 10 years older than I am (withdrawing hairline and a fullbeard will do that)
    I like juice

I graduated in 2005 and I work in private EMS. Seeing some of the kids now that are fresh out of high school with their EMT cards makes me feel old. they barely look like they are old enough to drive.