Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read the article, watched the video, No Outraged about anyone dumb enough not to listen to police when being apprehended. He did not drop his weapon as ordered.
    Did they go way to far for a guy with a knife by the multiple shooting and tasering? yes. Who is at fault he was shot, the jackass with the knife in his hand who would not stand down and drop his weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    the street car was empty guys. They can close the doors from the outside..heck they could put their cars in front of the doors..maybe even use a canine unit. Nope gonna empty a clip into the young man.
    To what extent should..."authorities"...go to prevent harm to knife / penis wielding maniacs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleficus View Post
    To what extent should..."authorities"...go to prevent harm to knife / penis wielding maniacs?
    Put a condom on the Penis and taze the mofo.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    He had a knife in his hand, cops asked to drop his weapon, apparently he didn't. Then he gets shot... I don't see the problem. How dumb can you be... seriously... if a cop asks you to drop your weapon, you drop it. If you refuse to, then you have to suffer the consequences.

Yeah, we should kill anyone that's like this! Why would we try to use non-lethal force to disarm a person when you can just kill them?

They are doing the world a service! This person is obviously messed up in the head, and I wouldn't want to pay taxes on his medical bills/jailing.

If you couldn't tell, this was sarcasm.

I see absolutely no issue with what the police did.

Here's an idea, how about you don't go threatening people with a knife in one hand and your dick in the other and you won't get shot? How about that? Because police are allowed to use lethal force in these types of situations, a knife is a deadly weapon and can be met with force.

Of course I think they could have tried to taser him first, but again they are easy to miss, you only get one shot. I also don't think cops need to shoot someone with a KNIFE that many times, either.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Yeah, we should kill anyone that's like this! Why would we try to use non-lethal force to disarm a person when you can just kill them?
    They tried, he was told non-lethally to drop his weapon at least 5 times, but I guess that just wasn't good enough was it?

Deleted
    Nothing of value was lost.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't quite say outrage as this is becoming the norm when you pair up a pseudo god complex, an open arsenal, and piss poor judgement by the boys in blue.

9 shots for 1 individual generally means you're a piss poor shot, this still doesn't top the gentleman in Michigan who apparently was worthy of 47 shots to subdue..and he too had a knife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    They tried, he was told non-lethally to drop his weapon at least 5 times, but I guess that just wasn't good enough was it?
    5 times from the start of the video. We missed a large chunk of the lead-up.

If you're threatening police with a deadly weapon and refuse to drop it, they're going to shoot you.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    seems like most of you like a police state. Not this mofo. Hell no.

A potential rapist threatening a woman with a knife was shot after refusing to drop his weapon? OH NO!

I don't see how anyone could be 'offended' by this. In all honesty, the world is a better place without that guy... also, no. This doesn't mean we live in a 'police state'. THat is a hilarious over-reaction to something so common.

I agree too much force was used, but the guy had it coming. He had numerous chances to lay the knife down and quit being a dick head. He didn't.

There is one very very important thing that most people don't get. The police aren't the Boyscouts. The police are a government sanctioned and funded street gang. They watch out for their own, just like street gangs watch out for their own. You think only "dirty cops" look the other way? You think if you actually hurt an officer in the line of duty you can just laugh it off? It doesn't matter what the Laws say. Their fellow officers will look the other way. Works the same way in the military. Welcome to the real world. Get used to it.

And when some anarchist gets his place broken into and all his stuff stolen, who does he call?

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    This world is so fucked when you have people who are willing to kill instead of using non-lethal force to disarm someone. They have tasers, pepper spray, rubber bullets, dogs, and gas they can use. Such a sad "civilized" world we live in today.

OP is just another bleeding heart. Nothing to see here folks.

Dumb ass threatens another with a weapon then dumb ass refuses to drop weapon cops kill dumb ass, i am suppose to be outraged by cops killing a psycho?

10+ Year Old Account
    If cops say "drop the knife", you either:

A: Drop the knife and interlock your hands behind your head and crouch down on one knee.
    B: Get shot by police.

Im going with A. . . . .

The police used lethal force in a situation that didn't warrant it, IMO. There were no other civilians at risk, no officer's life was in danger as long as he was inside the streetcar. They should have tried non-lethal subdual first, such as tear gas. If he had tried to attack one of the officers, then they would have been fully justified in shooting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Watch the video again and read the link i provided. You need more context.
    The police tell you to drop your weapon.

You don't.

They shoot and kill you.

People are upset why? Don't pull a knife in public and threaten people, and ignore police instructions.