15+ Year Old Account

Question About War of the Ancients and surrounding lore/history.

I've just recently started reading the WotA trilogy and so far have finished Well of Eternity, and just started the second book today. Now I've read quite a bit as far as lore background and history so I am quite familiar with much of it.

My question is, is the future(present) that we are currently in, in World of Warcraft, part of the result of the War of The Ancients trilogy? Or is it part of the history before Rhonin, Krasus, and Broxigar were thrown back into the time period of Azshara and the first invasion of the Burning Legion.

Really I'm wondering and questioning whether the War of the Ancients was a retcon of original lore and history or is it the set basis for the world we know of now? It's probably a very stupid question, but I was always of a different understanding. What other books should have I read I guess before I started reading the trilogy? I actually had figured this was pretty much the beginning :P. Thanks
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raziel083 View Post
    Really I'm wondering and questioning whether the War of the Ancients was a retcon of original lore and history or is it the set basis for the world we know of now? It's probably a very stupid question, but I was always of a different understanding. What other books should have I read I guess before I started reading the trilogy? I actually had figured this was pretty much the beginning :P. Thanks
    As I understand it, WotA established a new history that the game currently takes as canon. It was largely similar though and only a few fine details have changed, such as the death of certain beings in the age of the War, rather than the modern era of WC3 10,000 years later.

Rhonin and Krasus are introduced in Day of the Dragon, which also introduced and named the dragon Aspects and the Dragon/Demon Soul, so it might be worth taking a look at that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok thanks. I'll throw that on my list of next to read then after I'm done with this series. By the way Golden Yak, I love your Nerubian empire expac idea. When I read up on the Nerubian history and lore I was quite fascinated with it. I definitely wouldn't mind having an expac surrounding it.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors