Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    No. Frost DKs are based on the DK hero.

Liches have frost nova, a ritual move for mana, the WCII death knight death and decay, and frost armor. Frost nova and frost armor are mage spells. Dark Ritual is a magic card.

Death Knights are based on Death Knights.
    Pretty much this.

You could say the Mage's frost spec is based on the Lich hero. They're the ones who have Frost Nova and Frost Armor, two of the Lich's spells. Even then, it's a loose connection when you consider it's just Frost magic, which technically anyone can use.

10+ Year Old Account

Liches have frost nova, a ritual move for mana, the WCII death knight death and decay, and frost armor. Frost nova and frost armor are mage spells. Dark Ritual is a magic card.

The frost aspect of their abilities comes from the Lich. That is what it's based on.

Frost= Lich
    Unholy= DK
    Blood= Dreadlord

Well yes, Liches are Scourge Mages. Just like Blademasters are Orc Warriors, Beastmasters are Orc (faction) Hunters, and Demon Hunters are Night Elf Warlocks.

Of course the WCIII heroes don't match exactly to WoW classes, but there you have it. Blizzard broadly grouped up the classes (which were different from race to race in the RTS) into WoW classes which are uniform for each race. If they want to make a DH class then they need to effectively undo that, which either means removing the core aspect of the Demo tree for Warlocks or making the WoW Demon Hunter very different to the WC3 version. Either of those will make a lot of people unhappy of course.

P.S. The DK frost tree is pretty much brand new, there's nothing like it in the WC3 or WC2 Death Knight abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    The frost aspect of their abilities comes from the Lich. That is what it's based on.

Frost= Lich
    Unholy= DK
    Blood= Dreadlord
    Only thing they took from Dreadlords was Carrion Swarm really. And Liches? Well, DKs kind of got the "flavour" of frost I suppose, other than that not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Only thing they took from Dreadlords was Carrion Swarm really. And Liches? Well, DKs kind of got the "flavour" of frost I suppose, other than that not really.
    Actually they took Vampiric aura from Dreadlords. The original blood presence and blood aura restored your health, and the health of your allies based on the melee damage you inflicted on a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Actually they took Vampiric aura from Dreadlords. The original blood presence and blood aura restored your health, and the health of your allies based on the melee damage you inflicted on a target.
    Yeah, Demonology Warlocks got Carrion Swarm...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very tempted to create a "Rejoice! Tinkerer is already playable in-game, but not clear enough, apparently." thread, then list all the Engineering profession tinkers, mounts and gadgets. LOL. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't need Demon Hunters in this game, and we warlocks are not demon hunters. Thanks

Yeah, Demonology Warlocks got Carrion Swarm...
    And sleep, this is why demonology warlocks are disguised Dreadlords!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    I'm very tempted to create a "Rejoice! Tinkerer is already playable in-game, but not clear enough, apparently." thread, then list all the Engineering profession tinkers, mounts and gadgets. LOL. :3
    thought of this also a few days ago ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    inb4: "that's not the same"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    Go for it. I think it would be a good conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    And the Infernal.

Which is why you're never getting a Dreadlord class.

Which is why you're never getting a Dreadlord race
    Need to fix something.