Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Is condition damage a viable means of doing Liadri?

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is condition damage a viable means of doing Liadri?
    If you are not zerging her down with a glass cannon (like the warrior I linked earlier) it's the preferred method next to range.

What build/gear/strategy/everything did you use?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    It was a joke about the terrible launch commercial the game had. Here's a link to the part of the commercial I am referencing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...R5Q0ZOTa8&t=43

Oh...

/tooshort

I had Liadri like one hit to dead and I died...She will die!

What build/gear/strategy/everything did you use?
    I also did it on a condition necro, the only important part for me was hp regen food, rejuvenation booster and rabid armor
    In the first phase sidestep her auto attacks to reduce the damage as much as possible, kill the pull things as early as possible with scepter 2
    Phase 2 you just need to know the pattern of the AoE and then run in circles while dealing damage to her. Use death shroud liberally to survive
    The problem with her is that you can still die easily even if you avoid the one shot aoe because her own damage is pretty high, thats where most people that spend 100+ tries at her fail. If you just mitigate enough damage and regenerate hp the whole time it should be easy
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    I also did it on a condition necro, the only important part for me was hp regen food, rejuvenation booster and rabid armor
    I didn't even think about rejuv boosters and I have some rotting in my bank. Is HP regen food really better than the +40% endurance regen?

Well, I bought a set of green quality rabid armor (light armageddon), hopefully that's sufficient. My necro hasn't set foot in Orr and I didn't feel like trapsing out there for one encounter (though I suppose I will if I have to -_-).

Well, I bought a set of green quality rabid armor (light armageddon), hopefully that's sufficient. My necro hasn't set foot in Orr and I didn't feel like trapsing out there for one encounter (though I suppose I will if I have to -_-).
    Why would you need to go to Orr? The karma gear is account bound until you equip it, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Why would you need to go to Orr? The karma gear is account bound until you equip it, IIRC.
    trinkets are account bound, armor is bind on acquire, I believe.

Though, Mists/ Badge of Honor gear is probably also an option for her, given how many badges the achievements gave out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    I could have sworn it was soulbound on acquire when I took my engineer out there, but that was awhile ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    30/30/0/10/0
    This seems to be a really popular build, but do the 30 points in Spite for Dumbfire :P really make that much difference? I was looking at this build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAr...x0xER1CBsYNA-e

I could have sworn it was soulbound on acquire when I took my engineer out there, but that was awhile ago.

This seems to be a really popular build, but do the 30 points in Spite for Dumbfire :P really make that much difference? I was looking at this build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNAr...x0xER1CBsYNA-e
    30/30/0/10/0 is a very strong build since it buffs condition duration (the most powerful stat out there if you're gonna go with conditions) and adds another condition. It is important to note that Lingering Curse applies after normal condition boosts, this makes Dhuumfire a lot more powerful since you can go over the 100% condition duration cap (Dhuumfire can thus give perma burning). On any condition build you should consider using Giver weapons since 10% condition duration is a lot and you only trade off 90 condition damage. Just using one giver weapon + veggie pizza(you should stock up on koi cakes tbh) and 30 in spite gives you 80% condition duration.

If you compare the other build you see that you don't really get anything to boost your conditions. More mark of blood on dodge is nice but you can take that in both builds. 5% more damage is great but doesn't do anything for conditions. Vampiric adds a bit of dps but not as much as condition duration/power.

TLDR, yes 30/30/0/10/0 makes a big difference.

Deleted
    If you want to go really op, you can buy/craft runes that increase torment duration.
    Recipe is available in pavillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    30/30/0/10/0 is a very strong build since it buffs condition duration (the most powerful stat out there if you're gonna go with conditions) and adds another condition. It is important to note that Lingering Curse applies after normal condition boosts, this makes Dhuumfire a lot more powerful since you can go over the 100% condition duration cap (Dhuumfire can thus give perma burning). On any condition build you should consider using Giver weapons since 10% condition duration is a lot and you only trade off 90 condition damage. Just using one giver weapon + veggie pizza(you should stock up on koi cakes tbh) and 30 in spite gives you 80% condition duration.

If you compare the other build you see that you don't really get anything to boost your conditions. More mark of blood on dodge is nice but you can take that in both builds. 5% more damage is great but doesn't do anything for conditions. Vampiric adds a bit of dps but not as much as condition duration/power.

TLDR, yes 30/30/0/10/0 makes a big difference.
    MATH

Alright, I'm trying to figure this out here. Supposedly Dhuumfire is, what, 6-7 seconds of burning on a 10 second cooldown? So, how much condition duration do you need to keep it up permanently? Why wouldn't you use Giver's scepter + dagger for 20%?

I'm still not sure I'm getting this build either. It just seems like you're getting very little out of the Spite line for 30 points except for burning. All the traits seem kind of terrible and power isn't helping conditions. I'm just trying to understand why one extra condition is worth losing a ton of survivability via vitality and siphoning.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-08-23 at 10:10 AM.

MATH

Alright, I'm trying to figure this out here. Supposedly Dhuumfire is, what, 6-7 seconds of burning on a 10 second cooldown? So, how much condition duration do you need to keep it up permanently? Why wouldn't you use Giver's scepter + dagger for 20%?

I'm still not sure I'm getting this build either. It just seems like you're getting very little out of the Spite line for 30 points except for burning. All the traits seem kind of terrible and power isn't helping conditions. I'm just trying to understand why one extra condition is worth losing a ton of survivability via vitality and siphoning.
    Dhuumfire is a 4s burn on a 10s cd, so to get perma burning (in theory) you would need 250% condition duration. The highest you can ever get though is 233% and only necros can do this but (after some investigation) it looks like LC doesn't help Dhuumfire so you'll only get 8s of burning /10s. This still is very significant though since an optimised toon will do around 191dps with bleeding, poison of 382dps, burning 1072dps , fear 1046, torment 144\288 and confusion 577. So dhuumfire adds 858 dps (at max condi dmg).

You can use double giver weapons, I simply tried to point out how quickly you can get (close) to the cap (100%) when you get 30 in spite.

You give up a lot of survivability for more DPS. If you need the survivability by all means, keep 10/30/0/30/0. Technically swapping 10 traits from BM to DM would give you 6-7 more condition damage.

Let's say conditions are capped per person, this would mean that a necro can do really high DPS from conditions:
    25*191 + 858 + 382 = 6015dps if you add torment you get 6159dps or in ideal situations 6303. The problem is that your direct damage really does no damage at all (it's around 800dps) so even if the stars align and you can get all your conditions up (and only yours) you'll still only be doing a maximum dps of around 7k (this is with close to 3k condition damage).

If you go with similar "stars align" conditions on a warrior you can get up to 14k DPS which is quite the difference

Well, this is just for Liadri, so the only person applying conditions will be me. :P That's why I was wondering if burning is really worth it. Stars definitely will not be aligning for her and I'll be lucky if I get anything but the default (scepter) bleed on her. >_< Since Dhuumfire's a proc it's something I wouldn't have to worry about applying, unlike the rest, but at a survivability hit.

Since you mention warrior, this is something else I was looking at:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQ...LEwzjxLJmCVh5A

Someone posted it on the official forums and it seems like others have had a lot of success with it.

I'd just do it with zerker gear with GS tbh. When she comes in KD+HB and run to the next part.
    If you can't dodge it's ofc easier to run a build like that.

Well, this is just for Liadri, so the only person applying conditions will be me. :P That's why I was wondering if burning is really worth it. Stars definitely will not be aligning for her and I'll be lucky if I get anything but the default (scepter) bleed on her. >_< Since Dhuumfire's a proc it's something I wouldn't have to worry about applying, unlike the rest, but at a survivability hit.

Since you mention warrior, this is something else I was looking at:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQ...LEwzjxLJmCVh5A

Someone posted it on the official forums and it seems like others have had a lot of success with it.
    Don't you have a warrior? Just zerker her sheesh.

You make it harder then it needs to be lane

I really don't want to try any more 'zerker builds in the gauntlet. I've had, I think, zero success with them in there? I don't really know what to say about that. I mean, I wish I knew why I don't have the super easy time with 'zerkers that others do (or seem to). I need some room for error and there just isn't any with a glass cannon. Not to mention that it doesn't help my confidence when everyone's like 'oh this is so stupidly easy with a 'zerker [class]' and then I can't do it. Hell, I think I went through at least 6 of my alts just trying to get 5 gambits, each one supposed to be easier than the last, almost rage quit the game until I finally quit trying to do it with 'zerkers and managed it on my engineer with some crazy bomb/healy build.

Tbh, I'm going to be struggling enough just avoiding all the 1-shot mechanics without having to worry about things like her necrotic grasp whittling down my HP. (Strafing did not work for me at all. I don't know if it's my latency or what, but I always get hit with the damn things.) It's really hard for me to see when Shadowfall is about to happen, which means I'm probably going to blow a dozen tickets just memorizing their pattern. I also don't and never have performed well under pressure so, again, I need some buffers. Not to mention that I did plan to try for the 8 orbs and I need something sustainable for that.

I'm just trying to 'measure twice and cut once' so I'm not going through what I did with the 5 gambits. That was not even remotely fun.

Just copy this guys spec...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAjo4ZZXLo

Healing signet is OP right now, you don't need to strife back and forth.

There's really no reason to run anything other than zerker on Liadri. The damage you take during the fight isn't really that bad. It's all the things that can go wrong and 1 shot you that are the problem. At least during my attempts I rarely ever died to anything that wasn't a 1 shot mechanic. I always end up strafing into a clone in the 2nd phase, or an orb will pull me into a clone or pull me into shadowfall, or I'll just get a sloppy and get out of shadowfall too slow.

I did a bunch of attempts on my elementalist, and then gave up and switched to guardian. On my 2nd attempt on the guardian I had her just 1-2 attacks from dying. I still haven't gotten it but I was very close twice and I will get it eventually lol

I also use endurance food as well as the buff from the hoelbrack npc in the pavilion.