Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of dumbasses.
    Glad I was born in Tunis that tries to adept to western civilization instead of blindly following a bunch of crazy religious lunatics.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be based off of old stories that the croissant got its shape to celebrate European colonialist victories against Middle Eastern people. Based off of that, I can understand why they wouldn't want to have them served in their country. Americans changed to drinking for coffee for a long time after some of the bad experiences we had with colonialism and tea.

Anyway, it's a small faction in a rebel-held area that did this. Can't really paint all of Syria with that brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Slenderman View Post
    The funny thing is; I know a Turkish chef that said Croissant type pastries originate from there.

It's funny when things come to bite you on the arse...
    Croissants are from Austria...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    You won't be allowed to eat it anymore after you bite one end off.
    I'll start in the middle!

Seriously though, this is ridiculous... And yeah, what about bananas?
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    I'll start in the middle!

Seriously though, this is ridiculous... And yeah, what about bananas?
    You can eat the bananas that don't curl as much, they'll carefully sort them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddles View Post
    silly people, Aren't they Christian orthodox in Syria though?
    The majority of the people in the country are either Sunni or Shia Muslim. Which is one of the reasons why they are so intent on killing each other.

Never takes long for some people to generalize.. The only people who might agree with this nonsense, or follow it, are the one specific rebel group who came up with it. This is not in "some parts of Syria." This is just in a part of Aleppo held by a rebel group. Their religious nutcases came up with it. Guess they ran out of bullshit and had to come up with something. Reminds me of another nutcase who declared the earth was not round and it was forbidden to think it was.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time we bring that ruling to the US. There's no eating them muslim-shaped croissants and bananas in this house! You know who else uses a crescent shape?

Commies! That's who!

If we allow people to eat crescent shaped food, then what's next, communism and Sharia law?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    And how will they enforce this ? pastry police ?

This calls for black market bakery's !

Ah, but you see, the sickle is a tool used specifically for harvesting wheat.

No more bread for Syria!

I nearly spilled coffee on my keyboard. Thanks, Aleppo!

This is stupid, almost as stupid as when some politicians in the Middle East said they would not work with the French VP (Jean Marc Ayrault) because "Ayrault" sounds like the word "dick" in arabic....

Deleted
    There have to be muslims with certain crescend organs out there. What about those? Are they insulting the islam? Could this be the reason why there are so many extremists? Are they frustrated that their dick contradicts their beliefs? I am on to something over here.