Simcraft for Ele's

Hey guys, been a long-time lurker of the forums, finally decided to make an account. I have a question about simcraft stat weights. My gear has gotten to the point where when I run the sim, i get:

Haste: 2.98
    Mastery: 3.02

Now normally if you stick those numbers into mrrobot, itll tell you to go straight mastery, which I know is not so great for PE. What I want to know is if I should do a little bit of mastery, or just leave as is?

Also, I picked up Heroic Grasp of the Ruthless Mother on the last raid. I sim'd my toon using the new gloves and breaking up the 4 piece, and it gave me a slightly higher dps than if I kept the 4 piece. I don't think that sounds right, but just thought I'd check with the other ele masters out there

Lookup Viktry at Zul'jin (US) Can't post links yet :S

Stat weights change every time you change your stats. You shouldn't just be getting your stats from a single sim and then using them like that.

I had same issue. Stat weights are for new stats, so at the moment if you add a new point of mastery it is worth more than adding a new point of haste. For gem/ reforge u need a reforge plot

Your stat weights are within the margin in error for the sim. Your best bet is to run reforge plots now to see at what points you will get the biggest benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid1 View Post
    Your stat weights are within the margin in error for the sim. Your best bet is to run reforge plots now to see at what points you will get the biggest benefit.
    Ok i think i understand how it works thanks. And instead of starting a new post, I just wanted to ask the question here. When you use ancestral guidance, say on a boss thats 40yrds away (getting out of H Iron Qon wind storm) does your healing from the damage you do go to the closest players with less health from the boss, or from you?

pretty sure ancestral guidance heals player 40m from you (and not from your target). Not 100% confident about it though.

Healing during wind storm is pretty useless as player have a -90% healing taken debuff. Only absorbs/damage reduction cd are usefull while players are not out of the tornado zone. (ideally, use Shamanistic rage just before the boss grips you)
    Last edited by Bethan; 2013-07-30 at 11:11 PM. Reason: some info were wrong, my bad for posting too early in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    Healing during wind storm is pretty useless as player have a -90% healing taken debuff. Only absorbs/damage reduction cd are useful while players are not out of the tornado zone. (ideally, use Shamanistic rage just before the boss grips you)
    that is not correct. it is a debuff that reduces the damage, healing, and absorption effects by 80% cast by the person who has the debuff.
    so if you have a warlock with portal healer can instant get out of the wind and heal the players still inside with full effect as far as I know.

Ok, that makes sense. I usually pop my rocket boost and make it through pretty quick, then pop AG and burn the boss from just outside the wind storm.