Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Yup, they said BACK IN CATACLYSM that we wouldn't leave Kezan to the memory and they had plans to revisit that in the future. And Gilneas is a Huge Map that is a ghost territory right now, a complete waste of a good resource.

Chances are way greater that Goblins and Worgen are to receive proper territories before something as deprecated and with no valuable resources as Stromgard is used. Stromgard would serve only as a mental masturbation to SOME alliance players with ego problems.
    stromgard is the original human capital of the arathor empire. its far more important than gilneas or even lordaeron, and danath could finally come back and have a spotlight in the lore.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    It wont stay in the hands of alliance for too long, since it is located in the horde controlled territory. If they decide to make an alliance capital right next to the horde one, they I say they make a similar thing in Loch Modan for example for the horde. Looks stupid, doesn't it?
    It's not really all that close.

And since when has "location" been any real factor in deciding capitols? Theramore was a stone's throw away from Thunderbluff, and a little farther from Orgrimmar. And it's not like proximity would have any real in-game effect.
    "Do not look down, my friend. Even in the darkest of times, there is always hope... Hope for a better day, hope for a new dawn... Or just hope for a good breakfast. You start small, then see what you can get." ~ Covetous Shen
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    stromgard is the original human capital of the arathor empire. its far more important than gilneas or even lordaeron, and danath could finally come back and have a spotlight in the lore.
    Exactly, the Kingdom of Stromgarde is the cradle of the mankind of Azeroth, in fact it is the last remnant of the Empire of Arathor (the first organization of humans in Azeroth founded by none other than Thoradin), being the city of Stromgarde itself in Arathi built on the remains of the ancient capital of the empire, Strom, and being the Captain Danath the last living member of the Trollbane dynasty.

The Kingdom of Stromgarde has always been a reference when it comes to the military power of humans: the Arathi, a warrior people all over the meaning of the word, strong and courageous, practically oblivious to the magic, they do not afraid to fight for what they consider fair. No wonder they have been allies of the Bronzebeard dwarves for generations...

Furthermore, Stromgarde has another meaning for the Alliance. Thoradin, its founder, was the one who agreed the alliance of humans and high elves, i.e. Stromgarde represents the union of friendship and brotherhood that exists between humans and high elves, Stromgarde is living proof that it is worth keeping the alliance between the Quel'dorei and humans.

Danath Trollbane will form an army of loyal men and women of Stromgarde, and along with the support of the League of Arathor, will march from the Refuge Pointe to finishing with all the Forsaken presence in Arathi, ending the aberration in which his nephew Galen has been converted. Once what remains of Galen are ablaze, Danath finally will wield the weapon of his family, the legacy of the Trollbane: the Trol'kalar.

The siege and recapture of the capital of the Kingdom of Stromgarde will be relatively easy, finishing with the Syndicate and the Boulderfist ogres, the capital will back to its ancient name: Strom. Once both Strom and the rest of Arathi lands are under control of the Kingdom of Stromgarde, the work of reconstruction will begin: Strom will become a fully functional capital, Arathi will overflow life in all areas and the Thoradin wall will be rebuilt and will be under constant monitoring and warning against Forsaken attacks.

The Kingdom of Stromgarde will serve as a haven for the Alliance, a refuge for the exiles of Lordaeron, for the refugees from Theramore, for the dispersed High Elves and the Worgen of Gilneas; Strom will be the stronghold of the Alliance further north of the Eastern Kingdoms (for now), as it will become the first step to start other offensives, such as the recovery of Gilneas, the reconquest of Lordaeron, supporting Kul Tiras by sea (yes, Strom should have harbor) or even an attack to recover Quel'Thalas for the Quel’dorei...

Therefore I say:

Yes for a Stromgarde scenario!
    Recover Stromgarde is our duty!
    For the Alliance! Long live Danath Trollbane!
    The red fist will prevail!

Last edited by Northem; 2013-08-02 at 12:16 PM.

It's been there since like 5.1. It's a dev testground, like the Emerald Dream had been in Vanilla.

IF it becomes real, I imagine it'll be another Fall of Theramore. Where the Alliance has to evacuate the remaining Humans while the Forsaken plague-bomb the city.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    It's been there since like 5.1. It's a dev testground, like the Emerald Dream had been in Vanilla.

IF it becomes real, I imagine it'll be another Fall of Theramore. Where the Alliance has to evacuate the remaining Humans while the Forsaken plague-bomb the city.
    Feeling it much, I have to to agree with you ...

For Blizzard, the promised moment of exaltation of the Alliance is the "assault" to Orgrimmar ... which is not at all what the Alliance expected.

I fear that what I said in my previous post never will be fulfilled ... at least we have the imagination to see how the Arathi lands would be with the return of Danath:

new undercity!!! for sylvanas!!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

It's pessimistic but it's also possible.

How do people make these preview videos like the one in the OP. I mean... some random player... suddenly exploring an unreleased scenario AND FLYING AROUND. I've seen a lot of MMO-Champ vidoes like that exploring new zones and instances and simply flying. What the fck.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    How do people make these preview videos like the one in the OP. I mean... some random player... suddenly exploring an unreleased scenario AND FLYING AROUND. I've seen a lot of MMO-Champ vidoes like that exploring new zones and instances and simply flying. What the fck.
    There used to be a tool at pxr.dk, WMT, but it's been discontinued, so I'm not sure nowadays.

I don't get the obsession with Stromgarde. I know Stormwind is boring as fuck, but do human fans also find it so boring they want to claim other kingdoms? They're always after Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, and Lordaeron.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't get the obsession with Stromgarde. I know Stormwind is boring as fuck, but do human fans also find it so boring they want to claim other kingdoms? They're always after Stromgarde, Kul Tiras, and Lordaeron.
    Why doesn't anyone like Alterac?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

Why would GC lie about the scenario? It makes no sense. If they are going to deceive us they just don't tell us the truth and dismiss it, he doesn't outright lie.

It's a developers testing area nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You better take a look at this

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Why doesn't anyone like Alterac?
    Perhaps because they are traitors to the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Perhaps because they are traitors to the Alliance?
    What does that have to do with anything? Terenas was about to appoint a new king of Alterac.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)

Quote Originally Posted by gannimor View Post
    Maybe, but as I recall, we were told Mists of Pandaria would not be the next xpac on twitter when the trademark was deposed. So we may yet see something out of this. I can't see why they would label it 5.5 if it was only a test. Nevertheless, this is very interesting.

They never said it wasn't. What they did say was NORMALLY when they do something with panda it's has to do with TCG or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? Terenas was about to appoint a new king of Alterac.
    You mean Daval Prestor? I think he was controlling mentally to Terenas by that time ...

Anyway the Kingdom of Alterac never had very good reputation within the Alliance.

I wish it was true, and Blizzard is really finally doing something with Stromgarde and Danath Trollbane, but I seriously doubt it.

I can dream, though.

Several quest dialogs for Alliance, throughout the years, have suggested a comeback at some point. I'm not going to wait though..