Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    It's not over my head in the least. It's a piss poor way of trying to conflate arguments.
    It's way over your head or you are fishing for excuses not to address any of the points I've made.

Either way, it's pointless to continue this conversation, you're clearly not interested in hearing my point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Raintola View Post
    What's the difference? Being a "security guard" doesn't make someone any more or less susceptible to going postal due to stress/whatever.
    A security guard sits in the hallway.
    A teacher is belittled all day by students.

A security guard and his gun are in the hallway.
    The teacher and his/her gun is in the classroom with the students.

Most security gaurds who carry weapons are retired military and or law enforcement.
    Most teachers are not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Probably because students aren't 18 which has the obvious problem of children being dumbasses.

I dunno whether giving teachers guns is the best solution but I think it's better than no solution at all. I'm assuming they're being given proper weapons training and having some pretty thorough background/brain checks.
    Many children I know have respect for guns, it is not an age issue, get that out of your head.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    It's way over your head or you are fishing for excuses not to address any of the points I've made.

Either way, it's pointless to continue this conversation, you're clearly not interested in hearing my point of view.
    You should have noticed I started to address your points up until I noticed your pattern of unnamed quoting and intermixing of said quotes. It became tiresome trying to figure out who you were quoting and whether you were simply confused, were purposely trying to cause confusion, or just don't know how to quote correctly.

So you're right I have no interest in sifting through a pile of shit to find your purpose in quoting. It's not that I don't care what you have to say, it's that I'm not going to expend extra effort to do so when you can't, or don't want to, put forth a basic effort yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Armed security guards, yes. Armed teachers, no.
    agree
    The interaction between guards and students would be minimal. Teachers, they have a stressful enough life as it is MINUS dealing with a bunch kids being stupid as hell.

agree
    The interaction between guards and students would be minimal. Teachers, they have a stressful enough life as it is MINUS dealing with a bunch kids being stupid as hell.
    To be fair, I could see the schools expecting teachers to keep their firearms locked up in a small gun safe only the teacher has access to, so the possible risks you guys are afraid of, become less likely.

Carrying a concealed weapon is a huge responsibility. Even a smaller handgun is heavy and can become uncomfortable to carry for 8+ hours a day. I don't think administrators would allow this to happen if there wasn't a way to secure these weapons within the classroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Military as teachers worked well for Hitler's youth. That's the height of fascism...

Imagine if Sandusky had a gun to assist with his students.
    I hope you aren't talking about Jerry Sandusky. You know, the football coach.

And a Godwin...
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

If the teachers are trained regularly and go through the proper mental evaluations then what is the problem? When seconds count the police are minutes away so having a trained armed teacher or a trained armed guard is what will make the difference and save lives. Yes it is terrible that it has come down to something like this but being proactive and taking a stand is what is going to stop these events from continuing to spiral out of control.

here is an idea - hire former military personal to guard schools. we'd get the armed guards we so obviously need and they'd have a job - everyone wins
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.