Poll: How many childrendo you think you will have?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    My parents take care of my grandparents from time to time, and my grandparents did that favor to their parents when they were aging.
    That's where I got the idea from.
    Well, fair enough then, but the expectation of it is not fair. Raising the next generation and taking care of the old leaves barely any room for yourself and your own personal wishes or pursuits.

Already had 2, immensely proud of both.
    #1 is a chemical engineer, #2 is a world champion athlete (I shit you not).
    No more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    I'm engaged, while the fiance doesn't want kids yet, the yet is important, We'll do the getting married thing first and then think about it I imagine. Personally I'd quite like 2, a boy and a girl.
    Wishful thinking is fine, which I hope it is, otherwise wanting specifics for a child is egotistical as hell and will only lead you to disappointment and the child will be miserable.

Barring a massive 180 in my personal opinions, children are spawns of evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    Already had 2, immensely proud of both.
    #1 is a chemical engineer, #2 is a world champion athlete (I shit you not).
    No more.
    Congratulations?

What's the point of this post in context with the OP?

I'm missing a core component for having a child, so my answer is never...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Congratulations?

What's the point of this post in context with the OP?
    ... That sometimes having children works out great?

With a genetic disease, I would consider it a disservice to any said children to pass that genetic defect on to them. So no, I won't be having children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    ... That sometimes having children works out great?
    Which is also true for the opposite. Like my own case. My question stands.

Deleted
    No. Neither do I want to get engaged, nor do I want children.
    Both doesn't sound appealing to me. Not in the slightest.

Why is engagement even on there. Did we go back a couple of hundred years to when having a child out of wedlock was some shocking state of affairs that ended with women being sent to workhouses?

On topic: No. Various genetic disorders I couldn't in good conscience inflict on another human being.

I'm not engaged currently, but I do plan on getting married some day, so I wasn't sure which option to choose. I don't want kids. I've never wanted them. There is too much that I want to do in this life, and having kids would just drag me down.

Would like to keep searching for and eventually find a partner I can be with and share myself with, but strictly not looking for marriage and/or kids. There are things, places and people I want to see, learn, experience and enjoy right now and later and the physical and financial stress of having a marriage and kids would not allow me those opportunities.

Life is short and I have no illusions of a long, healthy life leading to 100 years of age or of immortality and prolonged healthy living via future scientific discoveries in my natural lifetime. I want to spend the limited time I have doing the things I enjoy and want to be able to enjoy in the future rather than engaging in this pointlessly expensive and unbelievably time-consuming exercise of putting people that look like younger versions of me and my partner to replace us onto this world when we pass.

I don't want to pay with copious amounts of my precious and scarce life, time and money to replace (a very small part of) the world's aging work force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm missing a core component for having a child, so my answer is never...
    What exactly do you mean by this? I am genuinely curious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope to one day find someone to share my life with, but it's unlikely that I'll ever want children. It's just far too much of a permanent commitment. I like to live my life from one day to the next, settling down and planning my life for years ahead just isn't something I want to do. I also don't really like small kids, they require far too much attention.

Deleted
    I will hopefully have 2 of them but not untill i'm finnished with my education and got a decent job so that would be around10 years from now :P when i'm in my 30s

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i will be engaged but no childrens... why?

-Waste your life: Most people work their ass off only for their childrens, to give the best they can to their children, but they don't actually enjoy their life..., IMO people shouldn't have kids until they are 32+ years old..., enjoy your life first before bringing another life to the world!

-I prefer adoption: IMO there are way to many childs out there who need help, so... why the hell would i make someone suffer (pregnancy) to have a kid, when i can just adopt a kid and make him/her happy...

-I prefer to be uncle: Uncles have the best thing of both sides (Note: In DR the families are quite close, we don't lose contact, etc...), i can have a nice day with the kid and if he/she becomes annoying, i can just give him/her back to my brother...., so... i can have the good things of being a father without the bad things XD

I'm married. Still 0 children for multiple reasons.

1.) Firstly, I despise children. Sure on a professional level working with kids is a necessary fact of life and part of my career, but on a personal level I avoid them at all costs. I do not allow neighbor kids on my lawn, in my pool, hate going to restaurants with kids in them (luckily my favorite restaurant is a "no-kids allowed" bar n' grille) and sure as hell hate schools.
    2.) Every male on my dad's side of the family have died of glioblastoma, and I've been to doctors every year to get tested for it, If its passed down genetically on my dad's side of the family, I want it to end with me.
    3.) I plan on having a job that involves moving a lot, and wouldn't wish that on a child.
    4.) I like money.

Best case scenario for me would be to find a great woman to marry who either can't or doesn't want to have kids. I don't expect that to ever happen, though. It's hard enough finding a great woman at all, and as I get older, it seems like even a high portion of the single one have kids already. I won't say that I hate kids, and I certainly would love my own. But I wouldn't like the effect they would have on my life. I value my time and privacy, and don't want to be responsible for anyone's happiness or well being but my own. I also don't want to deal with the court battles that favor women by default if we got divorced and she wasn't reasonable about split custody.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years (living together, too) and I'm not certain if I'll marry - not very interested in the whole marriage thing, nor do I deem it necessary. Wasn't sure how to answer on poll, though, since engagement isn't really a thing around here. Second option would be closest to my situation, I guess?

Anyway, I do not intend to have children. There are plenty of reasons for it (plenty of people on the planet already, costs of rising children, all that), but my main reason is that I'm simply not interested in kids in general, nor do I want to spend any of my time raising one. Going through pregnancy and childbirth is out of the question, too. I've read and seen things about parenthood, about it's upsides and downsides, and really - even the good bits doesn't seem to move me or excite me or want me to have this for my own. I'm 30, so by now I'm quite sure of what I want in this regard. And, after all, if anything ever changes - I rather regret not having kids than regret having them.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    I always get nostalgic feels from listening to the elywnn music. I could hear the crickets and the moon was out, just running through elwynn down to goldshire. So beautiful. I was checking out the tavern, loved the music. Then a night elf asked me to suck his cock for 15s.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no possible way I couldn't. It will most likely to me feel like heaven. I am a big sucker for children.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi