Deleted

Help me out! :-) WW MONK

So now i've rerolled to monk, for about 2 weeks, im 6hc down atm, and im pushing to low DPS..

Atm im using 2 handed, got staff from horridon today.
    Im not sure how much dps i can gain from 1 hands?
    And spec for each bosses?

Logs from today: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-74y95r03151t7ej0/
    Armory: Svág @ Silvermoon

15+ Year Old Account
    I suspect this is your toon:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1g/advanced

If so I would first of all suggest using either AMR's experimental reforging or Zypherus (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rus-Latest.zip) for reforging. that should maximize your Rune. Since you just got the heroic Staff, It's not advisable to switch to 2 1-handers until you get 2 Heroic 1-hand weapons (doesn't matter which ones).

Jin'rok - Diffuse Magic is a must to negate the Ionization. Hold off on popping everything until the first puddle
    Horridon - You can do 1 of 2 ways, you can cheese the meters by keeping a SEF on the boss when dealing with adds (but you are not helping the raid by doing so) or keep SEF on the most important adds and you on the small adds. Also Ring of Peace is REALLY good for Door 2 and 4 to interupt the adds.
    Council - Use SEF on the healer, and the Frost King while attacking the sand guy. Once the sand guy is dead take off a SEF from either the healer or Frost King and put the SEF on the rolling guy; and switch to the the add without SEF. Diffuse Magic is good for soaking a few more stacks of the debuff on heroic than normal (or if a moron in raid decides to pass it back to you after already sent it off already)
    Tortos - based on your logs, it appears your using the kite method. So all I can say is to get Dampen Harm and switch between Dampen harm and ToK for each and every stomp.
    Megara - Again you can cheese the meters by popping SEF on the head your not attacking, but again not helping. Diffuse Magic is good for the acid bombs as well as every other Rampage (ToK on odd-number Rampage). Heroic I would suggest picking up Rushign Jade Wind for the adds that appear.
    Ji'kun - I found Momentum to be extremely useful for the push back (2 rolls and I'm not moving). Again RJW is useful for the small adds
    Durumu - One trick I've found is using SEF on the Red add (generally in the red beam myself) while continuing dpsing the boss.
    Primordius - Not much to say other than DO NOT USE DIFFUSE MAGIC unless you are not tranformed. You will loose all of your buffs/debuffs.
    Dark Animus - ToK and Diffuse magic are very good for Interupting Jolt
    Iron Qon - Again ToK and Diffuse Magic are very good for this fight, especially when the red dog is up (his fire attacks hurt)
    Twin Consorts - depending on what your strat will be, your raid might require you to kite Sun during Night phase to purposely pop the shadow adds (FSK and Celerity are nice for that strat). Otherwise Diffuse Magic and ToK for the Fire AOE during the Sun phase is a must.
    Lei Shen - I use Momentum (if my FSK is on cd for Helm of Command), Leg Sweep for the adds in Phase 2 and 3, and Diffuse Magic for the Static Shock.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-31 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    Wow thanks man! This was appriciated!

But i already have Zypherus, and this was the reforge it made for me.
    Last edited by mmocf5e1a77ceb; 2013-07-31 at 10:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaeel View Post
    Wow thanks man! This was appriciated!

But i already have Zypherus, and this was the reforge it made for me.
    including the missing gem in your new weapon? I find it odd that it would not suggest reforging your new weapon's hit into crit (even that will keep your mastery in the top value.

This is what I got from running your toon:
    Reforges (155g 93s 84c): 7 differences
    Neck: Critical Strike > Haste => Mastery > Haste
    Shoulder: Mastery > Hit => None
    Back: Mastery > Haste => Critical Strike > Haste
    Waist: Haste > Hit => Expertise > Critical Strike
    Finger 1: Mastery > Hit => Mastery > Haste
    Finger 2: Haste > Expertise => Critical Strike > Expertise
    Main Hand: None => Hit > Haste

Enchants: 1 difference
    Hands: Enchant Gloves - Super Expertise => Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste

Gems: 5 differences
    Chest/Gem#1: Deadly Vermilion Onyx => Crafty Vermilion Onyx
    Waist/Gem#1: Quick Sun's Radiance => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Waist/Gem#3: Quick Sun's Radiance => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Legs/Gem#1: Deadly Vermilion Onyx => Crafty Vermilion Onyx
    Main Hand/Gem#1: None => Smooth Sun's Radiance
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2013-07-31 at 11:22 PM.

Do some pvp nd you will learn how to do damage properly and how to survive.

Deleted
    Broski, if you used some more time, then your would also figured that alot of the deaths will not be my problem, since some of them i ain't retriveing a heal for more than 8 secs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    including the missing gem in your new weapon? I find it odd that it would not suggest reforging your new weapon's hit into crit (even that will keep your mastery in the top value.

This is what I got from running your toon:
    With this it just made me 0.48 hit chance under..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaeel View Post
    So now i've rerolled to monk, for about 2 weeks, im 6hc down atm, and im pushing to low DPS..

Atm im using 2 handed, got staff from horridon today.
    Im not sure how much dps i can gain from 1 hands?
    And spec for each bosses?

Logs from today: worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-74y95r03151t7ej0/
    Armory: Svág @ Silvermoon
    i think you set your sig as your avatar....
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Something you could do to help improve your dps is to keep track of the dps meter when you dps, and try some different prioritations in different situations. I usually do this and it gives me a good view of how I can get the most damage out of the different situations.

I'm just going to go on record saying I'm extremely jealous that you have one Lei Shen kill on normal and have a Thunderforged RoRo. Across 17 kills on Lei Shen (LFR and normal) I have never seen one drop - and I have used countless tokens.

Also, upgrade that thing - it will increase the RPPM proc rate.

As far as logs (just looking at your council fight):

Your RSK usage looks extremely low. The 'best possible' RSK usage is 57 on that fight, you used 43
    You are consuming TeB too early in your RoR proc it looks. That needs to be used in the last 1-2 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    I suspect this is your toon:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1g/advanced

If so I would first of all suggest using either AMR's experimental reforging or Zypherus (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...rus-Latest.zip) for reforging. that should maximize your Rune. Since you just got the heroic Staff, It's not advisable to switch to 2 1-handers until you get 2 Heroic 1-hand weapons (doesn't matter which ones).

Jin'rok - Diffuse Magic is a must to negate the Ionization. Hold off on popping everything until the first puddle
    Horridon - You can do 1 of 2 ways, you can cheese the meters by keeping a SEF on the boss when dealing with adds (but you are not helping the raid by doing so) or keep SEF on the most important adds and you on the small adds. Also Ring of Peace is REALLY good for Door 2 and 4 to interupt the adds.
    Council - Use SEF on the healer, and the Frost King while attacking the sand guy. Once the sand guy is dead take off a SEF from either the healer or Frost King and put the SEF on the rolling guy; and switch to the the add without SEF. Diffuse Magic is good for soaking a few more stacks of the debuff on heroic than normal (or if a moron in raid decides to pass it back to you after already sent it off already)
    Tortos - based on your logs, it appears your using the kite method. So all I can say is to get Dampen Harm and switch between Dampen harm and ToK for each and every stomp.
    Megara - Again you can cheese the meters by popping SEF on the head your not attacking, but again not helping. Diffuse Magic is good for the acid bombs as well as every other Rampage (ToK on odd-number Rampage). Heroic I would suggest picking up Rushign Jade Wind for the adds that appear.
    Ji'kun - I found Momentum to be extremely useful for the push back (2 rolls and I'm not moving). Again RJW is useful for the small adds
    Durumu - One trick I've found is using SEF on the Red add (generally in the red beam myself) while continuing dpsing the boss.
    Primordius - Not much to say other than DO NOT USE DIFFUSE MAGIC unless you are not tranformed. You will loose all of your buffs/debuffs.
    Dark Animus - ToK and Diffuse magic are very good for Interupting Jolt
    Iron Qon - Again ToK and Diffuse Magic are very good for this fight, especially when the red dog is up (his fire attacks hurt)
    Twin Consorts - depending on what your strat will be, your raid might require you to kite Sun during Night phase to purposely pop the shadow adds (FSK and Celerity are nice for that strat). Otherwise Diffuse Magic and ToK for the Fire AOE during the Sun phase is a must.
    Lei Shen - I use Momentum (if my FSK is on cd for Helm of Command), Leg Sweep for the adds in Phase 2 and 3, and Diffuse Magic for the Static Shock.
    Just going to give my opinion on a few things I disagree with; however they are quite petty.

Personally think you are overusing SEF, it really isn't that good. I think it's useful on Council and that's about it.

Also on Jin'Rokh you can use Diffuse Magic to stand in the pool during the storm.

On Megaera Chi Burst is also a viable option as the spawn times of the adds are nicely separated.

Ji-kun and Lei Shen Tiger's Lust are probably better options. On Ji-kun it's 1 gcd compared to two for momentum. On Lei Shen you can give other people Tiger's Lust if they struggle with the Helm of Command.

Also I think Dampen Harm is better on DA and Iron Qon as you can mitigate 3 Jolts on heroic and you can mitigate 3 meteorites which is the big hitters.

I took a quick look at your logs and the biggest thing is what has already been said, you are using TeB waaaaay too early; you should be using it at least on 1sec left on RoRo
    Last edited by mmoc3d907a70fd; 2013-08-01 at 02:37 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pattison View Post
    Just going to give my opinion on a few things I disagree with; however they are quite petty.

Personally think you are overusing SEF, it really isn't that good. I think it's useful on Council and that's about it.

Also on Jin'Rokh you can use Diffuse Magic to stand in the pool during the storm.

On Megaera Chi Burst is also a viable option as the spawn times of the adds are nicely separated.

Ji-kun and Lei Shen Tiger's Lust are probably better options. On Ji-kun it's 1 gcd compared to two for momentum. On Lei Shen you can give other people Tiger's Lust if they struggle with the Helm of Command.

Also I think Dampen Harm is better on DA and Iron Qon as you can mitigate 3 Jolts on heroic and you can mitigate 3 meteorites which is the big hitters.

I took a quick look at your logs and the biggest thing is what has already been said, you are using TeB waaaaay too early; you should be using it at least on 1sec left on RoRo
    Only three fights where SEF is really useful is Horridon, Council and maybe Durumu. Jolt is nature damage, so dampen harm is useless for that.

Correcting Hina, Dampen Harm works on all types of damage (nature included =P), not just physical.
    Last edited by DarkHatred; 2013-08-01 at 08:05 PM.