Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did they change enhance at all for 5.4?

I don't think I saw any "real" changes to the spec since they started ptr, I'm either blind or retarded or both. Everything i'v seen up till now was glyphs and other irrelevant stuff.

Deleted
    Elemental Blasts works with SS debuff;

The combo of glyphed PE+EM got nerfed since the glyph CD reduction got changed to 2.5m;

Healing Tide Baseline for all specs;

Our 4pc bonus is a possible "solution" for our AE and if it works out well it will become baseline in the future;

Chain heal no longer looses power with each jump for all specs (you can tell our off-healing is equal to a pure healer);

SBT got buffed;

Astral Shift now 1.5m;

UF got reverted back to its original 30%;

Healing Rain now heals more targets in 25m (LOL i kno rite);

Those are the biggest changes I can think off from the top of my head.

With the ele blast and UF changes what tier 6 talent will be best?

Does not need changes, its in a very good place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imo enhance needs a thought out revamp. The way it's played now is not innovative or exciting.

Deleted
    What is not innovative or exciting?

The only beef the spec has for me right now is imbues and AE with low health mobs. Other than that I'd say this spec is perfect if not even OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foogyjenkins View Post
    With the ele blast and UF changes what tier 6 talent will be best?
    My napkin testing while using Assurance of Consequence (AoC) and 545ilvl, of a few 10 minute dummy checks, shows UF and PE to be very close with EB 10-15k dps behind. Note I was also using AS instead of EM as I found it significantly more DPS while using AoC given you have to either delay EM usage or not sync it with other cooldowns, on top of the annoying FE Glyph change.

Take this with a grain of salt though, as it's not a thorough comparison and there was the obvious PTR lag involved.

Overall, damage will likely be lower on day 1.

RPPM change is a bigger nerf to us than most, the change to FE glyph further reduces FE output. Our offhealing will be pretty crazy though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shaman is not the class for you if you want attention from the devs...

We tend to get ignored alot, so much that most of the shaman community has just been so demoralized we don't even complain anymore. The only thing that I'm excited about for 5.4 is some cool new glyphs (only a year or so behind everyone elses cool/fun glyphs). It's as unoriginal said, enhance needs an overhaul more than anyone, but at the same time I wouldn't really trust blizz to handle something like that, I'm sure they'd find some way to make us suck again.

While it looks like we didn't get touched too much we got a few nerfs, like Conductivity. I use that in pvp, but I won't be taking it in 5.4 because I never stay in one point longer than the duration of HR already. Luckily Rushing Streams looks like something I can make use of and HTT is baseline, even though it's fairly weak.

The other nice thing is the 4 set enhance pvp set will make FT apply a slow for 3 sec, so I guess that means I can take FB out of my imbue swap macro. And who knows, with everyone else getting nerfed pretty hard, maybe we'll just do better comparatively.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Overall, damage will likely be lower on day 1.

RPPM change is a bigger nerf to us than most, the change to FE glyph further reduces FE output. Our offhealing will be pretty crazy though.
    In what way. Enhancement has more haste rating than anyone else so the RPPM pull change will affect it the least.

Quote Originally Posted by flak View Post
    In what way. Enhancement has more haste rating than anyone else so the RPPM pull change will affect it the least.
    A) We use 2 long cd trinkets (near 10min max time), this means that neither of them will usually proc at the start of the fight, our extreme burst has been gutted by this.
    B) We rely on a lot of our burst for our overall damage. We have some of the highest burst in game single target, and ascendance made full use of trinket procs at the start of the fight especially.

Warlocks are comparable, but other than that who else? Need I remind you we are also balanced with our higher haste in mind. Part of why we have the lowest meta gem proc rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Warlocks are comparable, but other than that who else? Need I remind you we are also balanced with our higher haste in mind. Part of why we have the lowest meta gem proc rate.
    Ret Paladins, Warriors, Ele Shamans, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Quote Originally Posted by Rangar View Post
    Ret Paladins, Warriors, Ele Shamans, etc.
    No, not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    A) We use 2 long cd trinkets (near 10min max time), this means that neither of them will usually proc at the start of the fight, our extreme burst has been gutted by this.
    Bollocks, my trinkets reliably proc very shortly after pull even chaining after trash etc.

Deleted
    But we actually are the strongest scaling class with RPPM trinkets. We got the most RPPM out of haste because of EM + 50% haste rating bonus.

We will actually lose a lot of scaling, will go back to agi gemming and will reforge some haste to mastery, even with EM+PE.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    will go back to agi gemming
    Seems unlikely, since even our worst secondary stat (crit) is over 50% of agi's value in current BiS gear setups.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the idea that a pet does dobule my damage while is out, so i hope we will go back to UF.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitwit View Post
    Seems unlikely, since even our worst secondary stat (crit) is over 50% of agi's value in current BiS gear setups.
    I picked T15 BiS and removed Trinkets for two procc Trinkets.

Agi was 6.7
    Haste 2.6
    Mastery 3.0
    Crit 2.8

Took EM PE.

Agi seems winner to me. New setbonuses and cloak favor haste. So i think that PE EM will gem agi and still reforge haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moar nerfs.

Glyph of Healing Storm Each application of Maelstrom Weapon also increases your direct healing done by 20%. Major Glyph.
    Healing Storm Each application of Maelstrom Weapon also increases your direct healing done by 20%. Major Glyph. Instant

And they reverted the HR 25 man buff and gave another +100% restoration only.