Deleted

motherboard connectors

guys im looking for some help for my brother in law, as im baffled and am clean out of ideas.

he has recently taken his motherboard from an old pre build (which was purchased from currys in the UK), and he had upgraded the GPU, RAM and PSU and put them into a gaming case (antec 900)

on the case there is the following connections. front audio (for headphones and mic), 1394 firewire, 2 usb 2.0. now i got the usb connected to his motherboard but the speed is deadly slow (0.2mb per second), and the front audio, reset switch and hdd light dont work cos he doesnt have the little connectors you would get with a new motherboard to connect them to the case connections.

does anyone know anywhere in the UK i can get them or order them, he needs front audio, usb and one for the power connection (as thats where the hdd light and reset switch is as well as on/off) the machine is working perfectly apart from these little flaws. and before anyone suggests using the connectors from the other case, there was none, the little connector plugs were designed for the motherboard so the pins and holes lined up exactly.

ive tried maplin, pc world, currys, dabs, scan and cant seem to find them (pc world, currys and maplin deffo dont have anything like that)

any help would be amazing as im fresh out of ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off you don't need the quick connectors between the motherboard headers and the connections coming from the case.

Could you clarify Prebuilt? Ie did currys build it or was it from dell, acer, hp, etc?

Assuming Currys built it you should be able to find the motherboard model printed on the motherboard. From there you can google the manufactures webpage and download a manual and find out the correct pin layout for attaching the front panel and audio.
    Last edited by lockblock; 2013-08-01 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockblock View Post
    First off you don't need the quick connectors between the motherboard headers and the connections coming from the case.

Could you clarify Prebuilt? Ie did currys build it or was it from dell, acer, hp, etc?

Assuming Currys built it you should be able to find the motherboard model printed on the motherboard. From there you can google the manufactures webpage and download a manual and find out the correct pin layout for attaching the front panel and audio.

it was a lenovo desktop he bought from currys. ive tried the motherboard route to no avail. when i try to put the connectors from the case to the plugs on the motherboard they dont fit. for example the connector from the case for the usb has a row of 6 holes and below it it has the same 6 holes but one of them is blocked up (like that pin shouldnt be there) but yet on the motherboard there is 2 rows of 6 pins all complete with no pins missing and thats why the case plugs dont go on and i was asking about the connector blocks

if you want me to try and get pics i can to show you what i mean exactly.. but can them quick connectors be bought at all??

Deleted
    http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/iz...tml?sort=3&o=0 USB and POWER as you see the power has no indicators of where the hdd light, reset switch go, and on the usb you see the pin in the bottom corner missing but if i put the case connector on it correctly so the covered hole on the connector is on that gap the plug hangs off the edge and leaves 2-3 rows of pins unused

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/iz...tml?sort=3&o=1 and the same for the front sudio the pin missing is in the top right corner...

the motherboard is a Lenovo K430 motherboard, Intel Z75, Socket 1155, CIZ75M. i managed to find it online.

the case connectors match these https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=an...ml%3B550%3B550

http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/iz...tml?state=copy this is the audio connectors from the case and the arrows mark out the 2nd hole in that is blocked off which of you look at the audio connector on the mobo the gap with the missing pin is right at the edge so the connector isnt on completely... this is the problem im having..

the usb works as i said its just slow... but audio, reset and hdd light doesnt work...

- - - Updated - - -

can anyone help on this matter???
    Last edited by mmoc0438bebda2; 2013-08-02 at 08:18 AM.