Is Monster Hunter Tri still worth getting.

To start off the only gaming console I got right now is a Nintendo wii and I am building up my Wii Collection.

I was wondering if getting Monster Hunter tri is worth it even tho the Online servers was shutdown.

I do know there is a petition to get at lease one online server going for Tri but I highly dough that happens. Is it worth playing just for the single player mode and is it worth 20$.

I was thinking if I really like it ill get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate whenever i get a Wii-U or 3DS. Also If I do Get MH-Tri ill be playing it with a Wii classic pro controller.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is still decent but note that if you play Monster Hunter Tri you will probably be burned out by the time you get Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    The game is still decent but note that if you play Monster Hunter Tri you will probably be burned out by the time you get Ultimate.
    Well it will be awhile before I can get me a Wii-U or 3DS and Monster Hunter Ultimate.

Was looking for a decent kinda open world RPG to play and I been wanting to check out monster hunter and the only one I played was on the psp and I hated the controls.

Kinda gaming on the cheap atm since I am going back to school and job hunting at the same time and I need a decent RPG to play that gives me a skyrim feel as in making a guy gearing him up and killing monsters in a kinda open world setting.

watched some gameplay videos was just hopping single player was more then 8 hours long and had decent reply ability.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-08-01 at 01:40 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    its longer than 8 hrs took me about maybe 3 weeks to hit end-game and get geared
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    its longer than 8 hrs took me about maybe 3 weeks to hit end-game and get geared
    Nice I liked Dragons Dogma back when I had a Xbox360 even tho it hard its hard points.

I was mainly looking for a RPG with a MMO feel without it being a MMO like what DD gave me. It really dose suck that the online servers got shutdown but Ill get to check that out once I finally get a Wii-U and MHU3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Nice I liked Dragons Dogma back when I had a Xbox360 even tho it hard its hard points.

I was mainly looking for a RPG with a MMO feel without it being a MMO like what DD gave me. It really dose suck that the online servers got shutdown but Ill get to check that out once I finally get a Wii-U and MHU3.
    What bothers me the most is that they made the best items available only in multiplayer mode, and they must've known that at some point they were going to shut down the servers. So why not make them available in both single player and multiplayer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuma View Post
    What bothers me the most is that they made the best items available only in multiplayer mode, and they must've known that at some point they were going to shut down the servers. So why not make them available in both single player and multiplayer?
    I agree and like I said there is a petition going to try to get them to open one server but I highly dough that happens.

I was kinda just hoping it will give me that Dragons Dogma MMO feel and if I really do like it ill get MH3U once I get a Wii-U.

I'd wait for MH3U, honestly. MH3 is good, but MH3U is just so much more fleshed out and there is a surprisingly huge amount of content compared to the original version. I mean, if you can get it cheap it might be worth it, and I would say if you like it, still consider getting MH3U later on down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, how is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the wii u? I haven't bought a game on that thing in a long time and Reviews on the Run's review on Monster Hunter 3 peaked my interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Wait, how is Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the wii u? I haven't bought a game on that thing in a long time and Reviews on the Run's review on Monster Hunter 3 peaked my interested.
    Ya MH3U has been on the Wii-U for a few months now and after it came out they shutdown the servers for Monster Hunter 3 Tri.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/...ltimate/104797 Its also on the 3DS and both Wii-U and 3DS play on the same servers it seems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'd wait for MH3U, honestly. MH3 is good, but MH3U is just so much more fleshed out and there is a surprisingly huge amount of content compared to the original version. I mean, if you can get it cheap it might be worth it, and I would say if you like it, still consider getting MH3U later on down the line.
    Well right now Monster Hunter 3 tri is 20$ at gamestop and I mite be able to find it at a local used game store for 15$ at lows. Figured if I really liked it good chance ill get MH3U once I get a Wii-U.

Rather Risk 20$ and see if I play its playstyle then to spend 60$ and not like it.

Was just hopping that the single player element was worth it since the online part has been shutdown. I personally feel the online servers should not have been shutdown hell the game was only out 2 years when they did it and from what I read there was a TON of people playing it but they did it because of MH3U coming out on the Wii-U/3DS.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-08-01 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the game has a pitiful amount of content even with multiplayer, if you can find it for less than 10 bucks then go for it. The servers were shut down because they were hosted by Capcom, and not the player so it would have just been wasting Capcom's money maintaining servers for an obsolete game. Also, not very many people were playing it anyways, the game has a very small western fanbase.

My advice would be to try Ultimate from a friend or something since there is quite a lot of gameplay difference from Tri to Ultimate. There's also a free Demo you can download for when you do get a 3DS/Wii-U.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    No, the game has a pitiful amount of content even with multiplayer, if you can find it for less than 10 bucks then go for it. The servers were shut down because they were hosted by Capcom, and not the player so it would have just been wasting Capcom's money maintaining servers for an obsolete game. Also, not very many people were playing it anyways, the game has a very small western fanbase.

My advice would be to try Ultimate from a friend or something since there is quite a lot of gameplay difference from Tri to Ultimate. There's also a free Demo you can download for when you do get a 3DS/Wii-U.
    K as I said the lows I have seen it for is 15$ but I do know some people at the flea market if they get it they may sell it to me for 10$ or less.

I mite just wait on it as I said I was mainly wanting to get it to see if I like its style of gameplay and if I did when I finally get a wii-u/3ds I was going to buy MH3U. I got a list of games ill be getting for my Wii way before I get a wii-u mainly because I know like with the ps2 over the next couple years wii may get phased out.