Thread: DK PvP Advice?

DK PvP Advice?

Since my DK hit max level in cata and MOP have I only done PvE with her. Now I want to learn to play her in PvP.

What is the best specc for a DK in PvP? I will be using this DK for 3v3 and 5v5 eventually. Are there any changes in 5.4 that will make them weaker? (I hear they are really strong right now).

Guides, tips etc will be much appreciated aswell.

Thanks in advance.
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcatabeta View Post
    Since my DK hit max level in cata and MOP have I only done PvE with her. Now I want to learn to play her in PvP.

What is the best specc for a DK in PvP? I will be using this DK for 3v3 and 5v5 eventually. Are there any changes in 5.4 that will make them weaker? (I hear they are really strong right now).

Guides, tips etc will be much appreciated aswell.

Thanks in advance.
    Simply get your DK, pick any of the specs, stick some gear on it and mash your face against the keyboard repeatedly, that's pretty much how that particular class is played in both PvE and PvP.

Trolling is not allowed. ~Nyanmaru
    Last edited by Nyanmaru; 2013-08-01 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Simply get your DK, pick any of the specs, stick some gear on it and mash your face against the keyboard repeatedly, that's pretty much how that particular class is played in both PvE and PvP.
    Yeah no, that may be true for frost but even they have multiple resources to manage. Unholy is one among the highest skill cap melee classes just behind ferals and rogues.

Havn't been playing on my DK for some months, since i switched to feral, but i'm fairly certain that unholy is better than frost.
    Frost have a nice nuke, while unholy have better aoe-damage, bit extra control in form of pet, and the healing shield they can put up on a target, which really can surprise people.

But if you're just starting to learn pvp you can really just go with whichever you think is the most fun. I played unholy while almost any other was frost, because i don't like frost playstyle. I still had fun with it, despite it not being the popular choise.
    Now since i subjectively like unholy better, and it's the stronger spec, i would say you should go unholy
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    You won't kill anything as an UH dk "smashing your face against the keyboard"

Frost maybe, there is a chance to hit obliterate a few times with killing machine procs, but UH at least takes a bit of rune and runic power management to get the most from your pet and necrotics when going for the kill, not to mention being aware to kite when needed. You sir are trolling.

As for the OP, plenty of guides dotted about on this forum and love him or hate him, Reinheart the russian on youtube has some really good instructional videos for UH.

Thanks alot for the replies so far! Really helpful
    My dad once told me that aslong as religion existed, even I could make my own fantasy buddys