Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have no problem with bonus rolls. It isnt really extra work to obtain them weekly.

I run through the barrens weekly and pick up enough lesser charms to turn the quest in.

I think the issue is that people are over thinking the process for obtaining the charms. Its easy - now that we know that the QQ can stop. It is only as hard as you make it.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

10+ Year Old Account
    if you look at any h raiding guild like midwinter they have their raiders swapping in and out for some encounters just to try for h tf gear. coins benefit everyone from lfr raiders to h raiders. I like it that it gives you a extra shot and in 10 man where its 2 drops per boss its invaluable

IDK why OP cares, you can buy them in 5.4, problem solved
    - Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    - Blizzard
    Knowing Jaylock, he is about to bitch how it is for casuals now.

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Bonus rolls are needed if they're going to keep up with every boss has a massive loot table in 10m.
    Yeah, not a huge fan of every boss dropping multiple pieces for each spec, most of which are garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Knowing Jaylock, he is about to bitch how it is for casuals now.
    I was thinking more along the lines of complaining that they need to farm for gold now.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Yeah, not a huge fan of every boss dropping multiple pieces for each spec, most of which are garbage.
    It's even worse when I have to set my loot spec to WW to avoid getting chances at shitty tank trinkets and rings on my monk and pally :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddlez View Post
    - Blizzard
    If they allow you to buy them in the Blizzard Store, then I would support them being in game. But if they did this, they would need to increase the amount of coins you need to get the mogu runes for the bonus roll back up to 90 or higher.

Unless you do absolutely nothing in the game you can not avoid getting those lesser charms. If you're too lazy to go downstairs at the shrine and turn them in for the coins then my god man, what do you pay $15 a month for?

I think someones mad because every time he uses a coin he DOES get the bonus gold lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever problems Shadow priests have, have nothing to do with Mobility. And Shadow seriously shouldn't see any sort of buff before Disc is nerfed into the ground. Because right now any sort of buff that could in any way trickle into disc, would turn the damn thing into the incarnation of Jesus Christ the Avenger, as the definition of demigod would be insufficient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    My answer was in response that people think it is mandatory to have coins. They are not. They shouldn't have ever been implemented as a "feature" because it gives players the artificial feeling that they are in fact mandatory.
    Using this logic, all non-mandatory things that people believe to be mandatory should be removed from the game. That covers a lot including gemming, reforging, enchanting, valor points, gear upgrade vendor, etc. Doesn't seem practical. Let's face it if they weren't in the game people would no longer consider them mandatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Let me get this straight....

Your guild.. made its members get a program.. that tracks weather or not they used a coin roll? I'm sorry but that is completely unnecessary and quite frankly dictatorshipish towards your members. I would leave your guild in a heart beat if the GM ever tried to make something like that mandatory.
    Gotta agree with this. Any guild that was busy tracking my personal bonus rolls would soon be without my services.

EDIT: Props to Kujacko since he said pretty much exactly what I did when I dashed off my response to Jay's post. It's not a smart thing to simply remove everything from the game that's optional. There's no game left after that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-08-01 at 05:35 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    /spit

what a terrible response, I'm glad you speak for all of us.

I agree with the OP, bonus rolls should only be for LFR.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dailies aren't mandatory though, and the bonus rolls aren't bad.
    You want what might be in the bonus roll, that means you need to have the requirements for it. I honestly don't mind an extra roll on a boss where I suddenly have bad luck or nothing.

You don't need to use the bonus roll, and it have a low RNG itself. But it offers chances for extra pieces (Even TF for HC and Normal - and boss shared loot).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is why you kids today are called 'hardcore' by casuals. You aren't even good or committed to anything but seem quite fit to say that LFR shouldn't drop legendaries and other nonsense. It's not hard to get Lesser Charms. Dailies for Lesser Charms? Really? You had a point when dailies were the only way to get them and you needed 90 for bonus rolls. That was a bit much so I didn't bother with them at all. Now I have like 1200 of the stupid things and I got them all from rares and random stuff I killed. That's it. That's all I did. As a casual. As a filthy content-devaluing casual.

Again, this is why you'll only ever be 'hardcore'. Bonus rolls are literally the easiest possible way to get extra gear. Easier than grinding VP. Easier than grinding rep. Easier than doing LFR. Hell even some of those things give you charms. They're the best way to get bonus loot in the entire game and they're easier to grind than anything else in the entire game (except, of course, stuff like gold, cloth or mats which, btw, can be farmed at the same time as charms).

TL;DR grinding charms is easy, you're just lazy and bad for not doing them
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with Jaylock for once, I don't think the bonus roll should have been implemented.

Yes, they give you another chance at some loot, but on the flip side they give you another chance of no loot. I think the psychological impact of getting zero drops from bosses after numerous coin rolls far outweighs the positive when something does.

Are the numerous complaint threads on this very forum from the first six months of MoP forgotten already?

Really? You are complaining about the option to get FREE LOOT, with the caveat that it can take ~30 minutes to farm up 50 charms?

This thread is proof that people will complain about ANYTHING in this game. It must be so demoralizing to be a WoW developer, thinking you are putting something nice in that helps virtually every player, and yet STILL get people complain about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bonus rolls need a overhaul. Let the bonus loot allows us to roll on the item WE WANT! Not the crap we usualy get when we roll. (i got 2 same usles items and no dagger because of that)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know, they could just keep the bonus rolls, and make it a simple weekly quest that gives you 3x more chances that week, stockpiling up to 10 if so desired, and not require you to farm any quantity of things before hand. That would allow the bonus rolls to be available without making people feel "forced" to do content outside of raiding to get the most out of their raiding.

But they didn't, so I think you can safely infer their position is that if you want the bonus goodies, you have to jump through at least a few hoops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    /spit

what a terrible response, I'm glad you speak for all of us.

I agree with the OP, bonus rolls should only be for LFR.
    Hey, or let bonus rolls be available for all, but they only reward the RF quality gear from each respective boss. Then the normal/heroic raiders that are only running LFR to fill in gear gaps have less of a need to run LFR, giving them less of a need to bitch about it endlessly on MMO, and if a LFR piece isn't enough to be worth it, they don't have to bother with any charms.

Deleted
    the bonus rolls are a good idea, and with the recent change from 90 to 50 charms, they are a breeze to get, it usually only takes 20 to 30 minutes to get those coins. its a nice extra chance for you to get the item you want, true most of the time u dont get what you want, or u get a duplicate item. thats the only part i want see changed, that u cant coinroll the same item from the same item level u only get another item u dont have or a tf of the item u do have.
    but all in all i like the system.
    if you are in a heroic progression guild and you care bout progression faster then ofc u care for the coins. if you are in a more casual level of raiding guild, then ofc you care less for them.

I think I got more gear via coins than the boss loot itself. I can't see that as a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    heroic raiders won't mind to do a little hour of extra work.
    They are good in the game, they know what they are doing.

They don't even care.

You care. Only you.
    i doubt it's only him. also it doesn't take an hour to get 50 coins it's a lot less