Monk changes in TeB is a potential nerf to Healing elixirs

Many of us monk players have been using healing elixirs and this change is a potential nerf to this ability. If timed well, we can have a back to back healing elixir proc. Implementing a 5 second delay makes this impossible.

What are your views on this, fellow monks?

10+ Year Old Account
    explain how it is possible you are getting two Healing Elixir's in a row? because if you are that is a bug/exploit and should be fixed.

Does the recharge on HE start again right after you gain the buff or after you use it up?

Quote Originally Posted by athosprv View Post
    Many of us monk players have been using healing elixirs and this change is a potential nerf to this ability. If timed well, we can have a back to back healing elixir proc. Implementing a 5 second delay makes this impossible.

What are your views on this, fellow monks?
    A 5 second Delay to wait on a move that has a 15sec cooldown...

I really do not see the point of this thread?

The talent's effect is:

Every 18 sec, you gain Healing Elixirs, causing your next Brew or Tea to also heal you for 15% of your total health.
    That timer is ticking even when you have the buff up. So, get the buff, wait ~16 sec, use your Brew/Tea, and Healing Elixirs will be back up in ~2 sec.

So it does start the recharge cycle after you get the buff back.

I don't see the issue personally. I'm guessing this must be a PvP issue because if you really need to double proc HE in a certain situation it will proc of Energizing Brew or Fortifying brew as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    Does the recharge on HE start again right after you gain the buff or after you use it up?
    The HE buff starts as soon as you enter combat. Even if you don't use it, the 18 seconds start ticking. So, 17 seconds after you get in combat you can use your HE and 1 second after the other one recharges.

There were plenty of times when i used HE back to back. It is not a bug but just how the design of this ability is.

If the patch goes live, the back-to-back proc will only be feasible through a TeB followed by EB(Energizing brew) of FB(Fortifying Brew) Those are quite importand cd's to waste for 1 HE though

.. which is probably why they changed it.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

No, they added the CD likely to keep people from double tapping it accidentally and overwriting their TeB too early.

As far as HE goes, if you REALLY need to use it back to back and can't wait the 5 seconds then Energizing Brew early would be the least of your worries and very likely Fortifying Brew is probably going to help there if you need a double heal so badly anyways. In fact, if you need healing that badly you can use that extra energy from Energizing Brew to hit yourself with healing spheres.

I've overwritten a 10 stack buff with a 2 when I've spammed my button once or twice so it definintely helps with that. However, I wouldnt exclude the PVP Healing Elixir situation from being a reason for them to add a CD.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

I would think it would hurt more in PvP to overwrite your damage buff even for an extra 15% health heal. It seems like the number of places that would be valuable would be few enough that using our other brews to do the same would be frequent enough to deal with it.