Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Am I the only one that likes both pve and pvp on principle? I mean if you dropped me in a raid or a bg, I'd be equally comfortable in both, right down to the same keybinds for everything.

I just feel it's better for my overall skill level if I have a holistic knowledge of both and not just the 3-4 buttons I use for raiding. Imo things like PvP/brawler's guild really push you to get a better understanding of your class which really elevates your standard of play.

pvp is the shittiest part of this game. pve shit should never have to mix with it.

I can see the OP's point. I dislike PvP myself but I can and will get in there on occasion. The thing that bothers me though is I am depending on a random chance I get into a group that wins. On my human priest I got into a group and we won for the Temple, but for the mines it took 5 attempts. From what I hear of others that is very good. Also it can take a lot of time where you sit in queue for 5 or more minutes.

On the horde side with 10-12 minute queues I have not won any battles so far running 0 or 2 at the Temple and 0 for 3 at the mines. I tried healing and dps and neither seems to help the group more than the other. At this point I wonder if I should bother on alts that happen to be at this point of the quest chain due to I already have a character working on the parts past that.

This feels all to familiar to me compared to the School of Hard knocks. I gave up that a long time ago and found that by doing so I am enjoying the game again. I just could not complete parts of it. I would go in and time and time again not be able to return the flag or whatever it was. The mount at the end of the Long Journey isn't worth this kind of time.

I guess the problem I have is how random it can be. I could take part in another 30 PvP battles and still not come up with a win on my horde character.

I thought the pvp was the best part - made things diverse and wasn't expected.... was WAY better than the titan runestone part lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    I just point this out because often when this topic comes up it's almost like people have pvp anxiety or something, it's not some alien different world. Yeah, it's an immersion breaking quest (insofar as it deviates from a pve track) but apart from that, relax, they don't give a hoot about you showing up in 'their' bg, they probably don't even notice you and frankly half of them are probably as incompetent as you are in pvp anyway.

Winning a battleground is literally as trivial as doing your daily heroic or heroic scenario, I don't know why people make it out to be some impossible task, even on a shit battlegroup. I used to do one every day just for the conquest points, felt like just another random heroic.
    ....If you are Horde this is easy for you because EVEN BLIZZARD THEMSELVES have acknowledged that Silvershard Mines favours the horde, also WoW is a PVE GAME, I'm sorry to burst your bubbles PvPers.

The only reason that dishonorable / honorable kills, honor points and Battlegrounds were added to the game in the first place was to stop PvPers killing quest NPCs as well as lowbies in Southshore way back in Vanilla.