Deleted

Looking for a certain Zelda-like PC-game from the late 80s/early 90s

Hello. I've been looking or this Zelda-like game for some time now. There is this little dude with a hammer running around a village. S/he is helping the villagers with different tasks and collects things from their houses. Keys and stuff. I am not sure but I think s/he can build bridges over water. When you go inside a villager's house, there are mice/rats running around in it and you have to smack them with the hammer. When you do, they turn into diamonds/jewels that you collect. You can also hit the villagers with the hammers but they just make a dopey noise. You can talk to most, if not all, of them. If I remember correctly, there are places where you can buy health etc. When you move between spaces/villages you go into these caves by moving rocks where there are spiders attacking you from the ceiling (or then I'm mixing this with another game). I know there must be many games similar to this but it never hurts to ask. I hope someone recognises this! Thanks.

You might have better luck asking the community at gog.com, seeing as they specialize in these sorts of games.

Sounds very similar to a dos game called god of thunder.
    Last edited by Gilthresa; 2013-08-02 at 04:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off the top of my head I can think of two older PC/home computer games that were similar in play style to the top down Zelda games.

The first one was The Speris Legacy on Amiga platforms. The game was sort of a straight up Link to the Past clone in the graphical department, but with the option to pick dialogue choices and a nice Amiga quality soundtrack.

However the game I think you could possibly be thinking of is a far more obscure game from the late 90's released by eGames called Spooky Castle: The Adventures of Kid Mystic, or just labeled usually as Spooky Castle and sometimes as Kid Mystic. The game had a sort of polygonal 3D style to the graphics, but was viewed top down Zelda style. On the over world when you would touch an enemy you would enter a battle mode where you would run around a screen fighting enemies. The only reason I am guessing this could be what you may have played is because you mention spiders and the first section of the game had spiders as enemies with the first boss being a giant spider on a bridge.
    However from looking at it I think Spooky Castle may have been an enhanced version of a different game released on one of those multi game compilation discs for PC back in the 90s. I stumbled upon this and it looks like its the game that I am thinking of was based off of, but also looks more like the game you may have played since the main character is wielding a hammer weapon (though this reminds me more of Gauntlet then Zelda).

I also actually managed to find someone doing a review of the game I was thinking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7BlRUl-w3Q
    Last edited by Mechazod; 2013-08-02 at 04:47 PM.

Deleted
    God of Thunder is the one I've been looking for!!! Thank you so much to both of you. So happy now!

In the future, please use the designated thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1235087