graphics n data usage

So i recently moved, only to find out that the net provider gives us a limit of 500gb a month per household...

so im curious if i play games for example wow as its my "main" game, will i use more data on the game if i have higher graphic settings? thinking in terms that there is more detailed stuff to go between the server and me.

or am i just thinking completly stupid :P?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

No, all that stuff is handled on your client, there's no communication or data transfer involved there.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    All the graphic details in WoW are handled on your local computer, and are not a burden on your data limit. WoW actually has a very minimal data stream needed, it's the ping time (latency) that matters, not the bandwidth. I played for a time on a 1mbps line (that had good latency) and never had issues. The only time WoW may impact your download is when new patch/updates are being downloaded... and that's only a few gigabytes at most, even for major patches.

Unless you are torrenting huge files or downloading a lot of other stuff, you'll never come near your data download limitations. I watch a lot of streaming video (netflix,etc) and never come near my limit (250gb). Max in a month that I've done is maybe 50-75gb. Make sure the others using this connection know the limits, and not to abuse them

Ok cool. so basically it wont matter for 5 cents if i have lowest on everything or ultra if i understood correct
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Data traffic shouldn't be an issue as far as wow goes (and no graphic quality setting won't affect it at all). I've played wow reasonably smooth over a 3G connection (sharing my phone's 3G connection while on the road or when my regular internet went down once).

Deleted
    You don't have to worry about that 500 GB download limit. Back when I had a 100 GB limit, the only times I actually crossed that was when Steam did an unannounced update of The Witcher 2 on 2 computers in the house, downloading 40 GB in a single day.

to put your 500 GB in perspective: 720p youtube videos is is about 1 GB per hour. that's 500 hours, or 21 days in a row. if you spend 14 hours per day watching youtube, and the remaining you don't use internet at all, you will spend 434 GB in a 31 day month.

I believe downloading an MMO from scratch is on average 20 GB. so you can download 25 complete MMOs in one month. that's almost 1 per day.

Don't worry about a 500 GB download limit. unless you want to download your entire steam library in 1 month, it's no issue.