Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not saying it solves RNG, it just gives you another option.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    Why do you even need set bonus since you are still in LFR since it launched?

Um so I can progress my character? I'm not expecting to be uber leet geared, but I like to actually have progression throughout an expansion, something to work towards... :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG was one of the reasons why I quit WoW. The coin rolls made it worse. Will my item drop?...no it hasn't, oh well let's roll the coin, oh look it hasn't dropped again. Repeat that for 10-15 weeks and RNG can go fuck itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scriabin View Post
    Even if RNG hasn't been your friend for the last few months, the addition of Flex Raiding in 5.4 will further increase your chances of getting loot. Think about it, if you REALLY wanted to (and if you were in a NM raiding guild), you could actually run SoO weekly on LFR, Flex, and Normal.

if they do not share a lockout our raid week will consist of our normal days mandatory, then flex days optional until the raid group outgears flex with the possibility of using flex to try out applicants. it would be silly not to use the tools at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Um so I can progress my character? I'm not expecting to be uber leet geared, but I like to actually have progression throughout an expansion, something to work towards... :P
    set bonuses are designed around completing raid content, not for looking pretty. although the current tier has been lackluster for many classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arian21 View Post
    How does Flex solve RNG ? Please enlighten me !
    It doesn't it only allows you twice the chances at possible drops and the ability to waste a bonus roll on even one more inferior set of loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syfy View Post
    Blizzards rng is like aids, just like their games.
    blizz has an interesting take on percentages. since we have a lot of poke man aficionados that post to this thread lets use traps as a topic for discussing percentages.

traps read that you have a percentage chance to trap a pet which increases by 25% each time you miss. a reasonable mathematician would expect that you would only be able to miss a total of 3 times with the 4th attempt being a guaranteed catch at 25%x4=100% however using blizzard math some how you can miss five even six times. I have had it happen personally.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post

set bonuses are designed around completing raid content, not for looking pretty. although the current tier has been lackluster for many classes.

Who the heck said I want set bonuses so i can look pretty? My gametime is just as important than you guys that do normal/heroic raiding, I raid LFR, set bonuses help with that, they also help me do my daialies faster, killing stuff faster is fun in itself (you know, character progression, getting stronger throughout an expansion), it also allows me to challenge myself when soloing old content, a big part of my gametime too.

You don't have the right to tell me what I should and should not have access to, or how it affects me and my gametime, set bonuses are fun, and whether you are raiding LFR, Normals or Heroic, we all have content to complete that set bonuses help with.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Welcome to RNG. It has been around in RPG's for 25 years. Nice for you to finally notice!
    D&D is from 1974 although I'm not sure at what point loot rolls, wandering monsters, all that, were introduced. So that's almost 40 years.

Rogue is from 1980 and has essentially all the basic item/inventory/random drop features as well as the roleplaying orientation.

Who the heck said I want set bonuses so i can look pretty? My gametime is just as important than you guys that do normal/heroic raiding, I raid LFR, set bonuses help with that, they also help me do my daialies faster, killing stuff faster is fun in itself (you know, character progression, getting stronger throughout an expansion), it also allows me to challenge myself when soloing old content, a big part of my gametime too.

You don't have the right to tell me what I should and should not have access to, or how it affects me and my gametime, set bonuses are fun, and whether you are raiding LFR, Normals or Heroic, we all have content to complete that set bonuses help with.
    simply quoted a blue post that stated "tier bonuses are intended for completing raid content" don't get your panties all in a wad. I could care less what you do with the gear that was not intended for your segment.

simply quoted a blue post that stated "tier bonuses are intended for completing raid content" don't get your panties all in a wad. I could care less what you do with the gear that was not intended for your segment.
    Well then there is no issue, cause guess what LFR is raid content. So yay, now we have that sorted, you can take your arrogance elsewhere My knickers are firmly unknotted btw, I don't let little boys get me wound up, however I will state my opinion on said silliness when such quotes from the likes of you try to belittle others way of playing the game.

Well then there is no issue, cause guess what LFR is raid content. So yay, now we have that sorted, you can take your arrogance elsewhere My knickers are firmly unknotted btw, I don't let little boys get me wound up, however I will state my opinion on said silliness when such quotes from the likes of you try to belittle others way of playing the game.

LFR not being raid content is for another thread. the fact that I am most likely twice your age is as well.

LFR not being raid content is for another thread. the fact that I am most likely twice your age is as well.
    Well then if you are 62 years old, you should know better than to speak the way you do. It still doesn't change the fact you are telling other people what they should and should not have access to in this game.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually I wish LFR loot was a single merged table shared among all bosses, which would make it impossible to farm specific bosses for specific items in LFR.

People who are running LFR just because that's all they can run, the change would be just fine. I think it would be an improvement in cases where you can't even get to some bosses because the queues always pop at 2/3 down et cetera.

Normal mode raiders who are running LFR to get a trinket or weapon or set piece would no longer feel "forced" to do it.

Well then if you are 62 years old, you should know better than to speak the way you do. It still doesn't change the fact you are telling other people what they should and should not have access to in this game.
    not at all. just quoting a blue post. if you cannot read blue then maybe you need different than rose colored glasses. and yes I am in the ballpark of the age you stated. bit under so only a third older than you or so, jr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Actually I wish LFR loot was a single merged table shared among all bosses, which would make it impossible to farm specific bosses for specific items in LFR.

People who are running LFR just because that's all they can run, the change would be just fine. I think it would be an improvement in cases where you can't even get to some bosses because the queues always pop at 2/3 down et cetera.

Normal mode raiders who are running LFR to get a trinket or weapon or set piece would no longer feel "forced" to do it.
    or better yet make all LFR gear available on the online store for a dollar per ilvl.

Fed with RNG in general and with negative RNG specifically.

not at all. just quoting a blue post. if you cannot read blue then maybe you need different than rose colored glasses. and yes I am in the ballpark of the age you stated. bit under so only a third older than you or so, jr.

And again, LFR/normal/heroic ALL raid content, just because you think that LFR isn't worthy of being called that doesn't make it true. LFR takes a team of people to take down a boss, therefore raid, and the raid itself all the bosses etc = content. 3 difficulties of the raid. It's ok though, the old brain box doesn't often work as well later in life, I'll forgive you this once old man :P

And again, LFR/normal/heroic ALL raid content, just because you think that LFR isn't worthy of being called that doesn't make it true. LFR takes a team of people to take down a boss, therefore raid, and the raid itself all the bosses etc = content. 3 difficulties of the raid. It's ok though, the old brain box doesn't often work as well later in life, I'll forgive you this once old man :P
    LFR takes 3-5 RAIDERS to accomplish. been there, done that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    or better yet make all LFR gear available on the online store for a dollar per ilvl.
    In what way does making all LFR gear available on the online store for a dollar per ilvl pertain to the comment that you quoted?

Well obviously if you take in extremely skilled players that overgear the place then its a total roll over. No one saying it isn't. However not everyone that plays this game has that kind of gear, or those skillsets, you have a large mix of varying factors in LFR, you might get a group thats just barely hitting the req ilevel, you may have people that just aren't so great at playing, you may have some that are excellent players, etc etc.

That still doesn't validate anything you've said, it is still raid content. And those that run LFR exclusively are rewarded in kind for the difficulty level, which helps them progress into the next tier of raiding LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryve View Post
    No, what it does is makes the lucky players able to clear easier than their less skilled competition. If all gear had roughly equal weights, it'd be valid. As it is, if a guild gets a lot of weapons, trinkets and tier early, they have a tremendous advantage. Great game design.
    Just a poor post. First you equate lucky players to skilled players. Luck won't allow them to clear faster, skill will. They have the same chance to get the same gear. No matter how many retards claim that gear is all you need, heroic progression...even normal progression...says otherwise. Gear weights are more significant than you make them as well. The items you refers too only significantly modify bust and DPS, you need the armor for survivability, regen, etc.

Lastly, I do not see a design suggestion that makes it better. And you won't have one that is any more balanced or fair, because any fixed currency system used as a means of primary gearing will always benefit those with more time to spend. And if they were to impose a limiting system, then you would just be here again insulting their design choices and crying about how long it takes to get your gear.

To the OP - i got a monk to 90 9 days ago, and am now at 479 iLvl. Ran MSV 2 times, HoF and ToeS once. Couple quest items, some rep pieces, haven't even spent any valor yet, sitting on 2k. It isn't hard, the RNG for non-ToT is no where near as bad as you portray it, and if you are crying about ToT, our current raid tier, your just being a baby.

Yeah, bad RNG-streaks can suck hugely (My elemental shaman alt went 2 expansions without any epic shield drop >_< ), but there isn't really a better system than RNG to dish out the loot without making everything buyable for loot-points...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, a handful of people in full upgraded enchanted gemmed reforged normal mode gear can do the great majority of DPS and healing in an instance where the average equipped ilevel is 25 points lower than that and most of the gear is unaltered because it'll be replaced in a day or a week.

What exactly is interesting or even worth mentioning about this? What was your point?