Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Mechagnome Captainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Castle, PA
    Posts
    633

    Soooo sacred shield nerf?

    Nerfed by 30% for prot and ret.



    Will this make EF stronger for prot?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer thunderdragon2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    scotland
    Posts
    3,361
    hrm if thats the case id like to know whats best for ret for that teir

  3. #3
    Where do you see that?
    Even with 30% nerf i guess it's still strong. Getting a 200k shield up every few seconds, on top of you being topped off >.>
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    Will this make EF stronger for prot?
    No. SS still the best without a doubt.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  5. #5
    Mechagnome Captainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Castle, PA
    Posts
    633
    It's in the newest patch notes.



    okay, thanks fire. wasn't sure.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptJSparrow View Post
    It's in the newest patch notes.



    okay, thanks fire. wasn't sure.
    Aye. Just wondered if it was just datamined or actual ptr notes.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  7. #7
    It looks like it was the official patch notes. With EF getting a pretty big buff, that could tip things to favor EF, or at least make it a closer choice.

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Captainn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    New Castle, PA
    Posts
    633
    those were my thoughts. im not the best theory crafter but that's why i asked. it was a pretty big buff. and with selfless healer working with bastion stacks..

  9. #9
    EF/WoG could be competitive if the overheal it made would be converted to a absorb shield (like the old Cata talent), but that won't happen...

  10. #10
    The reason SS is so good, and will continue to be good, is because it gives a large absorb shield which is damage we aren't taking. Even with a 40% buff to EF we're not going to take it for current raiding content (could be good throughput for soloing old stuff or something) UNLESS we see a fight where we're not really in danger of death but also never really topped off. That seems pretty damn unlikely though haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    EF/WoG could be competitive if the overheal it made would be converted to a absorb shield (like the old Cata talent), but that won't happen...
    Also this.
    Last edited by Aceshigh; 2013-08-03 at 05:28 AM.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,886
    Absorb >>>> Heal

    Will always be so. Assuming that Boss is hitting you all the time, EF will overheal a LOT since it's a HoT while SS absorb is never wasted and also helps to smooth out damage intake.

  12. #12
    I'm alittle irritated with this nerf, 5-15% would have been enough, but 30% just seems excessive, way excessive. I mean common really? 30%? That 30% counts towards the healing, absorb, ect. Sure we have SOTR for physical damage but did blizzard think about magical damage at all? This is an amazingly stupid nerf TBH and makes me glad Im thinking of switching to mist weaver.

  13. #13
    This is ALL very irritating.. pass after pass they've been buffing the other Tanks to stand up to un-nerfed Prot while not changing Prot Pallies much except for a thing here and there.... Makes sense.. they say like like buffing up to X, not nerfing.

    But now that it's almost over let's sneak some bastard huge nerfs... why not.

    I mean what the flying dong, why you spent the entire patch buffing other tanks aroung crit and riposte (which prot pallies don't have btw because we have (HAD) haste) and last minute .. boom.. RPPM is nerfed to shit, Grand Crusader is back to being shit and our one fun glyph is trashed (which didn't do much healing to begin with it was always and I mean 'always' Sacred Shield...)

    Also why 30% for Ret??? Ret's Sacred Shield needed a buff ??? great F logic there.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheathx View Post
    I'm alittle irritated with this nerf, 5-15% would have been enough, but 30% just seems excessive, way excessive. I mean common really? 30%? That 30% counts towards the healing, absorb, ect. Sure we have SOTR for physical damage but did blizzard think about magical damage at all? This is an amazingly stupid nerf TBH and makes me glad Im thinking of switching to mist weaver.
    Because we're in such a bad position right now <.<
    Can't be bothered. It's not like we'll be bad tanks with that nerf. Should rather take a look at blood DKs.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  15. #15
    Blood DKS are not really bad tanks, they just got 0 utility, that is their problem.

    Maybe if AMS actually did something useful they would be picked up more.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    This is ALL very irritating.. pass after pass they've been buffing the other Tanks to stand up to un-nerfed Prot while not changing Prot Pallies much except for a thing here and there.... Makes sense.. they say like like buffing up to X, not nerfing.

    But now that it's almost over let's sneak some bastard huge nerfs... why not.

    I mean what the flying dong, why you spent the entire patch buffing other tanks aroung crit and riposte (which prot pallies don't have btw because we have (HAD) haste) and last minute .. boom.. RPPM is nerfed to shit, Grand Crusader is back to being shit and our one fun glyph is trashed (which didn't do much healing to begin with it was always and I mean 'always' Sacred Shield...)

    Also why 30% for Ret??? Ret's Sacred Shield needed a buff ??? great F logic there.
    We still HAVE haste. Grand crusader is far from being shit, it is probably only a nerf on fights where we're offtanking and don't have adds. Any fights with adds it has the potential to be broken, really broken. RPPM nerfs are for everyone, not prot paladins. If you think battle healer didn't do much healing, you're flat out wrong. In high veng situations it could put out and immense amount of healing. The SS nerf sucks, but hoensty SS should have been nerfed last tier or this tier EASILY. It has been and is insanely strong. I'm not sure how you're seeing these changes, but you seem to be over reacting to them, a lot.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    We still HAVE haste.
    And every RPPM proc dead with it so no synergy anymore with gear, gems, enchants, very exciting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    Grand crusader is far from being shit, it is probably only a nerf on fights where we're offtanking and don't have adds. Any fights with adds it has the potential to be broken, really broken.
    Is it justifiable that GC will be broken vs a bunch of melee adds and completely useless if you're not getting hit or tanking a caster?
    Wouldn't it be better where it could be very strong with adds and not saying strong, but at least present while you're doing your own thing with your attacks? <-- cause that way (the way that makes sense) was the previous way not the new one, also, another nerf to haste here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    RPPM nerfs are for everyone, not prot paladins.
    Yup, everyone who didn't have haste to begin with.. but had crit.. and now they have riposte.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    If you think battle healer didn't do much healing, you're flat out wrong. In high veng situations it could put out and immense amount of healing.
    I think you mean an immense amount of overhealing, that was always 3rd to Seal of Insight and Sacred Shield anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    The SS nerf sucks, but hoensty SS should have been nerfed last tier or this tier EASILY. It has been and is insanely strong.
    I thought the nerf for this was capped vengeance? why cap vengeance and nerf it 30%?

    Also why nerf it for Ret when it needed a buff for Ret, that one it's just plain unjustifiable.
    Last edited by Veliane; 2013-08-03 at 01:20 PM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Is it justifiable that GC will be broken vs a bunch of melee adds and completely useless if you're not getting hit or tanking a caster?
    Wouldn't it be better where it could be very strong with adds and not saying strong, but at least present while you're doing your own thing with your attacks? <-- cause that way (the way that makes sense) was the previous way not the new one, also, another nerf to haste here.
    A 12% chance to proc gc on a cs is not exactly extremely strong. It is a very insignificant nerf to haste.
    I would say the new GC is miles better as it can be abused far more than the previous installation could.


    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I think you mean an immense amount of overhealing, that was always 3rd to Seal of Insight and Sacred Shield anyway.
    Yeah, I agree with you, BH was never the strong. On some fights it was good, but I often did not use it on several fights, even in T14 before the "nerf".

    Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I thought the nerf for this was capped vengeance? why cap vengeance and nerf it 30%?

    Also why nerf it for Ret when it needed a buff for Ret, that one it's just plain unjustifiable.
    Afaik the vengeance nerf is not official, the only thing they changed in vengeance that I know

    /sit no longer gains more vengeance
    misses no longer gains you vengeance (why? dont get this really)
    multiple adds will give you less vengeance than before

    The nerf for ret was kinda silly though.
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  19. #19
    Protection and Retribution: Sacred Shield is 30% less effective.
    Does anyone have a bit more precise information on the "less effective"? Does this mean it scales less with AP or do they mean base absorb or both of them?

  20. #20
    If it is only base absorb then the change would not be noticeable.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •