Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Best begginer class?

Hello everyone, I am not new to wow, I started playing at the begging of Cata, so I know alot about the game. Ive mainly just done pve but I've gotten bored of it and want to play pvp. Whats the best begginer class to learn for pvp?

Deleted
    BM hunter. Initiate facerolling and owning!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    not hunter in 5.4 at least i think so anyway. Healer are the easiest to pick up for pvp since you would hav emore longivity so you would learn more tricks while staying alive. so for now Disc, Monk, and maybe druid ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    not hunter in 5.4 at least i think so anyway. Healer are the easiest to pick up for pvp since you would hav emore longivity so you would learn more tricks while staying alive. so for now Disc, Monk, and maybe druid ?
    Oh ouch, a healer for a beginner class ?! Maybe if all you have to heal is yourself and one more guy. Once you get into raids and and rbgs, healing actually requires quite A LOT of skill and also if you fail it may likely mean a wipe. How's that for pressure ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    Oh ouch, a healer for a beginner class ?! Maybe if all you have to heal is yourself and one more guy. Once you get into raids and and rbgs, healing actually requires quite A LOT of skill and also if you fail it may likely mean a wipe. How's that for pressure ?!
    Gonna agree here, a healer in PvP can be very nerve wrecking, every class getting an interupt didn't really help either, you'll be focused alot, if not get CCed alot, the off chance you'll be dealing with focus interupts aswell which are next to impossible to keep track of in BGs.

Best classes to begin with are definitly DPS classes, ranged is probably a bit easier to get into compared to melee aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    ^ yeah dk runes aren't great beginner mechanic.

go with hunter.

Deleted
    DKs are OP at lower levels. But then they get on par near level 85-90

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    ^ yeah dk runes aren't great beginner mechanic.

go with hunter.
    My first class was an unholy DK.

And he HAs played WoW before.Just PvE though . And now that you can make more then 1 dk per server he could make one.

Deleted
    Elemental Shaman

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hunter or Warlock - Have your pet eat some faces, while you use 2-3 skills. Boom presto!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever your PVE main is. Those are the abilities and keybinds you know best, just study the changes you need for PVP.

Hunter.

It is easy to pick up, hard to master. In PvP, you can probably get up to 1500 or more, then you need to know how to play a Hunter, which takes a lot of skill. Sadly I do agree with some people that the skill cap has lowered somewhat, but the skill floor might have raised too?

All you need to worry about at lower levels is your Focus, get it too low and you deal 0 dmg (AS will cost 30 focus= can't spam as much), too high and you waste focus. In 90 PvP you should go BM and watch your pet not being killed, they're often killed in a few seconds, unless you can bring them back fast. Also scattertrap/disengage root trap/webtrapping requires more skill than just one button. But I guess at 1500 rating all you have to do is spam AS and watch your pet. *shrug*

Don't go PvE though, I don't think Hunters are at a good spot in 5.4.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Hunter or Warlock - Have your pet eat some faces, while you use 2-3 skills. Boom presto!
    Have your warlock pet eat faces in PvP? Sure bro, good plan.

OT: BM Hunter.

BM hunter or destro lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors and DK's are the least skill demanding classes in the game at a minimum level and have little to no skill caps. They are basically designed in mind for beginner players but are completely unrewarding and shallow for expert players. You can probably faceroll up to around 1800 or 1900, but that's usually when those classes hit their "limit" where no matter how good you are, it all depends on how well your teammates can carry you from that point forward. There's literally little to no difference between a 1900 Warrior/DK and a Gladiator Warrior/DK. Both classes have such a small tool kit that there's really nothing you can abuse out of them if you're an advanced player.

I used to know some people who could play Feral and Rogue at 2200+ levels. Some of them Fotm rolled a Warrior during the start of MoP and told me how its night and day how easy Warrior is compared to Feral. This one guy I knew as a Feral Main destroyed me on my DK as a Warrior. I was completely shocked on how well he picked it up after he claimed that he just picked Warrior up to see how it is. He basically told me its like "playing a Feral druid on training wheels, there's no form of resource or crowd control mechanics, no active survivability mechanics and a lot of room for error."

When I look back at it all I know why the only classes I can play at a semi competitive level are DK's and Warriors. The reason I can't play other classes is because they actually require a certain skill level that's completely unknown to me. A Duelist Warrior/DK is like the equivalent of a 1700 Feral, not joking.

Also, people who keep chiming in about Hunters and Mages being skill less really have no idea until they play a Warrior or DK. 90% of Warrior/DK is tunneling damage and some form of stun or crowd control ability. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Whatever your PVE main is. Those are the abilities and keybinds you know best, just study the changes you need for PVP.
    This would be my take as well. Lots of classes do just fine, and if you're not trying to push rating, you can be pretty satisfied with any class. Being comfortable and not needing to think about core abilities will make it easier to get a grasp on situational awareness and use of utility skills.

Over the years i played mage, druid, shaman, lock, rogue, hunter and monk. As many already suggest, id go Hunter (until you rech some higher ratings its only faceroll, bg+arena) or lock (nice dmg and forgiving with def cds and selfheal).
    Its funny how times have changed, i dont see every 2nd answer "go mage and faceroll 2.2k"

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter as always
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Warriors and DK's are the least skill demanding classes in the game at a minimum level and have little to no skill caps. They are basically designed in mind for beginner players but are completely unrewarding and shallow for expert players. You can probably faceroll up to around 1800 or 1900, but that's usually when those classes hit their "limit" where no matter how good you are, it all depends on how well your teammates can carry you from that point forward. There's literally little to no difference between a 1900 Warrior/DK and a Gladiator Warrior/DK. Both classes have such a small tool kit that there's really nothing you can abuse out of them if you're an advanced player.

I used to know some people who could play Feral and Rogue at 2200+ levels. Some of them Fotm rolled a Warrior during the start of MoP and told me how its night and day how easy Warrior is compared to Feral. This one guy I knew as a Feral Main destroyed me on my DK as a Warrior. I was completely shocked on how well he picked it up after he claimed that he just picked Warrior up to see how it is. He basically told me its like "playing a Feral druid on training wheels, there's no form of resource or crowd control mechanics, no active survivability mechanics and a lot of room for error."

When I look back at it all I know why the only classes I can play at a semi competitive level are DK's and Warriors. The reason I can't play other classes is because they actually require a certain skill level that's completely unknown to me. A Duelist Warrior/DK is like the equivalent of a 1700 Feral, not joking.

Also, people who keep chiming in about Hunters and Mages being skill less really have no idea until they play a Warrior or DK. 90% of Warrior/DK is tunneling damage and some form of stun or crowd control ability. That's it.
    almost true.....almost

there is a big difference between unholy dk players

there is even a big difference beween frost dk players, just most frost dks do play mediocre, but there are some that play much better and push their team mate instead, usually they use their little def better and know when to use ns and to kite.

but dks do not have the toolkit of the CC specs and synergy, so ultimately, they fail in high rated arenas, with maybe the single exception of the 5vs5 bracket.

btw i played a dk and druid, frost/uh dk and feral/resto druid. The feral druid has definately more buttons that are useful, but he is the most op melee, so even mention this spec is no argument. ;>
    Warrior is too easy to play but got his nerfs, while ferals dmg and survibility was unnerfed. Actually a warrior should have more trouble against a dk than a feral who kills dks with eyes closed in incarnation and cds stacked.

And about warrios. I have to strongly disagree. Dunno how it is in pandaland but in 4.3 cata, when warriors are considered useless in pvp, i noticed a gladi warrior who cut through other players during a bg like a hot knife through butter and was unkiteable, too. He was always outnumbered and had never support in any form, just using pvp gear too. Very agressive play. you could try kite him he still deals massive dmg, you could focus him he still outdmg everything ootside of his main cds. But i never saw such a warrior again, it is very rare. Warriors are in a weakened state again, but there are players that can still turn the tide witch such a class. Maybe they never played something else in all the years.

All this said, there are excepctional players, playing mediocre specs against the odds. Still wouldn't recommend to touch a dk or warrior until a serious "warlock" class change, cause all you do is to deal with outdated mechanics and a small toolkit and skillcap. Worst of all them is the warrior with only arms availible in pvp, fury was never any usefull and good riddance of tank specs.

I think the best beginner class is the shaman. You got the diversity that matters in pvp: melee, dd caster and healer. In additon all specs here are strong or even outright op.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2013-08-03 at 04:28 PM.