Deleted

Glyph Suggestions

Hey people.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, and I don't have a clue where to post it anyway. But I was thinking about some windwalker minor glyph idea's for monks that I really miss.

(I just quickly gave them some names, but it's all about the effect)

- Minor Glyph of the Inner Storm: Always lets your character get the appearance of the storm spirit when using "Storm, Earth and Fire".

- Minor Glyph of the Inner Flame: Always lets your character get the appearance of the fire spirit when using "Storm, Earth and Fire".

- Minor Glyph of the Inner Rock: Always lets your character get the appearance of the earth spirit when using "Storm, Earth and Fire".

- Minor Glyph of Hidden Spirits: Changes "Storm, Earth and Fire" so that it never changes your own appearance when it's active.

Especially this last one would be great for me to be honest. I'm always a littlebit sad that I keep looking the same as a windwalker when having Storm, Earth and Fire up. And I could also imagine people prefering one spirit's looks over an other, so the first 3 minor's might make that more fun.
    A lot of other classes already have minor glyphs that affect the looks. Like balance druids, frost mage and hunter pets. Even warlocks have changes to the soulshard/burning ember appearance. And feral druids are able to change the looks of their shapeshifts in the barber shop.

Are there more people that had this idea and feel like it should be in the game already? Or am I the only one so far?

The only one I really want is a glyph that speeds up Chi Wave projectile, that'd be neat. Would be a major glyph, though.

Glyph of the Wikket

Teaches you the ability: Call Hozen Monks

Call Hozen Monks
    10 Energy 40 yd range
    Instant
    Requires Monk (Windwalker)
    Requires level 75
    The Monk calls a hozen monk to attack the target. The Monk can call up to 2 hozen monks at a time.

The monks will attack their targets and mirror your damaging abilities. However, for each hozen monk called the Monk's own damage will be reduced.

1 Monk Called - Monks deal 60% of the Monk's normal damage.

2 Monks Called - Monks deal 45% of the Monk's normal damage.

The hozen monks will last until the Monk cancels the effect or their target dies or is otherwise unavailable.

Replaces Storm, Earth and Fire.
    it's essentially a non-mystical version of Storm, Earth and Fire, for monks that would rather use more fists than superpowers. the hozen monks would also be pretty funny
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I was think they should combine the color change glyphs for CJL and RSK into one.

And then I was think of another, Glyph of the Focused Chi, changes the look of CJL into a more Kamehameha wave attack, so like a light blue malefic grasp that has a much larger diameter. But it still functions the same, channeled, damage, knock back. I would be okay with either a Ryu-esque channeled beam or an Akuma-esque rapid fire multiple "chi burst" arcane missiles

Glyph of Transmog:
    Allow your fist weapons be transmogged to the wpns of your choice.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    (major) Glyph of Fluid Strikes: Allows you to move at 80% of normal speed while channeling fists of fury, but removes the stun effect.

I would love to be competitive on Primordius HC, as well as any other fight where i start channeling my most important ability and:

a) the tank moves the boss out of range
    b) the boss drops an AE ability under me
    c) some other crap that forces me to cancel channeling

(minor) Glyph of Focused Fury: Fists of Fury now requires a target, and will not split it's damage between multiple targets

Ever had the problem of the raid leader call for a nuke on a certain target and everything is all clumped up? will be situational, but useful in some instances

Deleted
    glyph of why on earth isnt this in the game already - removes the dispel from revival

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Jab - You will always attack with hands and fist with Jab, even with non-fist weapons equipped without changing back to Stance of the Fierce Tiger everytime you enter a different zone.

Seriously though: Glyph of Avert Harm - Aver Harm will no longer re-directed to the Monk but now causes damage taken by party and raid members to be reduced by 15%.

OT: The last one would be the only I would use.
    Last edited by Feali; 2013-08-06 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Glyph of Repulsing Fists - Your Fists of Fury attack, rather than stunning the target(s) it strikes, will instead knock them back X yards.

Glyph of Stumbling - The snare of your Disable attack will no longer refresh when near to an enemy, but the root will always be applied on each use.

Glyph of the Roundhouse Kick - Your Blackout Kick will no longer deal extra damage or grant healing, depending on your position; but will instead grant you the ability to knock-back and stun your target once every X seconds.

Glyph of the Unrelenting Tiger - The buff granted by your Tiger Palm attack will refresh upon killing an enemy that grants experience or honour.
    Last edited by mmoceb8e797b32; 2013-08-06 at 05:37 PM.

glyph of touching balls -makes healing speheres targeting an injured player and moving towards him

Quote Originally Posted by anfis View Post
    glyph of touching balls -makes healing speheres targeting an injured player and moving towards him
    I don't think blizz would name a glyph like this lol

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anfis View Post
    Not a mistweaver, but +1 for the name of that lol

I want an minor glyph to give Mistweavers a Red Crane aesthetic. Change the colour of our mists, maybe give us a new statue model.

There's already glyphs in place that make RSK and CJL white, so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Talyria View Post
    Seriously though: Glyph of Avert Harm - Aver Harm will no longer re-directed to the Monk but now causes damage taken by party and raid members to be reduced by 15%.
    please no then it's just another smoke cloud

Quote Originally Posted by LukeMortora View Post
    (major) Glyph of Fluid Strikes: Allows you to move at 80% of normal speed while channeling fists of fury, but removes the stun effect.

I would love to be competitive on Primordius HC, as well as any other fight where i start channeling my most important ability and:

a) the tank moves the boss out of range
    b) the boss drops an AE ability under me
    c) some other crap that forces me to cancel channeling
    i think blizzard's reasoning behind making FoF a channel was to make it so that although it's a dps increase you can't fit it into your rotation 24/7, if you remove the hardest part of FoF (being aware of incoming AoE damage, having to move boss, etc) then that just makes it good 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Looks like nobody agrees on the appearance issue I stated for windwalker monks?
    Cus everyone is throwing out glyph idea's this was intentionally a serious request to actually get something so windwalker monks can change their looks during Storm earth fire. It has nothing to do with all the major game-chaning glyphs everyone is coming up with, because it has nothing to do with buffing/nerfing monks.
    I'm only talking about the looks. Does nobody agree on that here or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sephalo View Post
    Looks like nobody agrees on the appearance issue I stated for windwalker monks?
    Cus everyone is throwing out glyph idea's this was intentionally a serious request to actually get something so windwalker monks can change their looks during Storm earth fire. It has nothing to do with all the major game-chaning glyphs everyone is coming up with, because it has nothing to do with buffing/nerfing monks.
    I'm only talking about the looks. Does nobody agree on that here or something?
    I was pretty serious about MW getting a Red Crane aesthetic glyph

Throughout the entire expansion, its been pretty clear that Jade Serpent = DPS, Red Crane = Healing, putting it bluntly. Why they would design our entire healing spec around the figure that's been associated with caster dps, when they've made it pretty clear that Chi Ji is the celestial that represents hope and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    glyph of why on earth isnt this in the game already - removes the dispel from revival
    Revival doesn't dispel anything "potent" (to the user or raid) in SoO. It only dispels stuff which is beneficial (like the magic DoT on Thok the Bloodthirsty).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Revival doesn't dispel anything "potent" (to the user or raid) in SoO. It only dispels stuff which is beneficial (like the magic DoT on Thok the Bloodthirsty).
    it did in tot progression and does in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    it did in tot progression and does in pvp
    In PvP it sucks, and I think it should make the caster "immune" to backlash effects for 1 second or something, and it sucked in ToT during progression but that's in the past at least. Revival isn't even worth the global though in 10 man to be honest. It overheals too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofboyscout View Post
    I was pretty serious about MW getting a Red Crane aesthetic glyph

Throughout the entire expansion, its been pretty clear that Jade Serpent = DPS, Red Crane = Healing, putting it bluntly. Why they would design our entire healing spec around the figure that's been associated with caster dps, when they've made it pretty clear that Chi Ji is the celestial that represents hope and whatnot
    jade serpent = wisdom, red crane = hope. both sound healer-ish

I'd say that they made the jade serpent spell dps for practical purposes in order to keep them balanced. the jade serpent got a whole healer spec for a playable class, so the red crane took the rest of the healing stuff.