Thread: Swd ?? 80%

Swd ?? 80%

Shadow Word: Death damage is now increased by 80% when used on enemies that have less than 20% health, but the cooldown is no longer reset if the target does not die.

Sounds like quite decent numbers, but losing another moving helping effect on high hp targets, dont really understand "no longer reset if the target dosent die?"

So if the target dies by its first SWD, then its reset, but what is it to use, if you dont have another target thats below 20%? Its only good if its alot of target below 20%, could happen thougt, but its usually on mass adds fights?

Sounds like a Havoc + shadowburn thingie, but with only 1 charge!
    Last edited by Lupercus; 2013-08-03 at 04:49 PM.

I understand it as just getting rid of the "double-tap" mechanic of it. So SW: Death can only ever be used once per 8s, instead of twice if it didn't kill them. Since it can't be used multiple times anymore they increased the damage.
    Last edited by Caladia; 2013-08-03 at 05:00 PM.

i hope they fix latency for activation

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I understand it as just getting rid of the "double-tab" mechanic of it. So SW: Death can only ever be used once per 8s, instead of twice if it didn't kill them. Since it can't be used multiple times anymore they increased the damage.
    Which is a good thing. Especially since it became a viable tactic to just tap once, then wait 8s to use it again because using it when it didn't generate an orb was a DPS loss in moderate to high levels of gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Glad that I don't have to spend another GCD to get my fucking Shadow Orb Generating SW cooldown to start. It's a nerf to execute damage, but hopefully the extra GCD will make up for the 20% loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luneward
    Which is a good thing. Especially since it became a viable tactic to just tap once, then wait 8s to use it again because using it when it didn't generate an orb was a DPS loss in moderate to high levels of gear.
    Actually the cooldown on the shadow orb generating SW: D is only 6s, so you can cast a 2nd one 6s after the first one to generate another shadow orb.

for 5.4 ICD 7.5s

Deleted
    nerfs movement during execute, meh

Amazing change. Thank fuck for that

Overall the changes to SWD are a nerf to our execute range DPS by reducing the number of orbs we generate. That's not really a good thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    Overall the changes to SWD are a nerf to our execute range DPS by reducing the number of orbs we generate. That's not really a good thing.
    Dude, what are you talking about? You get some seconds extra on the cooldown, but overal it's a QoL change. I dont think you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Dude, what are you talking about? You get some seconds extra on the cooldown, but overal it's a QoL change. I dont think you get it.
    I'm not being rude but you're the one not understanding it's a nerf.
    Quality of life change, sure, and I like that part of the change. Still a nerf compared to live though.

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    I'm not being rude but you're the one not understanding it's a nerf.
    Quality of life change, sure, and I like that part of the change. Still a nerf compared to live though.
    How is it a nerf? If you were using it correctly for orb generation it's like clear buff. If you were popping the 2nd SW you weren't generating an orb, and thus not maximizing your DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos95 View Post
    How is it a nerf? If you were using it correctly for orb generation it's like clear buff. If you were popping the 2nd SW:D you weren't generating an orb, and thus not maximizing your DPS.
    Live. SW:D 6 second orb when not double tapping.
    5.4. SW:D 8 second cd, double tap gone (and so is icd of orb generation, technically).

We gained 80% DPET for SW:D but in turn we are now generating orbs slower. Seems everyone forgot this somehow.
    QoL buff, yes. DPS buff? You do the math.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    Live. SW 6 second orb when not double tapping.
    5.4. SW 8 second cd, double tap gone (and so is icd of orb generation, technically).

We gained 80% DPET for SW but in turn we are now generating orbs slower. Seems everyone forgot this somehow.
    QoL buff, yes. DPS buff? You do the math.
    You are generating orbs.. ~12% slower, less with DI. SW deals 80% more damage. With a Shadow Wordeath->Mind Blast->SW orb generation, you will generate a DP about 4 seconds slower then before- however, you deal the damage equivalent to about 3 and a half SWD within a shorter time.

DPS increase. If it was still a 6 second cooldown, it would be a huge execute dps increase. But still a decent buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You are generating orbs.. ~12% slower, less with DI. SW:D deals 80% more damage. With a Shadow Word:Death->Mind Blast->SW:D orb generation, you will generate a DP about 4 seconds slower then before- however, you deal the damage equivalent to about 3 and a half SWD within a shorter time.

DPS increase. If it was still a 6 second cooldown, it would be a huge execute dps increase. But still a decent buff.
    DI has nothing to do with this. I'm not arguing that SW:D damage itself has been buffed compared to it's live version, I'm saying that you're jumping the "omg a buff" train without considering other factors with this change.
    I'm honestly too lazy to do the math of the loss in DPS from less DP/SW:I uptime, but until I'm proven wrong I'll call it a nerf.
    I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying I haven't seen the math yet (and I don't think you have either).