Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um, I might be clueless, but how would this really change things?
    It just gave them equality, for example: If you have a couple, lets say she's italian, and you're from US, she could get a VISA if the 2 of you get married, now the same will happen with gay couple

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    It just gave them equality, for example: If you have a couple, lets say she's italian, and you're from US, she could get a VISA if the 2 of you get married, now the same will happen with gay couple
    Ah okay, thanks. I do not travel>.>
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    In other news:
    US embassies been closed all over the middle east due to AQ but somehow gay people getting VISA's is the #1 State Department news at MMO-C.

But clearly gays getting Visa's is more shocking to some people..
    In other news:
    People aren't allowed to care about one thing because there are other issues going on in the world...

Wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    In other news:
    People aren't allowed to care about one thing because there are other issues going on in the world...

Wait.
    Not my point, just thought my observation was amusing cos it is already the norm in the western world unlike closing down embassies.
    Anyway as I said before, it is over due but damn good news.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    great more people we are gonna have to support. We gotta stop letting people move here to preserve our resources
    To be fair, if you are sponsoring someone for immigration (which is the type of visa issued for a spouse) you have to sign an affidavit of support that says the person will not be applying for any form of government benefits for a set number of years. Or at least that was the case a few years ago when a friend of mine got her husband down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    Gotta make them Democrats looks good man...
    Don't you worry, the Republicans and tea partiers do a great job of that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news:
    US embassies been closed all over the middle east due to AQ but somehow gay people getting VISA's is the #1 State Department news at MMO-C.

They issued a warning yesterday morning to all Americans traveling by mass transportation. The warning is in effect until the end of August.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Um, I might be clueless, but how would this really change things?
    Normally, the legally married husband of wife of a person already residing in the USA gets special regard when they attempt to immigrate. Because homosexual marriages were not recognized by the Federal government, the spouse of a homosexual man or woman was regarded as essentially an entirely seperate person with no special ties to the USA, thus giving them no preferential treatment when attempting to immigrate.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smendou View Post
    To be fair, if you are sponsoring someone for immigration (which is the type of visa issued for a spouse) you have to sign an affidavit of support that says the person will not be applying for any form of government benefits for a set number of years. Or at least that was the case a few years ago when a friend of mine got her husband down here.
    That is true if said person comes from a Class A country. That is how it was with my Dad and his Wife she came from the UK and the US government see's the UK as a Class A country.

She came over here about 4 years ago or so.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Don't you worry, the Republicans and tea partiers do a great job of that already.
    so much this. as if Dems have to do ANYTHING to make themselves look good compared to a Repug these days. About damn time on the visas glad we're moving forward even with all these people trying to hold us back. still have a long way to go but hell which country doesnt? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdasher View Post
    Indeed.

Obama alone? A mediocre president.

Obama next to a group of Republicans? An amazingly awesome, would-vote-for-again President.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd wager he could have dragged feet and been a pain in the ass if he'd had any desire to do so. I don't like the man, but credit where it's due.
    it's worth it just for the zealot rage. did we really need another reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infected clicker View Post
    and lo god commanded that the gays would never receive visas!
    so it shall be i dub them

knights!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nakura Chambers View Post
    Which is why most of Europe doesn't recognize gay marriage, right?
    What? You think Europe doesn't have social conservatives?

In other news:

I had to reread that sentence because I thought it said Ahn'Qiraj. Look what WoW has done to me!

Quote Originally Posted by smendou View Post
    What? You expected him to understand our immigration system?

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 US is flooded with gay refugees from Russia.

Not that I would be at all opposed to that, though. I'm in favor of anything that creates more Americans at the expense of another country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackdemenzes View Post
    I had to reread that sentence because I thought it said Ahn'Qiraj. Look what WoW has done to me!
    Well, Silithus = Sand, Afghanistan = Sand. Al-Qaeda = Ahn'Qiraj . . . OMG I KNOW WHERE THE GATES ARE! They're in Tora Bora!

your heart will explode
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    great more people we are gonna have to support. We gotta stop letting people move here to preserve our resources
    preserve our resources? that's hippie liberal environmentalist talk. now go cut down those trees and set up some toxic waste dumps so you can make jawbs.

John Barrowman actually mentioned this at his panel at SDCC. His now husband (then boyfriend/civil partner) would have to return to scotland every 3 or 6? months to get a stamp on his passport because he was here on a visitor visa not a partner visa even though Barrowman is a citizen.