Thread: Master Yi Nerf

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    If it's a stun/snare or something of the sort, he will get stunned/snared after I believe. This applies to abilities like his Q on other champions. Like Ezreal E'ing away and getting stunned/snared after.

Though I'm not sure if you stay cc'ed the whole time or if getting cc'ed during your QQ will reduce the cc's time on you or not.

But I'm actually not sure of Yi's Q lol :/
    Pretty sure you ignore everything, like when Zed pops his ulti for example or Fizz on his pole.

Deleted
    I just don't get how a scaling true damage ability with AD, on someone who wants as much AD as possible, with a base of 30 max rank AND +20% of your AD on top was a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Played against him once in ARAM and it wasn't much different. Still the insane damage + triple/quad kills with Alpha Strike. I don't know what they attempted to achieve with the rework but I can't really see a difference
    Armor is easier to obtain than Magic Resist, so at LEAST there's that.

Nothing you can do to block True Damage though.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    like every melee adc, he is shutdown by having a combination of at least two stuns/knockups/suppresses/taunt

so play a top with a stun/knockup (malphite/shen/zac/udyr are good)

have a mid with a stun/knockup/suppress (malz/ryze/liss) or someone who can blow him up and juke him out (aka leblanc)

randuins is pretty good against yi (kinda like everyother melee adc), treat him like you would a trynd without his ult
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Pretty sure you ignore everything, like when Zed pops his ulti for example or Fizz on his pole.
    Oh, well, if it's a skill shot, yeah, it's ignored, but if you were previously cc'ed, you will still be after your Q finishes.

Edit: Actually, I have no idea if his Q has a cast time, meaning if there's any time to cc him before he Qs so he would come out of it cc'ed, so yeah, no idea.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-08-09 at 09:47 AM.

Deleted
    AP yi used to bitch slap us with his Q, but now that his Q can crit, its like AP yi all over again. But with AD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to tell people when he was PBE but people said "Oh its still the same old Yi". Yi went full beast mode and can't be contained by the average player. That and he is ridiculously easy to play. I TRIED TO TOLD EM!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I try to tell people when he was PBE but people said "Oh its still the same old Yi". Yi went full beast mode and can't be contained by the average player. That and he is ridiculously easy to play. I TRIED TO TOLD EM!
    I think him being so easy to play is a factor. Every scrub following a half decent item build can go for the quadras and pentas by just pressing E and Q :P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Oh, well, if it's a skill shot, yeah, it's ignored, but if you were previously cc'ed, you will still be after your Q finishes.

Edit: Actually, I have no idea if his Q has a cast time, meaning if there's any time to cc him before he Qs so he would come out of it cc'ed, so yeah, no idea.
    It doesn't have a cast time. Of course if you're slowed, then Q, you're still slowed afterwards (depending on the time you're slowed of course). If you're stunned, suppressed or whatever, you can't Q to start with obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is well known that this champion is OP and you can figure out easily by seeing it in EVERY match you play! This is so boring, also because it doesn't give a "fair" play to other champions.

Deleted
    I'm sure they will do some changes but not nerf
    riot haven't said anything about nerfing him flat out, they will do changes to his play

Master yi is incredible strong in low elo / against bad players since they have no idea how to counter or play against him
    while in high elo Master Yi is super crap, and gets slapped around

riot have also stated this and will try to tone him in some way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    I'm sure they will do some changes but not nerf
    riot haven't said anything about nerfing him flat out, they will do changes to his play

Master yi is incredible strong in low elo / against bad players since they have no idea how to counter or play against him
    while in high elo Master Yi is super crap, and gets slapped around

riot have also stated this and will try to tone him in some way
    Actually for the majority of players it will be a nerf since, in theory, he won't be able to pubstomp as easily. Toning him down and changing up some mechanics to make him less powerful is a nerf, though not a straight numbers one. I would be surprised if the 1.0 AD mod in Q remained though, because with the potential to crit as well it's ridiculous damage.

Er you think that Yi is bad at high ELO? Is that why he is banned most games? Yi stomps at all ELOs currently. He will be getting a straight nerf.

Deleted
    I don't know if they will nerf him hard though. The biggest problem with Yi is that you can't do anything against him except hard CCing him. They need to take a look at his slow immune not making him immune for AS slows 'cause I believe that is the biggest problem. Exhaust, Withers, Randuin, ... not working on him is an unbalanced bug. If he is still OP by then, they should nerf his Q.

Honestly I have no idea what Riot was thinking with that rework. Even fighting warriors 1v1 during WOTLK with stacking ARP, Deathbringers Will and Shadowmourne as a warlock was more balanced than this.

Deleted
    l2p against him instead of complaining at riots try to fix it

Rammus with thornmail taunting Yi and watch him kill himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcooo View Post

This has to be one of the more enlightening, informative, constructive and well written posts I have seen in a long while.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2013-08-12 at 08:20 PM. Reason: //edit: People need to stop posting right before I respond to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcooo View Post
    you use stun
    master yi uses Q
    you die

how to play against

We've got a Yi trapped 3v1 in the jungle.
    Alpha Strike
    TRIPLE KILL

10+ Year Old Account
    Two days ago i had a Yi in ARAM that scored 3, yes people, THREE pentakills and then another Yi in Summoners Rift that got one penta, two quads and 3 tripple kills in a 23 minute game.

Now i am no Master Yi expert, pro LoL player or even a ranked player, but i have seen and played enough of Yi to know that he is BROKEN atm.

Yi is a NO SKILL champion atm because all you do is charge in, Alpha Strike and run off giving the bird to all around. No i am sorry, he really is broken and if you let him get even the slightest item advantage you can kiss your arse goodbye.