Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    id like to see -

separate raid lockouts gone. maybe separate 10 and 25 man loot table again.
    God NO! I always found it really horrible that 10s and 25s had separate gear, so you absolutely HAD to do both. I think flex raiding is a good solution. "Forcing" people into 25s is not answer, even if it happens to be somebodies personal preference. I prefer 10 mans and I'm happy knowing I can fully ignore 25 man raiding. (I also like not having to stress about 2 modes worth of achievements when I go back to old content for fun runs)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Although all the ideas exposed here are necessary, I will be more frivolous and I will talk about the new races:

• If the next expansion is centered on Queen Azshara and the South Seas ->

Neutral Race: Nagas

• If the next expansion focuses on the return to Outland ->

Race for the Horde: Ogres
    Race for the Alliance: High Elves

PS: I know I'm very repetitive, but someone had to say it ...

10+ Year Old Account
    If this list actually happened (as well as a few other things) I might come back.

I quit for various reasons, one of them being all my friends quit, but my #2 reason (a close #2) was that my realm was pretty much dead. We had one good guild (Pie Chart), and then they transferred off, along with pretty much all of the other decent/old guilds breaking up or transferring. Lack of arena partners, bad economy, no world pvp. The last few months I played nobody ever killed me in world pvp. The only people who tried to attack me were people I had already killed several times while doing dailies and they were all terrible pve heroes who died without much of a fight. That's when I was even able to find anyone, even IoT was pretty dead most of the time I went and did dailies. The sad part? There's servers that were/are in MUCH worse shape and have been for much longer, it makes the game nearly unplayable. I've been on that server since BC so it's hard to leave, especially since that's where all of my high level characters are and I can't afford to transfer them, nor do I want to reroll/relevel, so my alternative was just to quit.

It seems silly that they pushed people like me away from the game but it seems to have become pretty common. Not only was I bored because my server was dead but I didn't feel like logging on to do 50 dailies every day to grind reps, or sit in 30 minute raid finder ques to do a raid I really didn't enjoy. Leveling was easy but just felt boring considering how many times I've done it. I suppose a lot of this comes with the age of the game.

Anyway, I suppose the biggest ones on this list for me would be the merging of dead realms and the reduction of button bloat. The other ones would be nice but aren't as necessary to the game itself. It's sad blizzard will probably never do 90% of the things on this list, or at least in a meaningful (or quick) manner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why the hell add a fourth spec? That would add insane balancing issues. Instead they should do something with the classes having 3 dps specs. Its ridiculous when most people just go for the spec with the highest dps anyhow. Make all classes have the option to go into different roles imo. Also, they should remove the need to do daily quests to stay competitive in loot farming. Simply because it's boring.
    Shadowpriest & Warlock

Deleted
    Yes reduce button bloat , on my shaman i have to pop like...3 or 4 cds to achiev my burst..really wth?:P

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    In order to make the game better, here's how I would do the next expansion:

1) Merge dead realms (already happening, sort of, so this is taken care of). This was the most important bit. Can't really play the game solo you know.
    Agreed.

2) New character models. This absolutely needs to happen and I certainly hope the models will be done when the next expansion hits the shelves.
    Agreed.

3) Dynamic questing. What I mean by this is that Wow needs to utilize phasing and it's shared tagging a bit more. Currently the problem with leveling is that you outgrow your leveling zones too fast. The way to fix this would be that there shouldn't be anymore level requirements for zones. Instead the mobs & quest rewards in the zone should keep scaling with your level (as in all mobs are yellow always). This way you would stay in one zone till the end as every zone basically has it's own story and phasing these days. You would only be able to see (unless you group up) players that are within two levels of you. This way you can level one character in zones a, b and c, but you still have the motivation to level an alt through other zones. In order to reach mach level you would of course have to level through the new expansion zones, so this would only apply to old zones.
    Meh, I'm not really a huge fan of dynamic questing. Wasn't in WAR, wasn't in RIFT. Also, staying in one zone 'til the end is retarded, and making the game as strictly limited as you're suggesting with phasing is also retarded. The whole poitn of CRZ was to make the world seem more filled with people, restricting people form seeing anyone unless within 2 levels of each other would make the game empty for everyone. 95s not seeing 90s ever? Dumb. 90s never seeing anyone above 93, also dumb.

4) More exclusive content and less faction bloat. In mop there was just too many factions to gain rep with. Of course gating the only valor gear behind rep was bad and shouldn't be done anymore. In order to reduce faction bloat, they should do more scryer & aldor type of solutions. You have to pick one faction to root for which makes you hostile with the others. This should effect your whole leveling experience and other stuff for the duration of the expansion. This would of course also encourage you to level alts to see what the other side is like.
    In MoP, there were plenty of factions, but definitely not too many. I like factions, I like the Exalted mount rewards gated behind them, I like being able to choose who I want to get rep with based on who has the coolest mounts/tabards.

I definitely agree that Valor gating was a mistake (even though that gear wasn't really needed in anyway to get into the swing of things, I understand the negative impact it had on the community).

Of course, #4 is "more exclusive content and less faction bloat" but you don't mention any exclusive content, so I can't really comment on what you had in mind.

That being said, the problem with "exclusive content" is that everyone wants it, and everyone wants no one else to have it.

5) Reputations should be an alternative way to gear up instead of mandatory. Mop did good in adding more gear options for solo players, but those valor rewards shouldn't be the only ones. Instead they should be ALTERNATIVE way to gearing so they don't feel mandatory. In addition there should be more ways to gain reputation instead of just dailies. Bring back dungeon tabards and add possible events that you participate in in order to gain reputation. Just add a weekly cap for reputation gains in to increase the amount of time it takes to reach exalted.
    A. Reputations were never mandatory to gear up. I've geared every character through LFR every patch since MoP launch and have NEVER purchased a piece of Valor gear until SPA (when the Valor Gear was actually worth something).

B. First of all, they did increase more than one way to gain reputation other than dailies. Second of all, I hated Faction Tabards in Wrath and Cata, but loved the way it was done BC. IMO, give each dungeon a reputation AS WELL as dailies and let people chain run specific dungeons if they want (most people won't anyway because of the bonus rewards for doing it randomly).

I'd do it by having each dungeon give its own rep. (Shado-pan rep is gained for doing Shado-pan Monsestary, August Celestials for doing Siege of Niuzao Temple, etc.) Now, if you choose to champion with a specific reputation, you'll get 600 in that rep and no other rep in the dungeon. If you choose NOT to champion with a specific reputation, you'll get at least 800 rep with the faction of your choosing in the dungeon (for killing the trash and bosses).

6) Reputations should be account wide. This would help altoholics so you don't need to go through all that hazzle again once you've already done it. The mutually exclusive reputations wouldn't be affected by this however.
    I 100% agree.

7) Bring back dungeons! Gearing your alts through dungeons is a much less painful way than through doing dailies in order to get coins for LFR. The cataclysm purpose for LFR worked much better than the Mop way. Scenarios are just really awful.
    Scenarios are awesome, your subjective opinion is subjective; and while I would like to see more dungeons, I understand how much time they can take to make (and how hard that could be when they're cranking out 12 - 14 boss raids every even numbered patch). What sucks is Blizz can't do like "Battlefield: Barrens" dungeon that uses Barrens as the setting, because then fucking moron QQers will complain about how it's just a rehash of existing zones.

I wouldn't mind dungeons being implemented on odd numbered patches, and just make the gear worse than current tier LFR and last tier's normal, but better than last tier's LFR.

For example, if 5.3 had some dungeons, I wouldn't mind if they dropped 489 gear (worse than ToT LFR's 502 AND worse than Normal Terrace's 496 gear, but still better than Terrace's LFR 483).

8) Change LFR into 10 man mode. The difficulty or relative gear strenght you gain from it doesn't need to change. What this would accomplish is that it reduces to chances of people afking and leeching. Your personal donation for the raid is better felt in a small group. I also think this would shorten the queue times for LFR quite a bit when you don't need to wait for so many healers.
    It doesn't reduce the chance of people AFKing, it makes it harder to continue IF people are AFKing. It also makes the entire zone harder because 10 morons will take longer to bash their heads against a fight than 25 morons. (Put a bunch of monkeys in a room and eventually you'll get Shakespeare, halve the amount of monkeys and it'll take twice as long.)

100% disagree with this.

9) Remove PVP gear. Blizzard has tried to make the walls smaller between pve and pvp, but it just isn't happening. The amount of effort it takes to gear up in pvp is just too much if you want to do pve as well. Instead you should just automatically get pvp gear when you enter a BG or Arenas. That way everyone has the same gear strenght and you don't just get steamrolled or steamroll others with gear. This would in my opinion make the ladders more competitive. Cosmetic rewards & vanity stuff & transmogging gear could be earned through arenas and battlegrounds. Maybe some gold and reputations as well.
    10,000% disagree. PvP gear now is actually the best it's been, and I really like how things have come along since MoP's launch. I don't need Gw2 baby bullshit, getting gear is one of the reasons I PvP.

I pushed 1600 on my shaman in full pve gear while conquest catching up. Is that amazing? No, but it definitely proves that I'm not just getting "steamrolled" while I gear out.

Cosmetic rewards and vanity stuff should still be purchasable with conquest, but not at the expense of removing PvP gear (or just handing it out).

10) 4th specs for all classes. This would be the "big" thing for next expansion. I don't want new classes or races. Most already have enough alts. Instead they should enhance the gaming experience for those. Examples:

Hunter: A melee spec like survival originally was intended to be.
    Warlock: A tanking spec.
    Shaman: A tanking spec like enhancement sort of was originally.

Obviously this requires a lot of balancing, but we pay to play this game so we can expect it. Besides, fun has always been more important than balance. I mean, it's game, remember?
    While I'd like a 4th spec for every class, I don't think it's feasible, especially with how hard it is to balance an extra 3 specs into the mix with MoP.

I'll post what I'd like to see in my Top 10, and it's actually pretty similar to this.

11) Reduce button bloat! This needs to happen as some classes like warlocks & healing priests are a pain to play. This can be achieved through these means:

a) Simply remove some abilities
    b) Merge some abilities
    c) Make more abilities spec exclusive.
    d) Replace some old spells with new ones.
    Definitely needs to happen.

12) Make classes feel different again. I realize that "bring the player not the class" was the goal, but it just make the game feel dull when every class feels the same. Everyone can do everything. It just isn't right. A boomking doesn't need mad CC and dk's dont need all the same debuffs as some other class. Game was more fun when your class was actually really needed for something.
    The game was only fun when your class was actually really needed for something when your class was actually really needed for something. When your class WASN'T needed for something, then you weren't having fun.

Disagree with this one.

I only have 2 things I'd like to see in the next expansion. (Anything else that Blizz might be implemented is awesome, I absolutely wouldn't want the expansion to ONLY have these two things :P)

1. New Character Models.

2. PvP Specs for every class. The specs would be Medic, Demolisher, Companion, Artilery, Mercenary. Medic would be the Healer spec, Demonlisher would be the 2h dps spec, Companion would be the pet dps spec, Artilery would be the ranged dps spec, and Mercenary would be the dw dps spec.

Each class gets X amount of specs equal to the amount of roles/playstyles they can perform/have.

Paladins would get 2, Medic and Demolisher.
    Mages, Hunters and Warlocks would get 2, Companion and Artilery.
    Rogues would get 1, Mercenary
    Warriors and DKs would get 2, Mercenary and Demolisher
    Shamans would get 3, Medic, Mercenary, Artilery
    Druids would get 3, Medic, Artilery, Demolisher
    Etc.

Each spec would be exactly the same in function, but each class' spells and abilities would look differently based on their spec. (So a mage would cast Firebolt, it would do the same as a lock casting Incinerate, shaman casting Lightning Bolt, Moonkin casting Wrath. Polymorph would be the exact same type of CC as Fear, Cyclone, Hex, etc [and by exact same type, I mean, they would share DR, they would all be dispellable, etc.)

These specs would work in the open world (so PvPers can quest, farm, do dailes, w/e) in their PvP specs, but entering a Scenario, Dungeon, or Raid would decrease anyone's dps and healing while in these specs by 90%.

Similarly, our current PvE specs work in the open world and while doing dungeons, raids, w/e, but incur a 90% dps, healing, and health (for tank spec) debuffs while in BGs or Arenas.

NOW, this doesn't mean PvErs can't get into PvP, they can still use their PvE gear, they just have to pick up a PvP specialization first. (Same with PvPers who want to jump into PvE, they can use their PvP gear, they just need a regular spec.

These specs would be unlocked at level 10 and now Blizzard only has 5 specs to balance around PvP instead of 34. Would it take a bit of work to learn your specs? Absolutely, but so does learning an entirely different class because the class you chose to level to cap isn't PvP viable.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Dynamic events + the usual quests seems like the smartest option. Retain the WoW feeling but add a little flavour.

I mostly agree. Very good suggestions; therefore, not happening.

The dynamic questing sounds really nice. It would certainly get people out into the world more.
    Nowadays the only way people level is through dungeons, and it's really bumming me out because they put so much work into revamping the zones in cataclysm.