Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vanity and out of combat stuff for warrior

Can somebody tell me why they introduce a glyph like weaponmaster to us and than a few days later remove the most fun part out of it? (The removal of changing it to legendarys)

All in all i believe the warrior class got it absoluty terrible on visual department and the out of combat utalitys and vanity stuff.
    It is true its not really that necessary but its just so frustrating to see that paladins have class mounts plus that thier abilities look more incredible when each expansion goes by , while the warrior class remains with the same dull animations.

I am not asking to look shiny perse but shiny in our own way so we remain to be warriors but let it be more visually awesome , an example would be the D3 barbarian.. why cant blizzard bring such awesome animations over to the warrior class when paladins,dks,rogues etc etc do get these Visuals out of nowhere.

It just feels that the warrior class stagnates in the game visual wise (and mechanic wise to some degree but thats another topic) while all the other classes just improve and look cooler as the time goes by.

We dont have things such as portals
    we dont have things such as class mounts
    we dont have awesomesauce animations

yet some classes have atleast 2 of these things , so i question why cant we have such things? again im not asking to look like a sissy bubbleboy for the die hard warriors out there that are most likely gonna say to roll another class if i would like shiny , im asking to look bad ass ... brutal... devastating with attacks.

sorry for my bad english.

EDIT:If you could design animations what kind of animations would YOU add to x ability! I would for an example make so that when you do bladestorm a tornado would spawn right on the warrior with razor sharp weapons swirling around in it while the warrior spins, THAT would live up to the description of unstoppeble force of destruction.
    Last edited by mmoc429ae08c58; 2013-08-08 at 12:53 PM.

Warriors are not built to be flashy, we are plate machines of death.
    we use our weapons effectively, we don't need flashy spells to destroy our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauken View Post
    we use our weapons effectively, we don't need flashy spells to destroy our enemies.
    I understand the OP's point. I'm all into the dull armor and weapons thing. Hey my long time AND favorite transmog is the Hateful Gladiator gun metal set, but still the ability to pull out a Thunderfury, Warglaives or Shadowmourn would be cool, and wouldn't take away from the down to Earthyness of Warriors, but would still add some extra feels and uniqueness to it.

Deleted
    But why cant we have Visuals that match your describing? i mean yes we are plate wearing machines of death but WHY cant we have it shown in game trough Visuals?
    Dont get me wrong i understand what you mean , but the old argument that we should remain bland and dull is rediculous ... the game evovles why should we stagnate with the same animations that the game started with in the beginning when all other classes get cooler by the expansion?

Agreed;

We have very little that makes us stand out visually.
    Burning Anger glyph is almost unnoticeable - Gushing wound could actually gush - Crow Feast I barely ever notice - Mystic Shout is stupid.
    The only current glyph we have that even stands out as "cool" is Blazing Trail - It actually pops and stands out.

Sadly; We are a "bland" class - We are just supposed to be the guys who beat down on enemies without anything flashy. It's hard to think of things for us.
    I mean - I'd like a glyph that causes our enemies to literally explode if we get a killing blow with execute but at 10am with absolutely no sleep after an all nighter...

Yeah. I'm creative.

We don't have to be bland though I mean there's lots of ties in warrior spells to wc3 and Diablo spells, they should really have gone more down the line of a thunder god with our spells they could have added much more interesting spell effects using lightning as a base. Basic elements like fire earth and lightning all fit in with our class and they could really add some again spell effects and vanity ideas based on this

Well, i must agree that, if it is true that they remove the posibility to have legendaries, that would suck. however, Its something.....
    "queue Its something picture".

That change disappoints me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

The idea of being low-magic, Gear-Driven Masters of Arms allows for a lot of potential in Vanity type stuff like this. While they removed the legendary function of that glyph, it is still AWESOME in my eyes. We're supposed to be walking around with like 5 weapons on our backs remember.

Maybe they could glyph in just that. Allow us to equip 2 two handers, 2 one handers on our belt, and a shield, all from within bags when we're out of combat. If you've ever equipped a 2hander with a shield out of combat you'll know this looks bad ass!

Another thing that they can't really convey is the whole "grit" feel that is supposed to come with warriors. We should be Scarred, Beaten, and our gear should look like it's been used to kill dragons when we got our weapons stuck in their face. Maybe they could show blood seeping out of some of the plates of metal when we're lower on health, or a pool of blood start to form under us while we're tanking.

Another fkn awesome thing I thought would fit the class was that we could get bigger when we enraged.

Or a glyph where when we Heroic Throw, the weapon actually sticks in the bosses face.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Rogues have flashy stuff? Only flashy stuff I can think of is glyph of disguise wich is useless since it breaks soon as you hit something. Atleast warriors got the fire charge and and scarring birds. That said I would really like it if they added more combat type flash to warrior/rogues. Maybe even paladins. I don't find ret to be exceptionally flashy except when buffing and healing. Maybe have random chance at splash of blood when warrior crits with specials. Maybe have they weapons leave a trail when using certain key moves. With rogues I'm at a lost. We are not suppose to be flashy but the class looks boring to watch. Admittedly I'm not looking at my toon when I'm playing but when you see other rogues fighting a raid boss, it's just 6 to 10 min poke, poke, poke, slightly longer windup poke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

we are plate machines of death.
    /smirk

I don't think allowing warriors to have weapons look like legendarys is asking too much...we are essentially weapon masters.

A third weapon (none usable) would be a nice visual i.e. if you play smf you could have a 2H just sat on your back or if you play TG a one hander sheathed to your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Agreed;

We have very little that makes us stand out visually.
    Burning Anger glyph is almost unnoticeable - Gushing wound could actually gush - Crow Feast I barely ever notice - Mystic Shout is stupid.
    The only current glyph we have that even stands out as "cool" is Blazing Trail - It actually pops and stands out.
    The one that causes lightning bolts to blast the ground when you Thunderclap stands out pretty well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Can somebody tell me why they introduce a glyph like weaponmaster to us and than a few days later remove the most fun part out of it? (The removal of changing it to legendarys)
    Because the rule is No Transmogging Legendaries.

You may not like the rule, but it makes perfect sense to remove the ability to mog into things that aren't allowed to be mogged.

Some little enhancements would be welcome - like deep wounds actually leaving trails of small "blood splats" on the ground for a sec every time it ticks, so you can see it has a wounding non-magic debuff on it.
    Also slam should be a real slam. With the AoE component next patch when sweepers are enabled, why can't it be an attack to the ground with small crushing/smoke effect what leaves small texture on the ground for a sec, just like heroic leap does.

Colossus smash could also include some sort of small shatter animation on the target to give out some visual info in addition to the "car hitting" sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    Yeah. I'm creative.
    "If enemy target grants experience or honorable kill you will grab his corpse by the ancle and drag him around for 15seconds"

maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give us more fighting animation, or do something with stances like you fight differnt while in battle/berserker stance. Also cutting limbs of enemies while near dead could be nice as well .

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately alot of this stuff doesn't fit with PG 12+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    /smirk

I don't think allowing warriors to have weapons look like legendarys is asking too much...we are essentially weapon masters.

A third weapon (none usable) would be a nice visual i.e. if you play smf you could have a 2H just sat on your back or if you play TG a one hander sheathed to your side.
    Exactly (and a third weapon is a really good idea).
    On the bright side, the glyph in my opinion is still ok because it's fun to see what kind of weapon you'll get by shouting
    But I totally agree with OP: when this glyph worked with legendaries, it's was so much of a win :'( ...I have to say that I was quite disappointed and frustrated when I saw that I couldn't make pop my thunderfury / warglaives with a shout ability anymore.

Well at least it did transmog two handed weapons into polearms the last time I used it so it still is a bit fun.
    The glyph doesn't work at all at least for my char currently.
    While at it - the new set looks flat out hilarious with those blinking lights.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-08-07 at 07:24 AM.

I dont care about weapons or whatever this new glyph is doing, all I F'ing want is my battle shout to make a huge circular soundwave identical to how barbarians in D2 does. THAT WOULD BE SO BADASS.