Hey, over the past months i have been working on a project, inspired by the Rift soundtrack i decided to have a crack at it. Also i made a short story to go along with the music. Now it's all complete i thought i would share it on MMO-C for you all to read and listen! I hope you enjoy it

PART I

"The legion are coming cleric, we have no time to spare". Ordagthin eyed the messenger with curiosity, the dwarf mage stood up, his nose was bulbus and red, his face pudgy, he had a long red tangled beard, with what looked like food stains in it. he stank of ale and stood no more than 4ft, maybe 4ft 4" with his long pointed brown hat. "how did you come by this news mage?". "I heard through an old dwarf at the inn, he said that Crucias forces are stronger then ever before, and that by noon this evening, they shall be gathering their forces, and will launch an attack on the Dendrome, They are looking for the key cleric, the key to the Infinity Gate!, and i fear they may be successful, Crucia herself hall be entering the battle".

The news that Crucia herself, would be entering the battle, drew gasps of horror from the crowd huddled around Ordagthin. Ordagthins voice was loud above the whispers of the crowd of Ascended now surrounding the mage and cleric, Ordagthin thought for a moment with a pause," We shall enter the dendrome before the storm Legion Arrive, we shall gather our forces and Fight! We must make sure that gate Stays closed closed". The crowd stood silent for a moment, then a young High elf With bright beutiful blue eyes, High cheek bones and long luscious yellow hair, split apart on either side of her head with high-pointed ears said, " Ordagthin is right! we must protect the people of the Dendrome! no more blood shall be spilled by crucia and her army!"

The onlookers agreed with nods and shouts of "yes" and "we must fight!".
Ordagthin Drew a large breath as the chain mail that protected her chest grew larger for a moment, with a loud booming voice she ordered.
"To the porticulums, We must protect the people of Dendrome! we must fight to keep Crucia away from that gate! we have 3 hours until Crucias forces penetrate the walls to the Dendrome! we must rally and build our forces."

Ordagthin turned to the mage, "We must alert the Defiants, they may not like us and might not agree with our ways, but on this one i believe we have the same interests, we must put our differences aside, the more forces we have the more likely we will succeed against Crucia and her forces!" The dwarf mage agreed, he took one last look at Ordagthin turned quickly on the spot and burst in to golden yellow, orange and purple flames, when the smoke and flames faded he had vanished in to thin air.

PART II

How did Oadagthin expect me to do this? to enter the Defiant stronghold and persuade them to join the fight against Crucia in the Dendrome?, i am but a simple dwarf mage, there is nothing special about me, what if they didn't agree with Ordagthins cause? i have a family and 2 children, my wife couldn't be forced to riase them all by herself. If i was killed surely she would understand that it was for a greater cause? to save countless lives. I had been the one to inform her about the upcoming battle, so it was my responsibility, my rightful place to be the one to inform the Defiants.

pausing at the entrance to the Defiant stronghold in Tempest Bay, looking up and admiring the craftsmanship for a second, maybe this was the last piece of artwork i would see? the entrance was an archway, decorated with silver and gold twigs and leaf patterns, meeting at the top of the archway, the patterns sprouted in to a large, bright golden oak tree. on either side of the arch stood two giant flag poles with the defiant emblem imprinted on large red fabric.

It was quiet, too quiet. The walls protecting the Dendrome where still intact, birds tweeted, the grass glistened with fresh dew, and the sun illuminated the green trees in full flowery bloom. the only noise that broke the quiet peacefulness of the place, was the whooshing noises coming from the porticulum close by, as fighters appeared in to this surreal scene. Ordagthin looked in to the faces of the Gaurdians she had managed to round up to fight, expressions ranged from terror to excitement.

Ordagthin looked at her gold plated pocket watch that had been passed through generations of her family, the dwarf had said noon, it was 15 minutes away, had his information been incorrect? should she have trusted a dwarf, of all people?. Whooosh! a particularly louder noise than usual came from the porticulum, Ordagthin instantly ripped the hammer from her back, turned on the spot to see, Defiants! no less then 5 of them, then, whoosh! another group of defiants came through. The crowd of guardians, reacted in the same way ordagthin had, weapons out pointing at the new arrivals.
"Lower your weapons, we are here to..." CRACK! Smoke ripped through the once clean air, Ordagthin and the crowd where blinded, the smoke was choking, nothing was visible, the darkness was impenetrable.

"Foolish ascended"

PART III

"Foolish Ascended, you think you can stop me? you think you can stop the God of air itself?" Through the chocking smoke Ordagthin saw her, standing right in front of her, Queen miela? no, there is something strange something wrong her skin is too pale, so pale in fact it emitted a pearly glow, she drew closer to Ordagthin ever closer, as she neared her body started to distort in to grotesque shapes, her head and neck twisted backwards and spun back in to place, her arms snapped in to positions that where not humanly possible, she reached out a hand as if to greet me, "Ready to die? ready to be killed at the hand's of your own queen? she was easy pickings, her mind that is. poor little girl begged me not too as well, i can still hear her you know, in the back of my head sometimes, i let her plead and beg and cry for my own enjoyment." Crucias voice started to waver in a tremble, as she mimicked Queen Miela mockingly "Please no please" Cool as it was to start her voice goes back to its usual hiss, "Well then, why have you not tried to kill me yet? or have you worked it out? I'm in your head"

Ordagthin grasped her hammer and cut through the air, a shot of golden light blasted out of the top of the as it plunged hard in to the earth, boom! strings of gold ripped through the darkness cascading in to streams of smaller light trikles almost like rain on a window pane, they melted together evaporating the darkness, the fighters stood together with Ordagthin in a opaque gold bubble, protecting them from crucias wrath.

The darkness had gone, but it was replaced with something much more terrible, we are outnumbered one hundred to one.
"It can't hold, the sphere will burst any time soon, prepare yourselves. prepare to fight".
BOOOOM the air is sucked up like a vacuum, Get them! Cackles of laughter pierced Ordagthins ear drums. hundreds of mindless minions charged towards our pathetic in comparison "army" Ogres and trolls threw themselves to the front of the masses heading over to us blood thirsty, Boom Boom Boom every footstep shook the earth we stood on.

"I can try to shield you but it can't last! do we have any other healers?" Ordagthins army stood in preparation facing the oncoming army stomping down the hill towards us.
"I'm a chloromancer! i can help heal the wounded you use your shields to protect us" the tall high elf from earlier shouted.

Walls of Scorching orange fire erupted from the ground as a protective barrier to the oncoming horde in front of the fighters. Balls of fire and earth soared over the flames whooshing over head taking out one of the trolls smacking him right in the chest and burning a hole right through his flesh, he plummeted to the ground crushing a few of the mindless soldiers in his wake.

More and more spells soared through the skies, magical knifes and poison arrows ripped through the air, making quick work of the oncoming attackers. balls of lightning and ice rained down over Ordagthin as Crucias army attacked back, now trapped behind the enchanted fire wall. "The shields are holding" shouted Ordagthin as she raised her hammer and shot gold rain over the enemies which split in to small dragon drops of fire setting ablaze anything that got too close.

A warrior threw himself over the protective wall of fire and took out 10 enemies with a single slash of his fire blade, it was quite impressive, he raised his sword as an ogre came towards him brandishing a huge club twice the size of the warrior, for a second the warrior stood still in shock, it was too late the ogre smashed the warriors shield in one hit the gold shattered to the floor and he was then struck on his right cheek with a ball of lightning, his brain matter rained down over the ground. "NO, Ramgor NO" the chloromancer shouted over the noise.

The ogre prepared to jump the fire wall, but he was stopped by the tree roots wrapping themselves round his legs then his chest, the roots sprouted and grew enclosing the ogre in a coffin of roots. The chloromancer squeezed her fists together, bright green leaves burst from her hands as she relinquished, her rage released from her in a scream and the ogres bones cracked and crushed guts and blood seeped through the small openings in the roots. "**** you" she screamed as tears gushed from her eyes.

The Chloromancers rage and the death of Ramgor seemed to enchant and enrage the rest of the fighters. More and more spells fired across the barrier orange, green, yellow every color you could think of illuminated the skies, hundreds of the enemy bodies lay ablaze on the floor in front of the protective wall.

Sequels of pain pierced Ordagthins eardrums and she felt blood seep from her ears, screams of pain she recognized, it was the same screams from before. the ones her parent's made as they where murdered right in front of her many years ago when she was just a child. the darkness was back, the sounds of fighting drained of in the distance. "Memories are one of my greatest weapons. tell your fighters to stop tell them to hand themselves over to me and i promise i can make you forget. i can make the pain go away. deny me and i will kill you. i will kill you like your parent's where killed". Ordagthins brain swimmerd as she fell to her knees, she could feel the pressure on her brain. threatening to burst the walls of her skull. "Never" Ordagthin whispered.

THE END.

Hope you enjoyed it as much as i did making it, thank you