HTF Tortos bow vs H Quillen

Can someone help me make sense of these 2 weapons: Heroic Thunderforged Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow vs Heroic Voice of the Quillen. I have ran both FD and AMR, and the change between them is miniscule. Obviously HTF Tortos bow has higher base agility and weapon damage, but Hit/Expertise is thrown at us so often that these end up being either either reforged to the point that I am at 8.49 hit. 8.44 exp or something dramatically over both caps. With Quillen I can sit at just over 8.51hit/7.57 exp + the dwarf racial, and I get to use all that haste for RPPM procs and get the red socket bonus too.

TL; DR heart is telling me to stick with Heroic Quillen, but HTF tortos is too good to not think long and hard about.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emaster/simple My Armory with Heroic Quillen reforge if it is beneficial.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    As you said, HTF Tortos bow has the higher base dmg & agility, therefore it will be better, not much but still.

Btw, you should reforge haste > crit.

Quote Originally Posted by siegemaster View Post
    Can someone help me make sense of these 2 weapons: Heroic Thunderforged Shattered Tortoiseshell Longbow vs Heroic Voice of the Quillen. I have ran both FD and AMR, and the change between them is miniscule. Obviously HTF Tortos bow has higher base agility and weapon damage, but Hit/Expertise is thrown at us so often that these end up being either either reforged to the point that I am at 8.49 hit. 8.44 exp or something dramatically over both caps. With Quillen I can sit at just over 8.51hit/7.57 exp + the dwarf racial, and I get to use all that haste for RPPM procs and get the red socket bonus too.

TL; DR heart is telling me to stick with Heroic Quillen, but HTF tortos is too good to not think long and hard about.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...emaster/simple My Armory with Heroic Quillen reforge if it is beneficial.
    Are you reforging for haste or crit?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, using voice of the quilen would actually give you more agility than the tortos bow. You can be barely over the hit and expertise cap with that and with the tortos bow you'd be wasting <2% of hit/exp which is ~680 stats. The tortos bow should be a little better even with all that loss.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Hey guys,

I've been in this situation for about a month or so as well (got HcTF bow then gun) and I'm 90% sure that Voice will be best for me since it puts me at 7.57/9.06 (yay for troll racial) hit/exp. The bow will put me at a bare minimum of 7.79/11.41 hit/exp.

Armory

Would like a conformation if thoughts are correct.

Thanks
    Last edited by mmoceadec8507e; 2013-08-05 at 12:35 AM.

Heroic-TF Tortos bow is better than Heroic Quilen for me at least(by about 2.5k). Got the HC-TF Tortos bow and seen HC Quilen drop a few times, but the extra wep dmg wins out in the end.

In same situation. Can't use the HTF Tortos bow, even though it is technically more dps in a 1 vs 1 comparison, because I cannot possibly get rid of the hit and expertise on the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    In same situation. Can't use the HTF Tortos bow, even though it is technically more dps in a 1 vs 1 comparison, because I cannot possibly get rid of the hit and expertise on the bow.
    I'm currently at 8.24% Hit and 7.56% Exp with H-TF Tortos Bow, Quilen wouldn't change my situation since I'm far over hit cap, but if I manage to get the DAMN HELM from Council, then it might do...

But I did some "math" with Femaledwarf:

215826 DPS with HC-TF Tortos bow, Heroic Tier Helm, Heroic-TF Horridon Chest
    215269 DPS with H-Quilen, Heroic-TF Council Helm, Heroic Tier chest

TL;DR: HC-TF Tortos bow should be the winner for me regardless of getting the final piece to the puzzle(Council helm H-TF).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    I'm currently at 8.24% Hit and 7.56% Exp with H-TF Tortos Bow, Quilen wouldn't change my situation since I'm far over hit cap, but if I manage to get the DAMN HELM from Council, then it might do...

But I did some "math" with Femaledwarf:

215826 DPS with HC-TF Tortos bow, Heroic Tier Helm, Heroic-TF Horridon Chest
    215269 DPS with H-Quilen, Heroic-TF Council Helm, Heroic Tier chest

TL;DR: HC-TF Tortos bow should be the winner for me regardless of getting the final piece to the puzzle(Council helm H-TF).
    The issue for me isn't the hit, it's the expertise. I don't have the backup gear that would make the HTF Tortos bow worth it--even though the base damage is worth ~3.5k dps increase--generally because of HTF Renataki's. If I had a couple of decent sidegrades or downgrades for 2-3 items, I could pull it off, but I haven't been lucky enough to get those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I'm confused why nobody ever considers Durumu Xbow.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

I'd imagine most guilds, like mine are not doing heroic Durumu until later in their progression.
    Last edited by siegemaster; 2013-08-08 at 12:08 AM.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

Well, it's not like HTF Durumu was on the menu. Like OP, I only have a HTF Tortos. If I manage to snag a HTF Durumu, I'd equip it straight away. It's a great weapon.