Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering why the OP didn't watch the kids in order to allow his brother and sister in law to take his mother out to dinner. Afterall, OP had dinner and went to the theater with her, I'm assuming, on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I'm wondering why the OP didn't watch the kids in order to allow his brother and sister in law to take his mother out to dinner. Afterall, OP had dinner and went to the theater with her, I'm assuming, on his own.
    like I say, my brother doesn't trust me looking after the kids, saying he doesn't trust the fact of if I go into a diabetic attack and can't watch the kids
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really seeing an issue here. Are we supposed to gang up on your brother and say he's a moron for expecting children to behave in a restaurant? Because he is.

I'm wondering why the OP didn't watch the kids
    if you'd bothered to read the first page

he said his brother doesn't trust him to watch the children because of some medical condition or something weak like that.

Only thing to add is your mother might like to spend time with her young grandchildren, unfortunate that they acted up but it wasn't a sure thing that they would have..
    edit: i read the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    like I say, my brother doesn't trust me looking after the kids, saying he doesn't trust the fact of if I go into a diabetic attack and can't watch the kids
    do you have a history of not caring for your diabetes properly or is he just being a derp? or does it really have something to do with dorothy (not trying to judge your brother, just curious)
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Fuck the kids!
    Don't fuck the kids.

Seems odd they brought the kids along but i can see the POV that bringing them along would be kinda cool cause "it's gramas bday let's have the kids celebrate with us"
    They just trusted the kids to ... well not be kids for the night, and lost that bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    Don't fuck the kids.

Seems odd they brought the kids along but i can see the POV that bringing them along would be kinda cool cause "it's gramas bday let's have the kids celebrate with us"
    They just trusted the kids to ... well not be kids for the night, and lost that bet.
    bringing the kids is fine, if they bring them to a family friendly place. Bringing them to a nice restaurant is just irresponsible. I HATE parents that do this, and I will shoot glares their way in a place like, Simply fondue when their kids start screaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    me and my brother have always had an uneasy relationship as it is, so thats small wonder. I've always tried to be approachable to him, and I do have a fun time with the kids. Still, getting off track.
    Sorry to hear that you and your brother have an uneasy relationship, I have a brother (17 years younger than me) and we have a great relationship, but it might be because of the age differance as I have cousins close to my age that i do not get along with very well.

Quote Originally Posted by azwesjr View Post
    Maybe you should have offered to watch the kids? As far as not getting invite, it sounds like you had already had a nice day with your mom? So letting your brother and his wife have a good day would have been a nice thing to do.
    If I was in OP' shoes, I wouldnt watch my sisters kids till hell freezes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a case of elder neglect. Your brother is a selfish imbecile who appears to enjoy and justify abusing his mother on a whim to please his family/wife. Disgusting.

Take care of your mother tell your brother, explicitly, to stop dumping his bratty kids on his mother. He must have no shame.

Deleted
    So...don't have kids ?

Mate, really, that's nothing. Be happy that your brother is not drinking, taking drugs, cheating on his wife and hitting his children. Yes, he may have been able to find a babysitter for that night, but it was not something major.

Not inviting you is ok I believe, since you went alone with your mother in the movies, and you shouldn't really care what your brother does with your mother unless he is hurting her in any way possible.

I hope you see my point.

Anyone who brings kids under say, 10 years old to a nice restaurant is a douchebag unless they can actually control their kids. But nobody can control a 3 year old, it's basically impossible. Pretty terrible planning really, I mean it isn't rocket science by any means, I don't even have kids and I know that.

Sounds to me like he was expecting everything to be fine, and it wasn't fine, not terribly surprisingly. If he was going to a nice place to eat he shouldn't have brought his kids. If they go to a restaurant that caters to kids, like Friendly's (not sure if you have those where you live, they're going out of business where I live, basically a place with burgers and ice cream desserts and such) then sure, bring the kids, it's a family atmosphere. If you're going anywhere fancy then no, absolutely not, that's just idiotic.

Deleted
    Fuck the kids!
    That's illegal.

OT: It sounds like they're not really nice people. "There's no room in the car" sounds like a bad excuse. And that they don't even trust you with their children speaks volumes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Mate, really, that's nothing. Be happy that your brother is not...(snip)...hitting his children.
    Maybe he should be. =P

Seriously though, nobody likes watching children that young all the time. You're brother sounds like a selfish idiot who needs to learn to control his children when he's out in public or not take them out. Rolling the dice on your mother's 70th birthday was a douche move and he needs to be told to stop being such and inconsiderate prick to everybody else on behalf of his kids. The problem is that you guys have a strained relationship so he won't hear it from you (unless you want to hurt your relationship even more), so there is nothing you can do besides apologize to your mom for him.

Also, I seriously doubt that your mother is okay with having the kids dumped on her all the time, but it's her place to say something about it. I did find it pathetic that your brother will dump the kids on your mom when he and his wife want to go out, but took them with him when it was her 70th birthday.

They probably should have made arrangements for someone to look after the kids and invited you... That being said I don't think it's a massive deal that they didn't.

Maybe they thought it would be nice to have the kids there or they couldn't find / afford to have anyone look after them.

Did you invite your brother when you had the meal with your mother in London ? If not why is it a big deal that he didn't invite you ?
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-08-05 at 08:14 AM.

I would imagine that your mom would like to spend some time with her grandkids.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem (From my view), isn't that you didn't get invited (Did you invite your brother+sister in law to London?), but more that they brought the kids. Should've expected the kids to misbehave and found a babysitter.

That being said, maybe they asked your mum and she thought it'd be sweet to have the kids there, hoping they'd behave?

I smell a lot of left out in this story.

Fuck the kids!
    Not even ten posts in and we've invoked Hansen's Law.

OT: Dick move taking the kids and ditching you, but a lot of people don't realize when they're being selfish and just think of it from their point of view. He'd likely think you were the one being selfish if you told him how you felt.