Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends if the kids are usually nice, when out..
    If this were an iscolated incident, then I dont blame your brother.
    If he knew they'd act up, because they usually do, its a dick move.
    I like juice

15+ Year Old Account
    Complete dick move. he was to cheap to get a sitter to take mom out? I would give him a earful. Its not like he didn't have ample notice. It was a scheduled event. No excuse and you don't take kids that young with you on a dinner outing for moms birthday.

I would be happy I wouldnt have to spend time with annoying little kids and my mom, but thats just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Maybe not so much motivated by selfishness but more naivete and wishful thinking?
    Perhaps he genuinely thought that your mum would enjoy a nice family outing, with the grandkids etc.
    I'd agree that expecting young children to behave in a nice restaurant is pretty silly, but that's possibly where the wishful thinking comes in.
    Without knowing your brother, it's tough to make a judgment call. Maybe I'm just trying too hard to be optimistic about the situation!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wanted to add to this, because this just added fuel to it. Upon seeing my brother again with my mother at home, since she was looking after my nephews again, when my brother came to pick them up, he actually made a kind of soft remark about 'oh I took you for a nice meal didn't I?', since he wanted some lunch well there, and she was busy with the kids.

yeah.. take from that how it made me feel to.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    my brothers argument is he doesn't trust me looking after the kids. Really, he's said this, since he thinks i could go into a diabetic hypo anytime and not be able to see to the kids.
    Has it happened before, or does he just think you're too stupid to manage your own diabetes? I can see why he's concerned but... come on.