Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    You don't need too many but you need the right ones for the fights, especially for 4 celestials. For example when I started doing the tournament I had around 40 max-level pets but a lot of them were useless so I still needed to level ~15 additional pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Was able to beat it with my current stable.

Xu-Fu: Sunreaver Micro Sentry, Zandalari Footslasher, Lil' Bling
    Zao: Sunreaver Micro Sentry (same one as Xu-Fu), Clockwork Gnome, Chrominius
    Chi-Chi: Ghostly Skull, Rapana Whelk, Emerald Proto-Whelp
    Yu-La: Mr. Bigglesworth, Qiraji Guardling, Kun-Lai Runt
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm new to Pet Battles. Would it be foolish to say I'd eventually be able to beat it with pets that are defense and attack specialized for each counter?

For example, A Dragonkin with Magic Damage is good for attacking a Flying pet.

So if Xu-Fu is a beast; having 3x pets that are Flyers with mechanical attacks (example: the Skywisp Moth)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    I'm new to Pet Battles. Would it be foolish to say I'd eventually be able to beat it with pets that are defense and attack specialized for each counter?

For example, A Dragonkin with Magic Damage is good for attacking a Flying pet.

So if Xu-Fu is a beast; having 3x pets that are Flyers with mechanical attacks (example: the Skywisp Moth)
    Legendary pets hit much harder. Also xu-fu always starts with moonfire attack so you need to have a mehanical out for 1.st round or its gona hurt like hell.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Shademaster Kiryn isn't up this week, but food for thought to other people.

Crimson Geode (H/S breed) or Elementium Geode (to a lesser extent; it has much lower attack power) can murderize Nairn and Stormoen. You need a Geode with 273+ Speed or this doesn't work too well. Use Spark, Amplify Magic, and Elementium Bolt.

Vs. Nairn
    R1. Elementium Bolt
    R2. Amplify Magic
    R3. Spark --> Elementium Bolt hits Nairn
    R4. Spark (Stormoen switches in, Amplify Magic + type bonus should put a really good dent in it)

As long as Stormoen is in play keep using Spark; it'll very likely die long before you do (should take no more than three turns thanks to Spark and Call Lightning). Once Nairn is back in repeat the previous steps. If Nairn survives the second Elementium Bolt (it shouldn't, but things happen) switch the Geode to your designated pet for Summer.

If everything goes well Nairn will get killed by the Geode as well; use your usual pet for the third if your Geode is still alive (I use Darkmoon Zeppelin-- Missile, Decoy). Third pet can be whatever you want, but keep in mind it should be a backup in case the Geode dies too early.

This is really nothing more than a different way to try and keep Nairn out of the fight as much as possible. I used to do this with Kun-Lai Runt and Deep Freeze, but Crimson Geode can at least eat Stormoen for breakfast on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    The "you can do it with 5 pets" was aimed at people who were first starting the tournament. It gives you a small set to work towards, which is a lot easier than listing out a bunch of different pets to level. It's not how I do those fights anymore (well, I have multiple howlbomb teams, but they don't share pets), but for the people who are scraping by on pets knowing the absolute minimum to do the fights is really valuable.
    There's no reason to do it with five pets considering you're always at the very least going to have fifteen.

A lot of creative things can happen even with suboptimal breeds if you sit down and think about it.
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2013-11-20 at 02:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It seems our precious Murkalot has been nerfed already. Falling Murloc and Shieldstorm swapped places, Righteous Inspiration now has an 8 turn cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Shademaster Kiryn isn't up this week, but food for thought to other people.
    Personally I use a Stitched Pup with Howl and Diseased Bite. It usually wrecks Nairn and puts Stormoen in racial mode. If people don't have a Geode I can recommend that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    It seems our precious Murkalot has been nerfed already. Falling Murloc and Shieldstorm swapped places, Righteous Inspiration now has an 8 turn cooldown.
    Funny how that one didn't show up in the hotfixes.

All of last 4 encounters from celestial tournaments can be done with 3 pets.

Pandaren Water Spirit (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66950),
    Chrominius (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68662)
    Any pet with wish ability (http://www.wowhead.com/petability=273)

Engage Xu with water spirit in front
    Cast Geyser
    Cast Whirpool
    Switch to Chrominius
    Cast Howl
    Cast Surge (if necessary)

Engage dragon with Wish pet in front
    Cast wish
    Switch to water spirit
    retreat

Engage dragon with Wish pet in front
    Cast wish
    Switch to chrominius
    retreat

rinse and repeat for zao and the bird and last dragon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    All of last 4 encounters from celestial tournaments can be done with 3 pets.

Pandaren Water Spirit (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=66950),
    Chrominius (http://www.wowhead.com/npc=68662)
    Any pet with wish ability (http://www.wowhead.com/petability=273)
    If Zao's charge crits, Water Spirit dies. This was the case for me today. Luckily, I've beaten Celestials with a dozen of different comps before, so it wasn't a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    If Zao's charge crits, Water Spirit dies. This was the case for me today. Luckily, I've beaten Celestials with a dozen of different comps before, so it wasn't a problem.
    This is why I run triple water spirits and triple chrominius . But most of the time I only need one of each for all 4 celestials.

Deleted
    Hotfix on December 2:
    •The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoofvlees View Post
    Hotfix on December 2:
    •The Celestials (Chi-Ji, Niuzao, Xuen, and Yu'lon) have their health reduced to 25% of original health. If more than 10 players from the same faction are engaged with the Celestial, their health will scale up. The health increase will cap at 100% of their original health with 40 players.
    lol this has nothing to do with the pet battles.