Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

The Sha concept - a ripoff

of Samurai Jack cartoon.

It's exactly as the Blizzard describes its own concept. The gods fought a great evil and a shard of that evil fell on Earth where it grew into a monstrocity called a sha...I mean Aku.

The intro is much longer but this was the only thing I could find. The episode is called The Birth of Evil.

Never played Dungeons and Dragons?

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss that show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are similarities in concept but virtually everything today is derived from something already existing. All of World of Warcraft wouldn't even exist without J.R.R Tolkien. If you're enjoying the Sha (as I am), and the storyline, who cares that it was inspired by a cartoon?

Almost everything is a ripoff, the way it is portrayed is important.

You'd be hard pressed to find a concept that hasn't been done before in the history of story telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggis View Post
    It's exactly as the Blizzard describes its own concept. The gods fought a great evil and a shard of that evil fell on Earth where it grew into a monstrocity called a sha...I mean Aku.
    I don't think the word "exactly" means what you think it means.

I hear Samurai Jack stole the concept of a Samurai from Seven Samurai.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really. Awesome show. But the concept is not from there, maybe the design looks alike, and that's it really.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    there are only 8 original stories.

everything is a rip off of a rip off of a rip off... simpsons did it!
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You'd be hard pressed to find a concept that hasn't been done before in the history of story telling.
    Indeed, almost everything is a ripoff of something, haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Almost everything is a ripoff, the way it is portrayed is important.

This may as well be the closing statement, because it describes it perfectly.

In literature and anything fictional, there is hardly anything original nowadays. The originality depends on how it is portrayed, not the core concept.

Aku, the shape shifting master of evil probably just attempted to elude Jack by coming to Azeroth. It won't work, it never works.

Warcraft is a "ripoff" of Warhammer (it was supposed to be Warhammer game in the first place) that is a "ripoff" from Tolkien..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

WoW has pillaged and plundered every myth and monster in mankinds history

Go to Northrend and see the Norse and Thor mythology, Go to Uldum to witness Egyptian mythology, The old gods are just from H. P. Lovecraft Cthulhu myth, and the rest is a amalgamation of J.R.R Tolkiens lord of the rings and D&D and other shit

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG, FUCKING WOW HUMANS ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF. SLAP IN DA FACE!!!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is "inspired by" where you add to and advance what came before significantly. Then there is rip off, where you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't the idea of Warcraft a rip off of Westwood's Dune RPG?
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    ZOMG, FUCKING WOW HUMANS ARE A TOTAL RIPOFF. SLAP IN DA FACE!!!
    Mind.... blown....

What is life?
    Whats a Rainbow?
    Why do I have five fingers and not six?
    Why am i human?

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how people believe that "pure originality" is the most valuable thing everyone should seek, and that failure to do so makes anyone who was not 100% purely original a total waste of space that doesn't deserve to live.

What? Me? Exaggerating? Merely...
    It's time to level up and quit your newbie ways
    You need to go outside and get some new V-rays
    A fresh breath of air will help you talk again
    Inhale, exhale, feel the Oxygen
    - Woodman

It's a ripoff without putting a new spin on the concept, which is the real tragedy. It's not "inspired by" this story, it's practically copy-pasted. Much of the rest of Warcraft is inspired by Tolkien, sure, but they aren't copying the story of the Lord of the Rings or anything.