Thread: Ji-kun trash

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Spacebubble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sylvanas EU - Denmark
    Posts
    1,954

    Ji-kun trash


    Picture says it all (click for full size)

    for clarification:
    Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    It says that you can't skip ji'kun trash anymore cause they put a wall right on the edge of the waterfall.
    Last edited by Spacebubble; 2013-08-07 at 10:59 AM.

  2. #2
    I don't see it. Please asplain.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  3. #3
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,929
    Sorry but what did the picture say?
    Did you skip the trash with the /camp macro while jumping at the same time?

  4. #4
    ikr... truly depressing. people shouldn't have shared the info in LFR and it would've went another 2 weeks lol. oh wells, was awesome while it lasted.

  5. #5
    It says that you can't skip ji'kun trash anymore cause they put a wall right on the edge of the waterfall.
    Isheria - Method - Twisting Nether

  6. #6
    Brewmaster Bassch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    1,305
    IIRC that's the part where you can skip the Ji Kun trash. I heard, while watching Treckie's stream, that you can't skip the trash any more on the US servers.

    I think that's the point OP is trying to make, not sure.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pays-bas
    Posts
    61
    Noeeeeesss

  8. #8
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,621
    Picture shows nothing.

    If you're talking about the Trash Skip, I spoke with a Game Master a few weeks ago, and he confirmed it wasn't an exploit, and was perfectly fine to use, although they obviously didn't intend for it to be used. I only mention this, as there seems to be a lot of hate towards those that use it, and I get a lot of threats of being banned because of it.

    Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

    Stupid priorities like this, is what pisses me off with Blizzard.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2013-08-07 at 10:59 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Picture shows nothing.

    If you're talking about the Trash Skip, I spoke with a Game Master a few weeks ago, and he confirmed it wasn't an exploit, and was perfectly fine to use, although they obviously didn't intend for it to be used. I only mention this, as there seems to be a lot of hate towards those that use it, and I get a lot of threats of being banned because of it.

    Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

    Stupid priorities like this, is what pisses me off with Blizzard.
    Pretty sure they have the exact height of what you can jump from straight ground, and can drop that in in pixels within seconds. The question is if you still can doublejump in the corner.
    Not something that takes a long time though, and you might have bigger first world problems to get pissed off of. Like your coffee being cold while you wrote that.

    But yeah. Fixing of tortos locked screen would be nice.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  10. #10
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,621
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    you might have bigger first world problems to get pissed off of. Like your coffee being cold while you wrote that.
    Actually, my Tea was just the right temperature once I was finished typing it out!

  11. #11
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Södermalm
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaElement View Post
    ikr... truly depressing. people shouldn't have shared the info in LFR and it would've went another 2 weeks lol. oh wells, was awesome while it lasted.
    I agree, raged really hard at 2 members for doing it in lfr...so stupid...

    Blizzard should get the hint, thats the 2nd exploit and been 2(?) nerfs to that ridiclous trash...

  12. #12
    meh it saves quite some lfr rage when doing this on my alt later this week.

    people went bonkers on the folks making use of the skip. but silly to be honest, but they might as well have helped the ones out who went the normal way so it went faster.

  13. #13
    I'd use the skip and go afk for 30 mins whilst everyone struggled to do it. I am happy it is fixed though to be honest because it took longer to get everyone up there in LFR than it did to clear the damn trash and it quite clearly wasn't intended for that use.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Blizzard should get the hint, thats the 2nd exploit and been 2(?) nerfs to that ridiclous trash...
    I count 4. (or well, 5 exploits 4 fixes as 1 fix fixed 2 exploits)
    Volun-told - A supposedly optional event, award, assignment, or activity in which a person (or persons) are required to attend either by persons-in-charge nominating them or their peers expecting them to be there. The individual often has no say in the matter, and non-attendance in frowned upon.

    I am so tired of seeing terrible people, being admired, for being terrible people.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Edit; If they've removed this, i'm going to be fucking pissed off. Not because of the skipping of the trash itself, but because this is one of the stupidest things to fix. I bet the time it took to put a wall in, and texture it, and to test if you couldn't jump it, took longer then it would to fix that damn Pre-Tortos Cinematic you can't skip.

    Stupid priorities like this, is what pisses me off with Blizzard.
    Yeah yeah, fixing bugs in their software is bloody stupid thing to do.. what?

  16. #16
    I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamyz View Post
    Yeah yeah, fixing bugs in their software is bloody stupid thing to do.. what?
    Lol at that straw man.

  18. #18
    Immortal Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    7,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><
    Should've learnt to do a simple logout and cancel said logout.

    OT: Quite annoying that Blizzard didn't realise from the amount of ways people found to skip the trash that it's far too long and tedious. Should have reduced the amount or just not fixed it.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I really hope it is impossible now. Not because of people exploiting it, but because of the number of people who can't. I've been in too many LFRs lately where the group is split in 2, half on the boss platform, half still down there. You can watch them jump off the edge and just respawn down there again. 20mins later, and the raid is still split in 2 locations ><
    I have a feeling this is why it was pretty important to get it fixed. It would delay LFR groups significantly and ruin the experience of many people who would've been otherwise completely unaware of the bug.

    Ultimately though, skipping trash that isn't meant to be skipped is a bad thing. And pointless too, since the trash takes like 10 mins to clear, if that.

  20. #20
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,946
    To be fair though most of the trash in ToT is some combination of lame, boring and/or tedious. You would have thought they would have recalled the anger from Firelands trash (slightly less frustrating). I mean nobody wants a repeat of ToC with no trash at all (I personally did not mind though), but ToT is a bit too much, and not only is the trash long, but in many cases they are just downright frustrating (Dark Animus trash springs to mind. Absolutely terrible trash; you're almost guaranteed a wipe on that). I think the worst thing though is that the trash changes between mdoes, like the bridge before Horridon slows you down more on normal than on LFR, the knockback isn't there (so it's less stupid if you get hit), etc.

    Personally, I think trash by definition should be non-elite, maybe with one elite "mini-boss" mob in each area, and maybe sometimes mixed up by pulls where you have to keep one guy away from the other or even *gasp* CC (ironically, Dark Animus trash would be the perfect place to use CC... except they're all immune).
    NOBLESHIELD
    <Meliora> of Turalyon-US
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •