10+ Year Old Account

Question Bloodlord Mandokir Solo?

Is it possible to SOLO Mandokir ZG?

I know you can, as Guardian, Symbiosis a paladin, and bubble the first decapitate, and then use the gigantic vengeance to burn him down before 2nd decapitate..
    However, having a paladin inside the instance with you, is technically NOT soloing, and unlikely anything you can get anyone to do enough times for you to actually farm the mount.

So, is it possible in any way for a druid to SOLO Mandokir, and if so, how?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I know hunters can do it with the snake trap, they are supposed to stay up while the spirits resses the hunter.

and I know you can solo it with a blood DK, using purgatory and death siphon with mega vengeance and massive str. (and using IB, DRW, Trinkets, Vamp blood glyphed just before decapitate)

Believe other classes can do it aswell, but don't know how :P

Um, guardian gets consecration from paladins, not bubble. You're thinking of feral.
    Also bubbled hits would give 0 vengeance.

I think the answer is no. I don't believe stuff like target dummies or treants would stick around after you die to keep him in combat, and that's the only way I can see it working. Maybe someone else on these forums has done it and could prove me wrong though, I admit I haven't had a reason to try it .

10+ Year Old Account
    But DK, Paladin, Hunter and Mage is not Druids..
    The first 4 I know can do it 100% solo, but I have neither of those toons geared, nor very skilled at playing them, which is why I want to go as Druid..

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Um, guardian gets consecration from paladins, not bubble. You're thinking of feral.
    Also bubbled hits would give 0 vengeance.
    You are correct, that 's feral that gets bubble.. My mistake. But it still doesn't count as SOLO..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Yes, you could do it as feral with either Bubble or Dispersion without too much trouble.

As far as actually soloing, no, probably not possible. Once you get enough EH as guardian to live through 1 decapitate it would become a joke, but to do that you would need armor cap and 1.5m HP with glyphed MoU up. Less if you have a trinket to give you additional percentage reduction (does Stay of Execution still work?).

As a side note, BrM monks (and I assume WW as well) can solo it too so you can add that to your list =P

Edit: After thinking about it for a bit it should be doable with the legendary meta and a little bit of luck, you would take:

15,000,000 * 0.25 (Armor) * 0.5 (SI) * 0.8 (Barkskin) * 0.8 (Meta) = 1,200,000 damage

Obviously you would use glyphed MoU to give you 50% additional HP which would put the HP requirement at 800,000. You could also use a battlemaster trinket (Fortitude of the Zandalari, perhaps?) in your second trinket slot which would bring the HP requirement down to around 720,000.

Armor cap against a level 87 target is only 91,215 armor so that shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-03-24 at 09:39 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

As far as actually soloing, no, probably not possible. Once you get enough EH as guardian to live through 1 decapitate it would become a joke, but to do that you would need armor cap (which would be easy to arrange as long as you have Rune of Re-Origination) and 1.5m HP with glyphed MoU up. Less if you have a trinket to give you additional percentage reduction (does Stay of Execution still work?).
    Well, stay would only be ~60k damage off of it, you'd get more out of a current stamina trinket.
    Also it's not affected by armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    and I know you can solo it with a blood DK, using purgatory and death siphon with mega vengeance and massive str.
    Purgatory's ability to sidestep autokill mechanics was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Since when exactly? I can still survive it. Perhaps it isn't a one shotted? It deals 15 mil dmg, which atm one shots you. But it isn't percentage based.

Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Well, stay would only be ~60k damage off of it, you'd get more out of a current stamina trinket.
    Also it's not affected by armor.
    I recall in Dragon Soul it being used on impales to absorb a full 20% of the hit as the absorb wasn't removed until after the cap was breached. Wasn't sure if they've since changed that behavior.

And, it's not affected by armor? Well if that's true that blows. How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Magally View Post
    Decapitate is not an instakill, it is a physical attack that deals 15 million damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Since when exactly? I can still survive it. Perhaps it isn't a one shotted? It deals 15 mil dmg, which atm one shots you. But it isn't percentage based.
    Since MoP went live.

Granted you can still survive the attack but it's a gear issue.

And, it's not affected by armor? Well if that's true that blows. How do you know that?
    Doing it on my DK at 85.

~80% avoidance (it was a bit higher, but let's just go with this guess) = ~80% from army.
    50% from IBF, 20% from bone shield, 10% from blood presence, 10% from weakened blows.

That should reduce the hit to 15*.2*.5*.8*.9*.9= .972M. I was actually hit for around 850-900k, with the discrepancy being way too small for armor (and being about in line with the actual ~82-83% avoidance I had).

For DKs better geared than I, the hit would probably have been flat out survivable without purgatory if armor had reduced it.

Well if that's the case then I'll have to go with it's not possible =P

Although if you get a bugged Symbiosis where it doesn't remove the buff from you, you could do it "solo" although I'm sure some people would argue the legitimacy of that.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    (does Stay of Execution still work?).

Yes, it does, but you can't use it. The DoT will kill you when Blood Letting starts since Blood Letting is going to drop you to very low health. Same issue Warlocks are having soloing it with Dark Bargain.

Deleted
    Just to clarify:
    Death Knights cannot do it currently.
    What enabled them to solo it was that surviving the attack with purglatory would give them vengeance for the overkill damage as well. Then with 700k vengeance death siphons they would be able to heal up the overkill damage over the 3 seconds they have with purglatory.

On the topic of: can druids solo it?
    If symbiosis still persists after leaving a group, a geared feral druid should be able to kill it by using bubble (maybe dispersion and cooldowns but that would be sketchy and a dps loss as well). That being said I have not attempted it, but now you've got me curious.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2013-03-25 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Warlox can do it so maybe in 5.4 Ferals can do it also
    Mandokir no longer decapitates his primary target... so as long as you're his primary threat target, he won't decapitate you, making this encounter very doable.

Also, Mandokir is glitched, and no longer gets off his raptor visually. The raptor still spawns and runs around, but mandokir remains mounted on another version of it. He even remains on it after he dies.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since this is my thread, and it's already necro'ed.......

Didn't v5.3 change it, so top threat (tank in 5man, or whoever solo it) isn't targetted by Decapitate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Since this is my thread, and it's already necro'ed.......

Didn't v5.3 change it, so top threat (tank in 5man, or whoever solo it) isn't targetted by Decapitate?
    I believe I just said that, yes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I believe I just said that, yes.
    Yeah, saw that, after my reply (which took long time to type since I had to put my iPad away)...