Can I talk about a DIFFERENT forums moderation?

Well, first I thought I'd ask this question, and then if it's allowed I'd edit it to go into what I really wanted to talk about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the other forum called "MMO Schmampion?"
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just PM a moderator to ask if you can, instead of making a post about it.

That said, I wouldn't bother because it may just devolve into comparison, or a rhetoric of "I totally know this other place" when its really just asking about here. I feel like if you're just ranting about getting banned on another forum, or this one, it probably isn't worth the post.

TLDR: Ask a mod.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Well, I haven't been banned on it, yet... though I may well soon.

I have conversations cut off and posts deleted and wanted to post some to see what people thought of them.

And it's not this forum or anything related to it. It's for a game called Infinity Wars.
    Last edited by valzyf; 2013-08-06 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valzyf View Post
    Well, I haven't been banned on it, yet... though I may well soon.

I have conversations cut off and posts deleted and wanted to post some to see what people thought of them.

And it's not this forum or anything related to it. It's for a game called Infinity Wars.
    Posting about another forums moderation is fine.
    Chances are if you had posts deleted or cut off they were against that particular forums rules of conduct.
    Instead of posting nonsense here why not read that other forums rules?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you by chance the same valzyf on the infinity wars forum that keeps cussing out people demanding something about content?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Discussing other forums Mods here isnt an issue. I caution you, It has been done many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times before. I dount you would be bringing anything new that has not been discussed.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Of course not, didn't you know that the moderators of MMOC are linked up to a hive-mind containing all the moderators on the Internet?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Because I felt I was merely having a conversation and was going to link to the thread on here and see what people thought. I do know why the one was deleted, but that was after it blew up and I did get pissed off.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where I cussed? I can link the thread now.

http://lightmare.com.au/forum/index....30859#msg30859

Yes, I've edited posts, but that's when I've made them, not after to hide anything. I add more to the post as I think of it, so I'm not double posting.

I was told I was being insulting and demeaning. I was having a conversation and debate. I disagreed with people, but I think my posts are pretty neutral. The worst I said until the post that got deleted was calling the decision dumb, in my very first post.

And the post that got deleted was:

Oh look, cut off again. That's new. Your little handful of inside guys get away with talking about all kinds of off topic bullshit (most of which is "inconsequential to gameplay") in every thread, but the minute I get going on something that matters to me this happens. Favoritism at it's best.

So, I swore once, after my discussion was cut off in the thread.
    Last edited by valzyf; 2013-08-06 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw your other posts. (warning, language). If mods are editing/removing your posts, I'm not surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if you get banned (there) any time soon.

I don't see this thread going anywhere quickly.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-08-06 at 07:34 PM.

if you do you will be mocked. not by me, i dont care. but if it gets entertaining i will grab some popcorn. and with chazus's post it looks as though things might be getting started, albeit in a direction i didnt see coming
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

You were insulting their work, you were posting off-topic material as well. And in the end, it's their forum; so their rules.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I saw your other posts. (warning, language). If mods are editing/removing your posts, I'm not surprised. I also wouldn't be surprised if you get banned (there) any time soon.

I don't see this thread going anywhere quickly.
    That one only serves to further my point. I was having a discussion. That the big, bad QA testers decided to derail. Do they get moderated? Nope. Just left to derail the discussion with anything they want that is "inconsequential to gameplay." But when I am having a conversation that actually has to do with the game, it gets ended and moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    You were insulting their work, you were posting off-topic material as well. And in the end, it's their forum; so their rules.
    Their employee made the post that STARTED the conversation I was having, so how was it off topic exactly?
    Last edited by valzyf; 2013-08-06 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're kind of preaching to the choir here really.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the mods cherry picking your volatile behaviour? Possibly. But that's kind of their job. They aren't here to praise people for making a post that's within their ToS. Yes, you have some important feedback, but that doesn't balance out the name calling, swearing, insults, and other flotsam involved. I spend half my day helping people on the computer forums and making builds, but that doesn't somehow offset the fact that I've gotten infracted, and even banned a couple times, over saying stupid things.

You learn your lessons (hopefully) and move on, and perhaps become more respected in the development community for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I've never belonged to any forum where if you just behaved like a reasonably well mannered adult you would get enough infractions to warrant a ban. I've been infracted here once or twice in over 11,000 posts. It's not that hard to just comply with the forum rules. That doesn't mean you can't occasionally be snide or sarcastic or whatever (unless the rules say not to). Just be aware of what you're posting and don't directly insult other members. If you get enough infractions for a ban to occur, it's likely it's your own damn fault.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Are the mods cherry picking your volatile behaviour? Possibly. But that's kind of their job. They aren't here to praise people for making a post that's within their ToS. Yes, you have some important feedback, but that doesn't balance out the name calling, swearing, insults, and other flotsam involved. I spend half my day helping people on the computer forums and making builds, but that doesn't somehow offset the fact that I've gotten infracted, and even banned a couple times, over saying stupid things.

You learn your lessons (hopefully) and move on, and perhaps become more respected in the development community for it.
    So, again, other than saying dumb twice in my first post and bullshit in my last post that got deleted (which I posted AFTER the fact), show me where I did any of those things in that thread. I was having a nice conversation and debate.

Quote Originally Posted by valzyf View Post
    So, again, other than saying dumb twice in my first post and bullshit in my last post that got deleted (which I posted AFTER the fact), show me where I did any of those things in that thread. I was having a nice conversation and debate.
    You can't have a debate on another forum so you open a thread here about it?
    I don't even understand this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably not a great idea to be bringing offsite drama here. Maybe address your frustrations with that site and see if you can get a more helpful response?

So between that and the fact that this thread already is pretty hostile with one another, I think it's better I just close this. Sorry folks.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |