Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yes I miss original Runescape.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care too much about graphics quality TBH. If the gameplay is good, I can play anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Screw you people and your 3D graphics. Viva Sprites!
    When I started playing, games were like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8YlmDqs4Z4 and I had fun...

Also, I occasionaly play Nethack and Dungeon Crawl. No graphics at all!

Thinking about it again, I think that very realistic graphics actually make me dislike the game a bit. I like some room for imagination.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Deleted
    I feel with bad/simplistic graphics I focused more on gameplay.

But with games like Bioshock Infinite I thought the gameplay was pretty awful, but enjoyed it purely because of the style/graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the best video games ever created are from the 8-bit/16-bit/32-bit era's. Because they didn't have the hollow shell of graphics to rely on, they actually had to make a quality, long lasting product for it to be considered good. Too bad that type of production quality has gone the way of the dodos, in favor of eye candy and easily reproduced systems for the almighty "easy" dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but sometimes I wonder.. In example, Shining in the Darkness, one of classic dungeon crawlers, is only 1 MB. How much more there would be content if graphics would be the same, but game's size would be limited by 1 GB instead. So far games tend to have more and more "advanced" graphics, take more and more space on HDD and same time have less and less of actual game content.
    Not much more, I think. There's only so much content a given team can create and code. Simply adding more people very quickly results in a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. Still, I agree AAA games nowadays should start focusing less on graphics and setpieces and more on actual content. And not just text. Seriously, having a book's worth of backstory in your game is fine, but as much as I like reading about lore, reading is not the game itself. Looking at you, Mass Effect series.

Incidentally, that's why procedurally-generated worlds like Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft and CubeWorld are so popular nowadays. They allow people to explore positively enormous worlds without requiring a proportionally enormous staff to create them.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Hell. No./10chars
    Now you see it. Now you don't.