Hard Drive Help!

So I'm pretty clueless when it comes to computer hardware. I'm looking for a new hard drive to get thats compatible with my laptop.
    It is an HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC with AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N640 2.90GHz, 6GB DDR3. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone could help me find a decent one that isn't too expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you have now, and what are you looking for?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I can't post links yet but if you google HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC with AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N640 2.90GHz, 6GB DDR3. It'll pop up with a tigerdirect link. Pretty sure that's it. I'm just lookin for a decent hard drive for it.

Seeing how your previous drive was a 640GB one, did you use a lot of that space? If not go with this or this if you want 7200RPM. You can also grab their 1TB models if you want more space. But to be honest I hate any HP dv series laptops as they always have heat issues.

Yeah I've got a desktop fan blowin on it at all times haha. Yeah I'd like a decent one like the 7200. What would you suggest for a tb model?

Sorry, I was getting my drives messed up but those 500GB one's are good, they go up to 750GB models for the 7200RPM WD drives not 1TB, but they have a scorpio blue 1TB drive. But you can try this out if you want 1 TB, it's a pretty fast drive. Also Western Digital had there Slim line out for laptop drives (2.5") if you want to look at that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you have a 640gb now and wanted... bigger? Or what exactly? I'm just trying to figure out -why- you're upgrading to see what would be good.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

My current hard drive is failing. I'm looking to replace it.

Replace it with a good one, if there is no problem use the good one.