Deleted

BrM mastery 5.4 (10man)

How are you(10m tanks) going to gem/reforge for the first 5.4 IDs? still going crit for the dps/EB stacks or mastery for more EH for hard hitting encounters?

Crit will lose some of it's value when we break the 2pT15 bonus and a bit more haste wouldn't hurt without the 4pT15 i think.

Or going crit with 15 bonus for nhc and stacking mastery when starting hcs?

PS:
    I am tank(529, started raiding again 5 weeks ago) in a 5/13 10h guild on a realm where we are nr2 behind a 9/13 10h guild(kind of a dead realm) without much hope of killing more hcs before 5.4 hits the real realms (some people are leaving, good players are rare).

I'm also on a dead realm so I feel your pain there. I'm at 537 ilvl, but I'm completely underwhelmed by the new tier bonuses and kinda wish I can get all of my t15 to Heroic, because it just feels like a better deal. Sure the stats would be better, but it's still very meh.... I'm sure I'll eventually take the tier tokens after my other raiders get theirs.

I'm probably still going to roll with a heavy crit build, around 50% with a bit more haste than usual, maybe 9k. A lot of the fights seem very 2 tank oriented of course, but DPS is always a premium in 10m.

I think that for a while T15 2p/4p is going to be very valuable for a while(especially Heroic tokens). I how ever will more thank likely stick with my full on Crit build but would switch for high hitting fights since I carry gems around with me everyone/have someone in raid with reforge mount. Only time Mastery stacking if even stacking seems useful for fights like Horridon HC which I am semi-mastery stacking for. I think the most Mastery I would get is for it to proc the Mastery buff on my RoRo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do note that the t15 2p is being neutered by 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Which is still proc'ing 5760 rating worth of Mastery which is 70% of my current static mastery. Yes it's getting nerfed but I wouldn't call it garbage in relation to the amount of secondary stats it generates.

On a non swap scenario I'm able to keep it up > 50% of the encounter (looking at DA since there are no down periods where I cap at 15 stacks).
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I haven't seen every boss in 5.4 but, I can see some monks going for around 8k haste, as much mastery as they need, then crit to around 60%, dropping any leftovers into mastery (with 7.5% hit, 15% expertise).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

I will be sticking with a Crit centered build and will not be swapping out my T15 4pc until I have T16 4pc. Even with the T15 2p nerf, it is still better than the bullshit T16 2p, and the T15 4p is still better for progression than breaking the set in my opinion at least.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    I will be sticking with a Crit centered build and will not be swapping out my T15 4pc until I have T16 4pc. Even with the T15 2p nerf, it is still better than the bullshit T16 2p, and the T15 4p is still better for progression than breaking the set in my opinion at least.
    Have you done crafting on the t16 2p/4p I was away for a while and might have missed it but they seem extremely lack luster to me, but again I haven't had time to do much with them myself.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    Have you done crafting on the t16 2p/4p I was away for a while and might have missed it but they seem extremely lack luster to me, but again I haven't had time to do much with them myself.
    They are lackluster when combined with the recent PTR nerfs to both our dmg, and vengeance. In 10m, I think it will be a complete waste to swap until we hit the 4pc. Using Chi on PB during progression will also take away from the damage component needed to proc the T16 2p guard and makes it even less desireable.

Isn't that just fun? It sucks if you ask me.

Deleted
    I´ll use mastery-roro, 7-8k haste, rest crit for heroics (which are starting on 2nd ID). Probably switch out roro and reforge to crit on the fly for bosses with almost no dangerous physicaldmg, but i cant see any Leishi-type fights thus far, do you?
    If you plan to stick with full crit, think of following: With gettin better gear(over 460+) you will be way over autohit-crit-cap, so only gaining some dmg for crit. Wielding a 2hand to avoid this will lower dps, just compensating extradmg from crit. And you lose the T15bonus (or it will be halved atleast), tanking with absolut base mastery 100% of fights, i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironchi View Post
    I´ll use mastery-roro, 7-8k haste, rest crit for heroics (which are starting on 2nd ID). Probably switch out roro and reforge to crit on the fly for bosses with almost no dangerous physicaldmg, but i cant see any Leishi-type fights thus far, do you?
    If you plan to stick with full crit, think of following: With gettin better gear(over 460+) you will be way over autohit-crit-cap, so only gaining some dmg for crit. Wielding a 2hand to avoid this will lower dps, just compensating extradmg from crit. And you lose the T15bonus (or it will be halved atleast), tanking with absolut base mastery 100% of fights, i dont know.
    Sort of. While we do get half the value of 2pc, I don't see myself swapping out of it and will just push more of my excess into Mastery to it will work it self out in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Sort of. While we do get half the value of 2pc, I don't see myself swapping out of it and will just push more of my excess into Mastery to it will work it self out in the long run.
    Still better than the +5% Dodge to EB from T14 and better than the T16 pieces so far so doubt most of us with 543 T15 tier pieces will be giving them up easily.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Still better than the +5% Dodge to EB from T14 and better than the T16 pieces so far so doubt most of us with 543 T15 tier pieces will be giving them up easily.
    That is the truth right there. This will probably be the first tier for monks that I will not break for higher ilvl pieces until I have the 4 set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you even going to take normal mode tier pieces? Seems like right now in that gear scenario to just wait until you have the HC 4P set ready before migrating.
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Are you even going to take normal mode tier pieces? Seems like right now in that gear scenario to just wait until you have the HC 4P set ready before migrating.
    Correct. I will not be taking normal mode pieces the first week, and possibly not even the 2nd and waiting to see if we can get some heroic tier drops. I might even wait until everyone else has theirs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly considering just skipping out on 4 set T16 for TF'ed/better itemised gear. I'll grab the 2p but I see no value in the 4p compared to higher ilvl/itemisation.

And agreed on sitting on our current set bonuses for a while longer, T15 4p > T16 2p when I have at least one heroic piece methinks. I'm sure our mistweaver/hunter/shaman/warrior will be happy to hear that.

EDIT: I just don't know why Blizzard is insisting on such terrible set bonuses this tier, not only were they questionable in their original implementation but then they nerfed both by 50-fucking-percent. I'm seeing all these fancy looking set bonuses for the other tanks and ours are just so miniscule and booooooring.

10+ Year Old Account
    And agreed on sitting on our current set bonuses for a while longer, T15 4p > T16 2p when I have at least one heroic piece methinks. I'm sure our mistweaver/hunter/shaman/warrior will be happy to hear that.
    Yeah our raid has plenty on my token so sure there are plenty of other raiders that will be happy not to contend with the tank for early tier drops. Plus 25m sees a lot of TF drops so I'll snipe all the non tier goodies =P
    [/URL]

I'm sticking with Crit and H -T15 (2/2) 4P until H-T16 starts going to off spec . . . then pooling it till I get 4 piece H-T16 then maybe but by then the content will probably be on farm.

Thanks blizz for nerfing BM monks then giving us nerfed junk T-16 set bonus.

I'm sitting just shy of 60% crit. I'll probably drop a little into haste. But other than that I don't see anything changes till heroics.