Buying a new high-end gaming laptop, what sort of price range should I be looking at?

I have never really bought a computer before, let alone a gaming laptop. I have absolutely no idea about what a reasonable price range would be, could someone please help me get on the right track?

I've been looking at Razer's new laptop, which I want so bad, but is way out of my price range (over $2000). I get the feeling that I can get a good gaming laptop for far less than that, no?

Razer's new laptop is overpriced. The only thing it has going for itself is that it is small.

I've heard a few Lenovo laptops being thrown around (at around $1300) that are a good value. But what exactly is your price range?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lenovo, Sager, MSI, and Asus (in no particular order) Are usually the better ones.

Avoid Alienware and Sony. Toshiba is meh at the high end.

Always get a 3 year warranty minimum.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

No idea how much you can spend but found a great offer for 220USD off 1600 to 1380USD
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834198030

I7-2.6GHZ quad
    GTX 770M
    8GB Memory
    750GB 7200RPM HDD no SSD

Looking at Newegg i don't see anything better before 2000USD. It seems that between 1600 and 2000 they just pile on more memory of little user after the 8GB mark.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    Razer's new laptop is overpriced. The only thing it has going for itself is that it is small.

I've heard a few Lenovo laptops being thrown around (at around $1300) that are a good value. But what exactly is your price range?
    My price range would be about $1500.
    Last edited by Nakura Chambers; 2013-08-07 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont get a high-end desktop with $1000, let alone a laptop.

Why do you want a laptop instead of a desktop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Avoid Alienware and Sony,
    Alienware is probably one of the better sellers for gaming laptops. From what I have been reading they have a better build quality than clevo products (I think that would be MSI/Sager).

And I dont think sony actually sells laptops aimed at gaming, but a couple of their lines are top notch. Just higher priced, but thats what you pay for.

MSI GT60-2OC fits your pricerange. Keep in mind though that high-end on a laptop currently means having a 780M, and those laptops go for 1800$+.

The 770M is about equivalent to a desktop's 660 underclocked.

The 780M is a 680MX with 50 Mhz more on the core, which is roughly equivalent to a 670 underclocked.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760