Selfless Healer Nerf?

Selfless Healer (Protection, Retribution) no longer generate a charge of Holy Power from successful Judgments.

Is this as bad as I think it is? Not generating holy power means dps nerf for ret. Anyone have a logical reason for this change?

Ret is too OP in pvp, obv. >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

It never did. That's a datamined change for Holy which wasn't meant for Protection nor Retribution.

Deleted
    Tooltip fix...

Quote Originally Posted by knudnat View Post
    Selfless Healer (Protection, Retribution) no longer generate a charge of Holy Power from successful Judgments.

Is this as bad as I think it is? Not generating holy power means dps nerf for ret. Anyone have a logical reason for this change?
    Ret and Prot already generate holy power from judgment intrinsically; selfless healer now allows holy pld to do the same.

Probly a pvp nerf. they're looking to make ret paladin kiting less viable.
    thats what i think anyway.

edit: i'll go with what others are saying and say it's a tooltip fix. selfless healer giving holy power didn't sound right to me, pretty sure thats the talent that gives instant flash of lights

You sure? It is labeled specifically at ret and prot.

Reading the new tooltip suggests holy will get a holy power charge and ret and prot will not.
    Last edited by knudnat; 2013-08-07 at 05:37 AM.

You sure? It is labeled specifically at ret and prot.
    It's also datamined from the PTR (where everything can change) and isn't included in any of Blizzard's official notes or posts. It isn't a real, intended change for Protection or Retribution, as adding this functionality for either spec would make it an absolutely mandatory choice for survival or DPS.

Honestly these topics about Selfless Healer since the Holy change was brought in are kinda silly, lol.

Edit: It will provide no change from live functionality for either spec. Holy is the only one receiving a modified version, where their version will provide a point of holy power for their judgments since they do not have it as a baseline function.

Ret/Prot have the ability to generate HP from Judgement of the Bold/Wise. Holy Paladins can now do the same if they take Selfless Healer. So nothing changes for prot/ret just Holy.

That actually makes more sense, not sure why they worded the new tooltip that way.

Ret/Prot get it as a passive already so the tooltip of SelfH giving an additional HP from judgment was confusing and people started to think that ret/prot could get 2 HP / Judgment which would obviously be ridiculous, it's a simple tooltip fix to show that this isn't the case. No change for ret/prot, holy gets HP from judging with the talent now though.