Gear Question (Elemental)

Hey guys.
    First of all, thanks for reading and commenting, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've been raiding with the following character since the beginning of MoP, double-specced to Resto and Elem, but nowadays I've been playing the dps role more often.

Elem gear:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Gamow/advanced

Resto gear (it's a print screen from my armory on chrome):
    http://postimg.org/image/5tteg0rv5/
    (I try to go for haste>mastery on elem gear and crit>mastery given 20,01% haste on resto gear, and sharing the least pieces I can)

I have the T15 2p bonus. Seems good, as a flat increase to dps plus it looks badass, specially with the challenge gold gear (belt piece) effect. :B
    I got the Ji-kun hc token, and I have in the bank a hands T15 piece.
    I could go for the T15 4P, exchanging my Ji-Kun hc gloves and my normal thunderforged Lei-Shen legs for hc tier legs + normal tier gloves.
    The thing is: I know the 4P adds some additional work into syncing buffs and, overall, will change the way I'm "used to" act every encounter.
    So, based on your personal experience and general knowledge of the class, is it worth to get the 4P, considering its changes to our modus operandi? Will it pay off the higher stats I'd be throwing away?
    I'm already overhit, but more than willingly to change any of my trinkets for Wushoolay's (base hit + int proc), which could also weigh on gear selection for the future (or not, seeing as SoO is closer and closer).

Well, I'm definitely not selling the token, so the option is get the resto legs which would be a very straightforward upgrade, but then limited to the usefullness of the spec when we already have 3 healers.
    If you feel like checking whether I use my off-spec enough you can go http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/goldrinn/gamow/

P.S.: I could ask for the normal helm token and then keep the gloves (or legs) I'm using too.

Well, anything would help. Thanks in advance.
    M.

First, to answer your question, while you might lose a little bit in stats, the 4pc is usually worth it. You'll get to use Ascendance roughly every 2 minutes instead of 3, which might put it out of sync with Skullbanner, but that's about it.

Second, definitely, DEFINITELY swap UVLS for Wushalay's. UVLS is just about the bottom of the list for us except on AOE, because it does absolutely nothing for us during Ascendance. Wushalay's is 2nd best in slot, after Breath of the Hydra.

Third, sim your character to make sure, but you can probably safely start swapping your yellow slot gems for pure haste, red for int/haste, and blues for haste/spirit. 2xHaste pulls ahead of int at a point. Again, sim to make sure.

ETA: Also, put Pandaren's Step on your boots. Yes, it's mastery, but you really want that extra movement speed. And you can probably use the int/crit spellthread on your legs, especially with Wush. In fact, if you do sim and 2xhaste pulls ahead of int, you can swap some of your purple gems for pure haste, too (such as in your belt and weapon), because the slight loss in int will be made up for by the tons of extra haste, and you won't need the spirit with Wush.
    Last edited by Tickle; 2013-08-07 at 05:01 PM.

Yeah there was a bit of speculation early about the 4 piece being a loss due to not syncing with buffs but it is generally unfounded. The only instance where it's a potential loss is if you don't get an extra ascendance than you would normally would .

First, to answer your question, while you might lose a little bit in stats, the 4pc is usually worth it. You'll get to use Ascendance roughly every 2 minutes instead of 3, which might put it out of sync with Skullbanner, but that's about it.

Second, definitely, DEFINITELY swap UVLS for Wushalay's. UVLS is just about the bottom of the list for us except on AOE, because it does absolutely nothing for us during Ascendance. Wushalay's is 2nd best in slot, after Breath of the Hydra.

Third, sim your character to make sure, but you can probably safely start swapping your yellow slot gems for pure haste, red for int/haste, and blues for haste/spirit. 2xHaste pulls ahead of int at a point. Again, sim to make sure.

ETA: Also, put Pandaren's Step on your boots. Yes, it's mastery, but you really want that extra movement speed. And you can probably use the int/crit spellthread on your legs, especially with Wush. In fact, if you do sim and 2xhaste pulls ahead of int, you can swap some of your purple gems for pure haste, too (such as in your belt and weapon), because the slight loss in int will be made up for by the tons of extra haste, and you won't need the spirit with Wush.
    Yeah there was a bit of speculation early about the 4 piece being a loss due to not syncing with buffs but it is generally unfounded. The only instance where it's a potential loss is if you don't get an extra ascendance than you would normally would .
    Thanks for your fast reply! Yes, I am doing LFR since the 3000 b.c., only the first wing plus Tortos and Megaera to get a chance at those trinkets. I'd trade Lei-Shen's trinket on any of those LFR even. It doesn't drop though, while I got Lei-Shen's on a bonus roll (couldn't be more disappointed) and since then I'm using it over Elegon's HC one, because I've simmed it and the base intellect pulls slightly better.

Last time I simmed my toon, mastery was a little better than haste and both still better than int on a 2:1 ratio, but I believe that is because I have lame trinkets (the valor one isn't RPPM, so haste doesn't pump its uptime like it would happen to Megaera's or Council's). Haste does pump the Lei-Shen's uptime, but that one is terrible to Elemental anyway.

Gems are a little off really, specially because I just got Horridon's HC staff (haste + hit) while I was using Twins' one (haste + mastery), so I was confortable at hit then, now it's a mess. One thing that pisses me off is that tier hands have crit, tier legs have crit. They could really make it haste+mastery.

Well well, I guess that counts as an answer. Any way I can flag the topic as closed/answered ?