Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stupid problems in raids that Blizzard won't fix

- The trash at the start of the Dread Approach wing of Heart of Fear in LFR. I think they put the normal mode trash (which barely moves a tank's health bars) in LFR by mistake and the LFR trash in normal - that's the only explanation for how overtuned it is. You're supposed to have one tank take the shield master and the other faces the packs away from the raid, but I've never seen another tank that had a clue about that. Trash isn't in the dungeon journal. And c'mon, most of the healers are still eating and here comes the hardest-hitting trash in any LFR. Also, you constantly get evade bugs when you get to the platforms.

- Unskippable cinema sequence on Tortos. Yes, I would like to skip it, thank you. Do you speak English, button?

- Iron Qon resetting. He did this to us at 2% on the last phase the other day and I almost ragequit.

- Any boss that resets due to someone being locked out of the instance. Especially fun when someone ninja pulls while you're waiting to kick an AFK and gets killed. At least as the tank, I can, and do, put my foot down and wipe it if I know it's going to reset anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    - The trash at the start of the Dread Approach wing of Heart of Fear in LFR. I think they put the normal mode trash (which barely moves a tank's health bars) in LFR by mistake and the LFR trash in normal - that's the only explanation for how overtuned it is. You're supposed to have one tank take the shield master and the other faces the packs away from the raid, but I've never seen another tank that had a clue about that. Trash isn't in the dungeon journal. And c'mon, most of the healers are still eating and here comes the hardest-hitting trash in any LFR. Also, you constantly get evade bugs when you get to the platforms.
    So blizzard is to fix bad tank?

- Unskippable cinema sequence on Tortos. Yes, I would like to skip it, thank you. Do you speak English, button?
    that is annoying

- Iron Qon resetting. He did this to us at 2% on the last phase the other day and I almost ragequit.

- Any boss that resets due to someone being locked out of the instance. Especially fun when someone ninja pulls while you're waiting to kick an AFK and gets killed. At least as the tank, I can, and do, put my foot down and wipe it if I know it's going to reset anyway.

Resets are useful, but there are also annoying when someone accidently does it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

In other news...

Garrosh Hellscream has become Warchief of the Horde and has taken over the place of Thrall.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Deleted
    Then go to Tortos without starting the cinematic? Problem solved.

There's a cinematic for Tortos?

10+ Year Old Account
    "i clicked the damn feast. WTF"
    Hi

Obvious LFR heroes are obvious.
    "there is a tortos cinematic?"

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    So blizzard is to fix bad tank?
    The Heart of Fear trash is a joke on normal, you just single tank it and AoE it down. On LFR it's an almost guaranteed tank death except in the 0.00001% of cases where they researched how to do the trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Then go to Tortos without starting the cinematic? Problem solved.
    TROLLOLOLOLOL

My biggest complaint is when you don't always turn the difficulty back to normal when heading off to Megaera or Durumu after heroic Tortos/JiKun or even when you dont turn it on heroic for Ji-Kun and you do all that trash, get to boss and change it and the trash resets. Stupid as fuck and should of been fixed years ago. Sometimes we are clearing so fast we don't remember, we probably have 15 hours wasted on that shit this tier alone.

The Tortos cinematic can't be skipped because it moves some of the raid toons around for the animation, so if you basicly would skip it, you would dissapear from other's cutscene. It's a thing that after 1 time, nobody cares about the cinematic, but if they wanted to allow to skip it, they would have to remake the cutscene so that no one goes on the bridge during the cutscene, and the bridge collapse alone. And even then, players would have to wait for Lei Shen to blow up the bridge (out of the cutscene) to jump down, a bit like the bridge forming in Firelands.

I don't know if there's a way to jump down without having the bridge broken, if so, then yes, they are just lazy as they could change the cutscene having no one of the group cross the bridge, so people can skip it and jump down even before Lei Shen breaks it down. Otherwise, skipping wouldn't do much thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisso View Post
    The Tortos cinematic can't be skipped because it moves some of the raid toons around for the animation, so if you basicly would skip it, you would dissapear from other's cutscene. It's a thing that after 1 time, nobody cares about the cinematic, but if they wanted to allow to skip it, they would have to remake the cutscene so that no one goes on the bridge during the cutscene, and the bridge collapse alone. And even then, players would have to wait for Lei Shen to blow up the bridge (out of the cutscene) to jump down, a bit like the bridge forming in Firelands.

I don't know if there's a way to jump down without having the bridge broken, if so, then yes, they are just lazy as they could change the cutscene having no one of the group cross the bridge, so people can skip it and jump down even before Lei Shen breaks it down. Otherwise, skipping wouldn't do much thing.

Whoosh... the point is that if you hit Esc the cinematic asks if you'd like to skip the rest of it and if you click OK... it continues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    TROLLOLOLOLOL

My biggest complaint is when you don't always turn the difficulty back to normal when heading off to Megaera or Durumu after heroic Tortos/JiKun or even when you dont turn it on heroic for Ji-Kun and you do all that trash, get to boss and change it and the trash resets. Stupid as fuck and should of been fixed years ago. Sometimes we are clearing so fast we don't remember, we probably have 15 hours wasted on that shit this tier alone.
    When my raid forgets to do it before clearing trash, we pull/reset the boss then switch the difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Whoosh... the point is that if you hit Esc the cinematic asks if you'd like to skip the rest of it and if you click OK... it continues.
    Right....

I was simply pointing out the reason why the Skip option doesn't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I skip it every week by making myself a sandwich instead.

How about you try the bug report forum on the blizzard forums, not a fan site?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to watch the cinematic, you can just jump down the hole (don't walk on the bridge) the boss and trash are there waiting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Obvious LFR heroes are obvious.
    "there is a tortos cinematic?"
    Yes, I envy them too.

I wanna skip it so bad, I STILL hit esc every week in the hopes that it proves to be skippable after all. Albeit... disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritthepally View Post
    How about you try the bug report forum on the blizzard forums, not a fan site?
    "If it was that easy, don't you think we would have figured it out already?"

You're supposed to have one tank take the shield master and the other faces the packs away from the raid, but I've never seen another tank that had a clue about that. Trash isn't in the dungeon journal.
    It's a common rule to keep mobs facing away from raid whenever possible.

Nothing is bugged on this trash, just melee dps'ing mobs in face, ranged staying in melee range, and tanks facing mobs towards raid.

Tortos cinematic is ok, nice opportunity for smoke break.

Iron Qon resetting is ok. Many bosses can be resetted if placed at specific position, which allows to reduce repair bills and avoid corpse run.
    Any boss that resets due to someone being locked out of the instance. Especially fun when someone ninja pulls while you're waiting to kick an AFK and gets killed.
    That's the lesson to ninja-puller. You should be thankful that boss resetted, as most likely you'd have problems killing it undermanned, and there is nothing good in rushing when not everyone is ready. Also resetting doesn't cost repair bills for most people, so I see no problem here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post

Iron Qon resetting is ok. Many bosses can be resetted if placed at specific position, which allows to reduce repair bills and avoid corpse run.
    No, it's not OK, because, even if it's intended, it's not obvious where he will reset. Windlord in HoF, for example, IS obvious... run down the ramp and the encounter will reset. IQ has no obvious "go over THIS line" mechanic, it's just that sometimes if you pull him too far out he'll reset.

Again, someone doesn't understand the complaint. The cinematic complaint isn't that there is one or even that it can't be cancelled, it's that it acts like it can be, but cannot. Iron Qon's issue isn't that a boss can be reset but that he can be reset somewhat randomly vs having a clear action that resets him. Every other boss that's resettable has a clear action that does it.