Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.
    It's exactly the same amount of general leveling. If anything, 10 levels feels less as you hit a new level much quicker (twice as quick).

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, came here to see if someone has already made a post about this, and sure enough x)

I would be extremely happy if they went back to 10, 5 seems awkward to me. I don't think this 'confirms' it, but it does seem more likely now for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Awesome for ppl who dont raid....
    Yes, god forbid every single piece of content isn't for people who do LFR exclusively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    You're right. I can't wait to coin the dagger, the 2 handed axe, the strength sword, the bow or the shield. When I coin these items my first reaction is going to be "fuck yes, levelling is so much easier now that I have items I can't equip."

Stupid isn't even the word for this.
    again this is BETA just because the filter shows all items vs just what you want does not mean there isn't going to be class/spec rules to the loot as normal. How about you wait for a blue post to confirm/explain before you throw a fit

or better yet how about you know actually contribute and submit a bug that says "hey i see all boa's as mistweaver spec. Is this intended or not"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're right. I can't wait to coin the dagger, the 2 handed axe, the strength sword, the bow or the shield. When I coin these items my first reaction is going to be "fuck yes, levelling is so much easier now that I have items I can't equip."

Stupid isn't even the word for this.

Since when has coin loot not been based on your spec?

10+ Year Old Account
    If this makes it to the live and we actually get 10 more levels next expansion, then my prophecy came true...

Deleted
    I'd much rather have 10 levels... 5 feels so slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems unnecessary, we already have heirlooms and this would make many of next expansion's weapons obsolete

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Awesome for ppl who dont raid....
    Awesome sense of entitlement

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Since when has coin loot not been based on your spec?
    Look at PTR. You can select specialization "Mistweaver [Monk]" and be eligible for all heirloom weapons. Hopefully this is a bug, and I hope it is because if it goes live like that then it's going to be pretty shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Levelling a second (third, fourth, fifth, etc) time is one of the most arduous parts of the game, I have no idea why they would go back to ten levels. Changing to five was one of the best decisions they made.
    I absolutely disagree. WotLK and BC had so many more dungeons and stories packed into the expansion, what we get with 5 levels is less content deployed over roughly the same period of time. The lack of high-end levelling content in Cata and MoP (80-85, 85-90) was pathetic. The reason levelling a second, third, fourth, etc. was less painful during Wrath was because there was more interesting stuff to do, as opposed to running Temple of the Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery for the fifty-millionth time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at PTR. You can select specialization "Mistweaver [Monk]" and be eligible for all heirloom weapons. Hopefully this is a bug, and I hope it is because if it goes live like that then it's going to be pretty shit.

Wouldn't that be more of a WOWDB issue?

Yeah after playing around in there a bit it's a wow DB issue. getting melee and stam trinkets for warlocks also.

in case you didn't know. WOWDB = curse not blizzard.
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2013-08-08 at 02:44 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Imagine them releasing the Burning Legion expansion... we go to Argus. There are two continents. One of them progresses us the first five levels, and the second the last five levels. Or, alternatively, each continent progresses ten levels individually, and you can hop back and forth to pick and choose what you like...!

Or it could be a PTR thing, or they might drop this down to 95 later.

I'm curious if those weapon models are available to the Alliance as well as usable for transmog purposes.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    Well they should think of something different imo. This is just bound to cause a large amount of anger from those that just do lfr and only want to do lfr. They are the majority and this would be pretty much spitting in their faces. I mean really, how much more do they have to give above and beyond what lfr does till people will be happy? People are not going to be accept being told if they want boa items to help make lvling better they have to do versions of a raid they do not wish to do.
    This is going to be a slap in the face for normal mode raiders(not to mention flex which is far worse) as heroic raiders will still have the best BoA's which will cause everyone but the heroic crowd a disadvantage for realm first lvl 95/100. I really dislike this, the only option I have now is to cash out 200€ and buy a garrosh heroic kill and beg for the BoA's to drop if I want to stand a chance at realm first.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-08-08 at 03:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    This is going to be a slap in the face for normal mode raiders(not to mention flex which is far worse) as heroic raiders will still have the best BoA's which will cause everyone but the heroic crowd a disadvantage for realm first lvl 95/100. I really dislike this, the only option I have now is to cash out 200€ and buy a garrosh heroic kill and beg for the BoA's to drop if I want to stand a chance at realm first.
    usually by the end of the expansion you can find a capable pug in trade chat for last bosses heroic. The content blizzard produces nowadays isn't really that hard after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My bad.

Still, they want you to upgrade your weapons as you level in new content. This would be unprecedented, and it isn't something really needed, thus I think it's just the usual PTR weirdness.

Just feels lame when you're killing mobs faster than you can even perform your rotation IMO.
    since WOTLK, I haven't done a single rotation on any quest mobs with my hunter, mobs all die under 3 seconds.

Also, the fact the the weapon scales with level doesn't mean you will do more dps than with quest items, after all, you change weapons more often than you level in MoP.

I think this is going to go live. It's not game breaking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    People who are doing the hardest content, should have an advantage. Effort = Reward.

If you're so into getting realm first, pretend the race starts in 5.4, and join a heroic raiding guild to get the heirlooms. If you don't think it's worth it, then obviously others deserve the achievement more than you.

In any case, it's extremely rare that all else is equal in those races. Practice more on the beta, get better at your class/spec (levelling), optimal talents/macros/consumables etc. If the race comes down to the heirlooms, they deserved it anyway.

Some will have a huge advantage over others in getting realm first 95/100 purely based on their classes. You have to work around the disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Wouldn't that be more of a WOWDB issue?

Yeah after playing around in there a bit it's a wow DB issue. getting melee and stam trinkets for warlocks also.

in case you didn't know. WOWDB = curse not blizzard.
    I mean the actual PTR. In case you're confused, here's a screenshot: (set class filter to MW)

So unless it's a bug with display, this is going to suck.

I mean the actual PTR. In case you're confused, here's a screenshot: (set class filter to MW)

Why would this suck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Why would this suck?
    I'm a Mistweaver, why would I want a 2h Axe or a dagger, or a bow, or a shield. None of which I can use.

10+ Year Old Account

Most likely a bug with the display.

I'm a Mistweaver, why would I want a 2h Axe or a dagger, or a bow, or a shield. None of which I can use.
    OHHHHHH I thought you meant having the next level cap raise be 10 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.