Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The idea that as a persistent reward going in to the next expansion can have a slightly better than other blues at that level weapon to level with is nice. I don't see a problem with these not dropping in flex or LFR. If you're looking to only do that type of raiding, I don't suspect you'll need to be all gung-ho about being 95, or 100 as soon as possible.

A friendly guess for the high ilvl is maybe for the next xpac (if indeed, that's what it is for, but I doubt it), so when using BoA items their Ilvl wouldn't suffer as much? (being excluded from particular randoms due to lower ilvl since it is bloated right now). Then again, maybe the stat squish (if it happens next xpac) will change that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeothecat View Post
    How? How do the extra 5 levels magically make a good expansion?
    With the amount of people at the beginning of the expansion complaining on how long it took to level and Mists was Alt un-friendly, I feel if this 10 levels gap is true, it is for the better.

To answer your Question.. Before any XP nerfs you have 60-70, 70-80, 80-85, and 85-90.

The time it takes to level from 70-80 a 10 level gap, is about the same time it would take you to level from 80-85 and goes the same for 85-90. The amount of XP that is inside 70-80 is about the same for the other two, with just more infatuated numbers.

So, by that logic, you can say that if they go from condensing the levels, therefore making the levels seem like they take forever, and go back to 10 level gaps, people will be getting levels twice as fast as they were in the last two expansions giving them a better sense of accomplishment.

Difference being, "Man this 88-89 grind takes forever." or "Man 97, and 98, went by with the bat of an eye."

Its all because if they spread it out more, it may take the same amount of time, but we as players are less likely to realize it. We didn't have a problem with the 10 level gap in Wrath, it only started to shot in Cataclysm and MoP.
    Last edited by Shandodo; 2013-08-08 at 05:43 PM.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrigan View Post
    People who are doing the hardest content, should have an advantage. Effort = Reward.

If you're so into getting realm first, pretend the race starts in 5.4, and join a heroic raiding guild to get the heirlooms. If you don't think it's worth it, then obviously others deserve the achievement more than you.

In any case, it's extremely rare that all else is equal in those races. Practice more on the beta, get better at your class/spec (levelling), optimal talents/macros/consumables etc. If the race comes down to the heirlooms, they deserved it anyway.

Some will have a huge advantage over others in getting realm first 95/100 purely based on their classes. You have to work around the disadvantages.
    You have some good points the most of the race is the practise on beta etc, you're right. However I disagree with the part where they deserve the advantage simply because it's a new start and it should remain fair like it has always been. In the past heroic raiders still had an easier time to level even if it lasted less. In cataclysm I didn't replace my 277 gear until like deepholm/uldum. However these heirlooms go straight to new max level which is not fair.

Do you know the difference between a fresh 85 that starts in jadeforest and a 85 that has a 471 weapon? Well, the difference is that I can oneshot mobs with it and the new 85 can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblepakage View Post
    The idea that as a persistent reward going in to the next expansion can have a slightly better than other blues at that level weapon to level with is nice. I don't see a problem with these not dropping in flex or LFR. If you're looking to only do that type of raiding, I don't suspect you'll need to be all gung-ho about being 95, or 100 as soon as possible.
    They drop in flex just not LFR.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reposting this from the closed thread.

I'm not convinced this confirms level 100. If Blizz had put down level 95 we'd all know for sure it's 95 next expansion. This way they have speculation about 100, and then can drop the heirlooms to 95 retroactively in 5.5.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    You have some good points the most of the race is the practise on beta etc, you're right. However I disagree with the part where they deserve the advantage simply because it's a new start and it should remain fair like it has always been. In the past heroic raiders still had an easier time to level even if it lasted less. In cataclysm I didn't replace my 277 gear until like deepholm/uldum. However these heirlooms go straight to new max level which is not fair.

Do you know the difference between a fresh 85 that starts in jadeforest and a 85 that has a 471 weapon? Well, the difference is that I can oneshot mobs with it and the new 85 can't.

- - - Updated - - -

They drop in flex just not LFR.
    What's stopping someone in dungeon blues complaining about your LFR, Flex or Normal gear on release day? Or someone who dings 90, 3 days before X5 is released?Where do you draw the line?

The heirlooms, if implemented, would be similar to the ones we have today. A blue quality weapon is very nearly as good as a heirloom. When a new expansion releases, they typically shower you with good quality weapons. You may have a slight disadvantage for a level or two (depending if it's 95 or 100) until you get to that big quest. A very minor one.

I disagree with you on players not having an advantage on launch after working really hard the previous expansion. You get to keep all of the gold you made previously to buy expensive BoE's? Once again, where do you draw the line?

Remember, people even thought there wouldn't be a total item reset before BC launched, your AQ/Naxx gear was going to carry you almost right up until BC raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It could also simply be that they want the weapons to be desirable for more than just one expansion. Maybe they put them in so people would be tempted to get them even a year down the line. (New expansion, level cap 95. Year down the line, Expansion after next, level cap 100. Still a desire to use these weapons because they scale to 100.)
    Nah, not going to happen, to make it desirable in the questing portion of 7.0 the power of the weapon would have to be better than any sword you could possibly get in 6.0->6.5 and that isn't going to happen. Since these weapons are not open to casual general population that means its there for the people willing to put the effort into raiding so its not designed for people who only do questing zones and then quit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    I'm a Mistweaver, why would I want a 2h Axe or a dagger, or a bow, or a shield. None of which I can use.
    Because its heirlooms? You might want them for your alts?

Quote Originally Posted by nyctre10 View Post
    doesn't this also confirm 2x 5 level expansions and 5 x 2 level expansions?
    yes, it's probably more likely that the next expansion will have 10 levels..but making these weapons useful for 2 expansions wouldn't be that hard to believe either
    They only just this last patch brought wotlk heirlooms up to cata. Yes it is hard to believe they are doing heirlooms that work for 4 years in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'm not convinced this confirms level 100. If Blizz had put down level 95 we'd all know for sure it's 95 next expansion. This way they have speculation about 100, and then can drop the heirlooms to 95 retroactively in 5.5.
    Then why not just make it 1-90 and change it in the next expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    It could also simply be that they want the weapons to be desirable for more than just one expansion. Maybe they put them in so people would be tempted to get them even a year down the line. (New expansion, level cap 95. Year down the line, Expansion after next, level cap 100. Still a desire to use these weapons because they scale to 100.)
    Could be that as well. Either way, I think it's premature to claim these heirlooms prove next expansion caps at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Then why not just make it 1-90 and change it in the next expansion?
    Because these aren't intended to be for leveling. They're intended to be used for leveling next expansion so the final weapons are more desirable.

I hope it is to lvl 100. I do prefer every exp to have 10 levels. Cata made the mistake having it at 85 but I guess they made that decision at the time since Blizzard was thinking that level 100 would be the final level for WoW.

Hope so, it's much more enjoyable when u get experience at a faster rate spanned over more levels, it's really boring not seeing a level for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    That number could be a placeholder

TBH i expected at least 2 xpacs till we hit the magical 100 but who knows
    100 is hardly a magical number, blizzard themselves have said that it's just a number.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    I hope it is to lvl 100. I do prefer every exp to have 10 levels. Cata made the mistake having it at 85 but I guess they made that decision at the time since Blizzard was thinking that level 100 would be the final level for WoW.
    I think ti was based on the fact Blizz didn't want to be obligated to make a whole new continent alongside revamping EK and Kalimdor.

10+ Year Old Account
    just because the weapons say 90-100 does not in any way confirm next expack will be cap at 100, allthough i really want next expansion to be 100

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Could be that as well. Either way, I think it's premature to claim these heirlooms prove next expansion caps at 100.

- - - Updated - - -

Because these aren't intended to be for leveling. They're intended to be used for leveling next expansion so the final weapons are more desirable.
    Then saying that they will upgrade them to the next expansions level cap, as soon as the next expansion hits, will mean players will want to get them.

Players will want to get them even if they're only for level 1-90

10+ Year Old Account
    this pretty much confirms next expansion will be level 100, for me. https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...96087836360705

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like the idea of BoA weapons dropping from normal/flex . That means that useless "gonna be d/e" weapons are gonna be given to alts and it's gonna be somewhat useful .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not necessarily. It could just be an indication that the heirlooms remain current for the next 2 expansions. You use them to level to 95, ditch the heirlooms as you get better, and use them again for the expansion after it when you level to 100.