Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You say that like a mechanical keyboard is "better", but personally I never saw/felt the advantage. I don't get the obsession with mechanical keys personally.
    I was talking about the actual difference when it comes to hardware in mice and compared them to the hardware used in keyboards. I never mentioned mechanical keyboards at all(at least that wasn't my attempt maybe poor wording)

my buddy got a free mouse with his iBUYPOWER desktop build he gave to me 3-4 years ago, it has 2 additional buttons on the thumb position I use for Strafe Left and Right, so I do all movement with my mouse and use keybinds for everything else. If you are like me the 20+ button mouses will not work as I have big ass hands and hit multiple at a time. IMO its a preference thing not a necessity.

Well, I've been using a simple office mice for a while, had no penalties in gaming. I switched to Logitech mice just because their shape fits my hand ideally. I don't need extra buttons since I have plenty of keys on my keyboard (which is also simple basic office mechanical keyboard).
    Though I tried to use Razor naga for a while, experience was awful - it even didn't want to install itself into my system, so I had to manually download three or four drivers distributives for it and manually install them one by one until I found driver that actually worked with my razor mouse; so I gave that razor mouse away and never ever bought another one.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    I will allow myself to derail a little - not fond of making separate thread.

Does anyone have some experience / opinions about this mouse?
    http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3926#ov

I like its shape, looks, wireless...ness and cheap price, but I'm afraid it might not be durable enough.
    I would never, ever take a mouse that is wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    I would never, ever take a mouse that is wireless.
    Why is that? I think they are quite comfortable, as there is no cord to cause problems. And you can use it to operate PC from distance.
    It's also great for laptops, when you go out
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

For MMORPGs, you may like the extra buttons. The improved precision and adjustable DPI are really noticeable in FPS and RTS games, but not a big deal in MMORPGs.

Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Why is that? I think they are quite comfortable, as there is no cord to cause problems. And you can use it to operate PC from distance.
    It's also great for laptops, when you go out
    I personally dont like them for the following reasons:
    - you need to charge them, there is a chance you forget and the mouse dies in mid-fight
    - they are usually heavier then wired mice (battery)
    - wired mice are more responsive (correct me if im wrong)
    - there is a possibility for interference (other devices)

Also, try using a mouse with a braided cord. It solves your 'wire issues' i think

You are right about that its usefull for laptops, or sitting on the couch or w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    That racecar you got as avatar, please tell me, does the cars expensive engine last longer than a regular, toyota engine?
    It would do if it was tuned down to the same power as a regular, toyota engine. Infact they are so well built, strong and efficient they would outlast any everyday car engine, if tuned down to less power. But using an example of a 25 year old racing car engine when comparing a modern off the shelf computer mouse does not exactly make any sense at all.

If you take a modern F1 engine, at 2.4L displacement they put out upwards of 750bhp, but are so finely built that if you tried to start it without first heating up the engine it would chew itself to bits, these are high precision machines, not to be compared with a computer PC mouse. But still, if the engine was modified to run in an everyday car it would be far more durable and efficient than anything put into an everyday road car.

An expensive gaming mouse is more like comparing a barebones road car to an expensive car with all the extras, the fact that it has air conditioning should not effect the basic functionality of the car, the life of the car should not be less because it is more expensive.

The Razer mice don't last because of bad build quality and questionable design, not because they are "high end" like comparing to a racing car.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-08-08 at 02:19 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4