Question Virtual realms: characters with the same name?

Hello, everyone!!
    I noticed that there is a character in another realm with the same name as my main character. What's going to happen when our realms be "merged" with the new virtual realms feature?
    Will i be forced to change my character name?
    There are some guilds with the same name too. What's going to happen to them?

Thank you!!
    Last edited by MarilynMaelstrom; 2014-10-12 at 10:58 PM.

Theyve already stated that people will retain their own names. It's just like now with Cross Realm Zones with people of the same name or in LFR/LFD. Those people will have an * next to their name. For Cross server, its going to be a #. Everything is staying the same. No name changes are required.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe your name will be presented in the same way it does for battlegrounds.

You may wish to read this article that appeared on the front page a few days back.

Now the quote in the article I linked is different to what appeared on the front page, so he's the other version:

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Q. How can I tell if someone is on my Connected Realm, but from a different realm?
    A. Similar to how we use the (*) symbol next to a player’s name to denote if they’re from another realm in Raid Finder, Dungeons, Scenarios, or a cross-realm zone, we’ll be using a (#) symbol to indicate that someone is part of your Connected Realm, but not your home realm.
    Hope this helps.
    -Vin-